Recent Topics

Ads

6v6 Tier 4 TOURNAMENT!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Snoxx

Re: 6v6 Tier 4 TOURNAMENT!

Post#41 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:47 pm But isn't Inc HD better than Out HD ?
True, but having both combined would be better, right?

Ads
Xergon

Post#42 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Snoxx wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:41 pm
Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:47 pm But isn't Inc HD better than Out HD ?
True, but having both combined would be better, right?
If you don't focus healer then not really ;)
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Xergon

Post#43 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:46 pm

abodam wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm
Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:59 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:57 pm

The DPS Shaman was exceptionally played by one of the top Shamans in the game. I don't think it's fair to take credit away from them by attributing it to perceived notions of the class.
was not my intention to take any credit away...
maybe instead op should used STRONK which means, better than WE, SH, Sorc which suppose to be a DPS classes :roll:
Dont forget Magus as dps class... :(
is that even viable in 6v6, like immobile engi/magus brings anything ?
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:48 pm GG
DPS Shamman/AM op in small scale i guess, 5s Silence + 9s HD.
The DPS Shaman was exceptionally played by one of the top Shamans in the game. I don't think it's fair to take credit away from them by attributing it to perceived notions of the class.
maybe instead op should used STRONK which means, better than WE, SH, Sorc which suppose to be a DPS classes :roll:
No offence, but this pretty much sums up your ignorance on what works and what doesn't work in 6v6: Sorc has been proven to work, and Witch Elf is an amazing DPS for 6v6 (SH works, too). Just because DPS Shaman comp won last night doesn't mean it is the best DPS on destro; you have to factor in the players, too (best consistent premade in RoR's history).

Also: when a Shaman specs for the dedicated damage tree, uses offensive tactics and specs RR/gear offensively, he should no longer be considered a healer, but a damage dealer.

Xergon

Post#45 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:57 pm
Spoiler:

No offence, but this pretty much sums up your ignorance on what works and what doesn't work in 6v6: Sorc has been proven to work, and Witch Elf is an amazing DPS for 6v6 (SH works, too). Just because DPS Shaman comp won last night doesn't mean it is the best DPS on destro; you have to factor in the players, too (best consistent premade in RoR's history).

Also: when a Shaman specs for the dedicated damage tree, uses offensive tactics and specs RR/gear offensively, he should no longer be considered a healer, but a damage dealer.
Sorry mate but you taking it too serious...

First of all i was simply wondering, and those videos you posted doesn't prove anything.
Actually, Sorc vid, even tho its 8month old ( a lot stuff changed since then ) shows, how in Danger Sorc was all of the time, even dieing, now compare that to last event fight. You didn't even think of focusing Shamman and i can understand why.

Second vid of WE also is a bit outdated since she lost a bit melee crit...

I'm not ignorant, i'm simply wondering...
I'm not saying its BEST comp, i'm saying it can be as good as other pure DPS comp, that's already questionable, since someone stated that "Class can't be good in everything"...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

peterthepan3

Post#46 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:57 pm
Spoiler:

Sorry mate but you taking it too serious...

First of all i was simply wondering, and those videos you posted doesn't prove anything.
Actually, Sorc vid, even tho its 8month old ( a lot stuff changed since then ) shows, how in Danger Sorc was all of the time, even dieing, now compare that to last event fight. You didn't even think of focusing Shamman and i can understand why.

Second vid of WE also is a bit outdated since she lost a bit melee crit...

I'm not ignorant, i'm simply wondering...
I'm not saying its BEST comp, i'm saying it can be as good as other pure DPS comp, that's already questionable, since someone stated that "Class can't be good in everything"...
That was a failure on our part for not attacking the Shaman btw. Had we utilised a proper WH/WL/SM comp (like the enemy did in the Sorc 6v6, resulting in a few kills as you said), the Shaman would have possibly gone down. We didn't pressure him as much as we should have, and that's our L!

'maybe instead op should used STRONK which means, better than WE, SH, Sorc which suppose to be a DPS classes :roll:'

^ that was your comment, mate. I posted the vids above to show that those classes you mentioned do actually work in 6v6, too.

Bearing this in mind, I am curious as to why you believe DPS shaman is a better DPS than, say, a WE? Based on yesterday?

Aceboltz

Post#47 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:01 am

I'm sorry Peter but the sorc video just proved how BAD they are in 6v6. Even an excellent player gets a very hard time playing 6v6 sorc, as we can see, the class is the weak link of the team you just focus down to get kills and milk rr.
They destro team gets pessured so hard when the enemy goes on sorc they have to blow all their CDs to protect him (terrible embrace used defensivly etc) but the sorc eventually dies 4 times over 5. The sorc just gets paintrained by his natural predators (wh-wl), in a more closed map he would be perma dead.
Sorc only brings medium damage pressure with long ramp up time to his team and really lacks utility and defense.
A good player bringing his sorc to a 6v6 does not mean it's a good idea.

Dammy095

Post#48 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 am

Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 pm how in Danger Sorc was all of the time, even dieing, now compare that to last event fight. You didn't even think of focusing Shamman and i can understand why.
because of too much open space , ive noticed how healers were safe whole tournament and noone pressure/harassed them

Ads
Cimba

Post#49 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:27 am

Thanks for organizing the event, had a great time.

DanielWinner

Post#50 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 am

Dammy095 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 am
Xergon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 pm how in Danger Sorc was all of the time, even dieing, now compare that to last event fight. You didn't even think of focusing Shamman and i can understand why.
because of too much open space , ive noticed how healers were safe whole tournament and noone pressure/harassed them
There is no point in pressing and harassing healers unless you want them dead once and for all like triple engage strategy of WH/WL/SM or when other 1/2 enemy players are dead already.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha