Recent Topics

Ads

3 Days Left | Twitch Drops weekend

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GamesBond
Former Staff

3 Days Left | Twitch Drops weekend

Post#1 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:33 pm

This weekend, Twitch Drops will be activated for 30 channels streaming Return of Reckoning!

Participate in the event to support the community's streamers and gain a dozen of valuable and unique rewards.

[Useful links]

- If you are new to the Twitch Drops event, you can link your RoR-Twitch accounts here.

- If you want to read about the event, please check the Twitch Drops Information & FAQ .

- If you want to check the list of Twitch Drops enabled streamers.

- If you want to check what are the drops, here is a list of the rewards that should be gradually filled by the community.

Ads
Silodin

Re: 3 Days Left | Twitch Drops weekend

Post#2 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:27 am

So, on the launcher the text is MASSIVE, FYI.
<Not Good Enough> <NGE>
Silomon 40/80 Knight
Silodone 40/75 Chosen

Omegus

Post#3 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am

Are the single streamer rewards for continuous viewing or just total view time for that streamer over the weekend?

Also 40 hours is excessive as hell. Just asking for more people to afk on streams :(
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#4 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:05 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am Are the single streamer rewards for continuous viewing or just total view time for that streamer over the weekend?
There are various ways:

1. Watching a specific streamer
2. Watching a any streamer
3. RNG
4. Watching X amount of streamers for Y hours each

You can find all the details of the rewards and their requirements in the list mentioned in the original post.
Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am Also 40 hours is excessive as hell. Just asking for more people to afk on streams :(
I don't intend on watching for 40 hours either, but if you and I don't want to spend that time on Twitch we could let the others enjoy it if they desire to do so; Last event, many got all the rewards (except RNG ones) on the second day at night. This is an effort and a test to cover the full 3 days of the event with rewards.

Keep in mind we're still testing the potential of the Drops and how the community interacts with it, I'm interested in finding the middle ground that satisfies the majority. But first, we need to test the extremes.

Omegus

Post#5 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:05 am
Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am Are the single streamer rewards for continuous viewing or just total view time for that streamer over the weekend?
There are various ways:

1. Watching a specific streamer
2. Watching a any streamer
3. RNG
4. Watching X amount of streamers for Y hours each

You can find all the details of the rewards and their requirements in the list mentioned in the original post.
I was referred to that list. Some of the rewards are based on watching a single streamer and I was just checking if that was 4 hours of uninterupted watching or not, i.e. if I watched Zarbix for 3 hours on day 1 and 3 hours on day 2, does that unlock the "6 hours watching the same streamer" reward?
GamesBond wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:05 am
Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am Also 40 hours is excessive as hell. Just asking for more people to afk on streams :(
I don't intend on watching for 40 hours either, but if you and I don't want to spend that time on Twitch we could let the others enjoy it if they desire to do so; Last event, many got all the rewards (except RNG ones) on the second day at night. This is an effort and a test to cover the full 3 days of the event with rewards.

Keep in mind we're still testing the potential of the Drops and how the community interacts with it, I'm interested in finding the middle ground that satisfies the majority. But first, we need to test the extremes.
I'm one of those who got all of the rewards (including RNG... eventually) last time and it was done via a mix of actually watching and interacting with streams and just leaving twitch on for 8+ hours while I went to sleep/etc. I'll happily do it again lol.

Are you able to give a bit of detail on how the RNG rewards work, i.e. is there a global limit on the number of successful RNG drops?, how often you "roll" to see if you get one of the items, the drop %, etc?

Also one final thing: if any of the quests require streamer interaction please can you find a way of giving the streamers access to those quests early (this might already have been done?). Last time there were a lot of streamers who wanted to do the group quests with their community but just didn't get the random drop for it which was extra harsh considering the streamers also had to spend their time opening portals for people to do the quest that the streamer themselves did not have access to.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#6 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 am I was just checking if that was 4 hours of uninterupted watching or not, i.e. if I watched Zarbix for 3 hours on day 1 and 3 hours on day 2, does that unlock the "6 hours watching the same streamer" reward?
Yes you would get the 6 hours reward. None of the rewards require anyone to watch consecutively.

-
Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 am Are you able to give a bit of detail on how the RNG rewards work, i.e. is there a global limit on the number of successful RNG drops?, how often you "roll" to see if you get one of the items, the drop %, etc?
Every 5 minutes there is a roll conducted by Twitch that rewards the viewers. For instance, the quest has a 5% chance to drop for all the viewers, every 5 minutes. Other rewards could be tens of times or even hundreds of times less likely to drop. I can't share any additional info regarding this topic.

-
Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 am Also one final thing: if any of the quests require streamer interaction please can you find a way of giving the streamers access to those quests early (this might already have been done?). Last time there were a lot of streamers who wanted to do the group quests with their community but just didn't get the random drop for it which was extra harsh considering the streamers also had to spend their time opening portals for people to do the quest that the streamer themselves did not have access to.
We're sorting that out. This even supports streamers and it's expected that they do a little bit of extra work, after all, the event is mainly for them and secondly for the community.