Recent Topics

Ads

Fusion Sports League - 6v6 Tournament [2nd June]

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gravord

Re: Fusion Sports League - 6v6 Nights

Post#71 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:40 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:32 pm
Gravord wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:21 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Good points. I did try to do a league before, but it sorta flopped, hence why in OP i said that this event was just gonna be a few fights without any strict structural system.

Given the interest and turnout yesterday, however, I am tempted to try the league approach. However, I will readily admit that I would need help in orchestrating this; it is an arduous task to both stream, organise and partake in the event simultaneously =P
1 fight a day rule would help ease up effort needed a lot :)
Forgot to add, league system would allow additional benefits - stronger teams meeting up with less renowned/experienced/newly made ones could use wider rosters of their own team members and give them good practice in 6vs6 while those theoretically weaker teams would get good training and better taste for 6vs6.

Good points. We could do the one fight a day rule, have someone record it from each team, submit results into a league table, and keep it going for a while.
And focus on encouraging new teams to come and try. Theres plenty guilds out there that could come, participate and learn a lot.

Ads
daniilpb

Post#72 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm

If you'd spread it like that, all the hype will be lost because it won't differ from usual 6v6 scenarios but in the open field. Less people will come to watch because it will be something ordinary.
It's good as long as it's an event, some kind of occasion. Don't lose that special atmosphere. Keep it unique and rare. Don't make it too much of a good thing, again, you will simply lose the charm and it won't increase popularity of the scene.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Gravord

Post#73 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:17 pm

daniilpb wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm If you'd spread it like that, all the hype will be lost because it won't differ from usual 6v6 scenarios but in the open field. Less people will come to watch because it will be something ordinary.
It's good as long as it's an event, some kind of occasion. Don't lose that special atmosphere. Keep it unique and rare. Don't make it too much of a good thing, again, you will simply lose the charm and it won't increase popularity of the scene.
For that you will have grand finale and 3rd spot fight ;)

daniilpb

Post#74 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:17 pm
daniilpb wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm If you'd spread it like that, all the hype will be lost because it won't differ from usual 6v6 scenarios but in the open field. Less people will come to watch because it will be something ordinary.
For that you will have grand finale and 3rd spot fight ;)
You have Isha, EC and other one group scenarios for regular/ordinary fights. Not many people are interested in such sophistication. You can make an experiment yourself: set some kind of ladder with complicated system, as you propose, and test the interest of community. That's one of the reasons why Bloodbath event has failed.
Don't make same mistakes with the thing that appeared successful.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

daniilpb

Post#75 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:50 am

<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Loans

Post#76 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:02 am

Waiting the next one :twisted:

Glorian

Post#77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am

Great Event.
Can we for the next one having something like an commentator?

Messaging in front both setups and what is going on. The fighting sometimes switched to near the destro warcamp and I didn't want to run in the lakes to see it.

daniilpb

Post#78 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 am

Glorian wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am Great Event.

Messaging in front both setups and what is going on. The fighting sometimes switched to near the destro warcamp and I didn't want to run in the lakes to see it.
I was announcing every fight and team in destro chat. I couldn't play both sides simultaneously :D
But we had a spectator-streamer on Order side.
Hopefully, next event will get a stream with commentary (I might even do it myself)
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#79 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 am

Glorian wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am Great Event.

Would love to do that. 2 weeks until the next event should be sufficient time to get all of these things discussed.

Scrilian

Post#80 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250366272
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250417699
Two parts because OBS crashed after 2h. Wanted to make a music video of all of this, but currently very sick, so this has to do :C
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)