Recent Topics

Ads

Server status: Up or Down?

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Server is Down

Post#821 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:13 am

Argot wrote:could this topic's first message have last edited time\date by any chance? so we could know the administration is aware of problem. thnx
We edit the first post so unless its stating that its up then we are aware of it. (we also edit the topic title in the same way)

Ads
pfs2222

Re: Server is Down

Post#822 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 am

So it is always the first post in this topic which has got the latest status ? Then please add a time stamp when you edited it, because without it seems to be from autumn 2017.

Bomfur - Runepriest / Glamdulin - Ironbreaker / Tunggdil - Engineer /Snorrij - Slayer

Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Server is Up

Post#823 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:24 am

and server is up

Ryzom

Post#824 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:26 am

yeah baby
Ni dieu ni maître

dtjror

Post#825 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Natherul wrote:and server is up
Great. Now what, if anything, can or is being done to prevent it from crashing in US prime time such that it isn't down all night for us again?

Dabbart

Post#826 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm

dtjror wrote:
Great. Now what, if anything, can or is being done to prevent it from crashing in US prime time such that it isn't down all night for us again?
Everyday they sacrifice a whiny entitled non-paying player to the Lag Gods.

The server is based in the EU. Prime time for us is 4amish for them. **** happens.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

dtjror

Post#827 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Dabbart wrote:
dtjror wrote:

The server is based in the EU. Prime time for us is 4amish for them. **** happens.
Thanks, your feedback is really helpful (eye roll).

I've already suggested what, in my admittedly lay opinion, seems like a very simple and viable solution - a scheduled server restart every day before US prime time begins. This should at least get us through the evening without a memory leak crash. Thus far however there has been no official response to this simple proposal.

Dabbart

Post#828 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanks. Your feedback and awesomely outside the box solutions are really helpful.

Glad we have you to think of these things....
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
zabis

Post#829 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:41 pm

dtjror wrote:
Dabbart wrote:
dtjror wrote:

I've already suggested what, in my admittedly lay opinion, seems like a very simple and viable solution - a scheduled server restart every day before US prime time begins. This should at least get us through the evening without a memory leak crash. Thus far however there has been no official response to this simple proposal.
Check post #788 in this thread, that may be the answer you are looking for.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

dtjror

Post#830 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 am

zabis wrote:
dtjror wrote:
Dabbart wrote:

Check post #788 in this thread, that may be the answer you are looking for.
Uh, that post addresses the fact that they have a hard time addressing server CRASHES during US primetime due to inavailability of EU based staff. I’m talking about PREVENTATIVE REBOOTS, which, from what I can tell, are perfectly within Wargrimnir’s power to perform. He has access to the server, but if it has already crashed and is not responding, then there is not much he can do and has to wait for the EU gits to step in.

I could give a f*** less whether it’s original/creative/insightful. If it’s simple and works, then why not do it?