Recent Topics

Ads

Ruin Gear Wipe

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
PartizanRUS

Re: Ruin Gear Wipe

Post#161 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:44 am

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Torquemadra wrote: and a team can mash through the PQs in no time flat and everyone gets gear in a couple of hours, thats decent rewards for what is exceptionally nominal risk especially given PQ creature abilities have not been coded.
Well as opposed to what? People try and make WBs, but noone wants to because noone wants to help anyone else get better contribution. Ranged AOE DPS classes have the easiest time getting #1/#2 slots, mich higher chances of gold bags and then GTFO leaving all the healers/tanks to sit around for days and farm for RUIN gear?
Atleast this method requires a group that is coordinated to play and mash everything.

Right now its ANTI-teamwork. Ive seen healers pursufully NOT heal tanks or DPS on the Hero just because they want the guy to die and NOT get contribution - counting on the total numbers to still kill the Hero which happens. Healers speccing DPS for higher rewards... tanks speccing DPS for higher rewards.... People getting mad and quitting doing PQs because gold bags dont drop frequent enough and when they do MOST often then go to ranged DPS or AoE DPS?
People are getting mad because of pve pixels ? Sounds like they are playing wrong game to me. Good luck.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Ads
Shanell

Post#162 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:20 am

PartizanRUS wrote: People are getting mad because of pve pixels ? Sounds like they are playing wrong game to me. Good luck.
Muh "who is RVR gaem only!11".
Some people don't have RR level to wear annihilator.
Some poeple want to have nice appearence.
Some people simply like to rest in PVE.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Annaise16

Post#163 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:42 am

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Annaise16 wrote:In the live game, I'm pretty sure that contribution at PQs was based on experience points gained, with experience points distributed fairly equally to all members of the group, regardless of role. The contribution might have been boosted if you were in a group. Why not do the same here?

Solo or groups of afk'ers should not receive experience and so would not get a roll on the loot.

You could also set up an RNG system where contribution plays such a large part in the roll that only people with the top few contributions have a chance of getting a gold bag. For example, the top 6 contributors would receive bonuses of +500, +400, +300, +200, +100, and +50. No one else would receive a bonus. The roll would have a maximum value 300. In this situation, assuming there was only 1 gold bag, only the top 3 contributors would have a chance of winning the bag.
Only issue here is you get a "premade" group running, who doesnt invite anyone else and they corner the market on "experience points/contr. points" they will be able to get more than anyone else.

I think the best solution is to create a "threshold" of contribution that people need to pass for a chance to roll (I already think this is in there) and then let it be up to pure rolling at that point IMO. If you really want, create "tiers" of rewards at higher thresholds.

So for instance, Deathsword would be a minimum of 100 contr. for a chance to roll. Which isnt that hard, youll get that by doing decent damage to the Hero/Champs. Then if you REALLY want, do tiers of reward at say 150 and 200 contr.

But giving ONE player a +450 really makes it hard for non DPS classes to get first.

Then the issue of not having a gold bag drop everytime... it should be a much higher probability...

It isn't a problem if premades get their loot first. Once they have their loot, they will leave, and others will get to be the top contributors. I am only advocating this system for pve pqs as there isn't a lot of incentive to stick around at those once you have your loot.

Like I said in my original post, the experience-gain stat is almost certainly how contribution was determined in the live game, and it worked fine there. The top premades who got the most kills got the top contributions. Then the 1-1000 RNG roll was used to spread the loot around. At a pve pq, where people will leave once they've got what they want, you don't need to spread the loot around to the same extent, so you can use a more limited roll.

By the way, the experience system I am suggesting is simply the same one that is used in scens. You have undoubtedly noticed that, in scens, everyone in the same group receives roughly the same amount of experience if they were present for all of the kills. So the experience point sharing system is already in the game.

With regard to Ruin gear in the live game, gold bags were generally only awarded at Hard PQs, and they were fairly rare even then. There seemed to be only a small chance of a gold bag dropping at a normal PQ. I can't recall ever getting a gold bag at an easy PQ, and I farmed probably over a hundred of those for the level 200 talisman containers. Another thing was that, as far as I can remember, you had to do PQs in different zones to get the whole set. For example, it might have been that gold bags in Elf zones would only give shoulder-pieces.

roadkillrobin

Post#164 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:55 pm

No Gold bags didn't drop in easy PQ's you got a Purple if you were lucky.
But this isn't live, and bags arn't dropping items but gold based on difficulty so higher chance of getting gold bags would be in place imo.
And as the game runs atm, it's faster to get Annahilator gear then Ruin duo the the lack of working PQ's and the fact the people don't need renown so they just rush empty keeps for bags and medallions. Wich imo is much worse as Annahilator is supose to be the current BiS gear and is atm the easiest one to get.

We're talkiing about maybe 10-20 bags that were obtained by leachers, But when it comes to PVE empty keeps it's probobly around 1000's peices of gear thats out for no effort. Wich one do you think is more warent of a wipe.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#165 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:11 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:No Gold bags didn't drop in easy PQ's you got a Purple if you were lucky.
But this isn't live, and bags arn't dropping items but gold based on difficulty so higher chance of getting gold bags would be in place imo.
And as the game runs atm, it's faster to get Annahilator gear then Ruin duo the the lack of working PQ's and the fact the people don't need renown so they just rush empty keeps for bags and medallions. Wich imo is much worse as Annahilator is supose to be the current BiS gear and is atm the easiest one to get.

We're talkiing about maybe 10-20 bags that were obtained by leachers, But when it comes to PVE empty keeps it's probobly around 1000's peices of gear thats out for no effort. Wich one do you think is more warent of a wipe.
Trust me, I've checked. Each person has fewer pieces of Anni gear than you'd expect, given the state of the campaign and the amount of PvDoor going on. Lots of people have 1-2 pieces, but few have 3+, and there's not much medallion hoarding going on.

That being said, the system as-is needs a few fixes.

roadkillrobin

Post#166 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:13 pm

You need to check medalions aswell.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#167 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:15 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:You need to check medalions aswell.
Genisaurus wrote:and there's not much medallion hoarding going on.

roadkillrobin

Post#168 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:17 pm

How can that be, everytime i log in there's people farming the **** out of the keeps.
And i'm logged in att all kinda hours.

I mean i have played maybe 1 hour of keeps and i can go buy a peice if I want to

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#169 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:51 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:How can that be, everytime i log in there's people farming the **** out of the keeps.
And i'm logged in att all kinda hours.

I mean i have played maybe 1 hour of keeps and i can go buy a peice if I want to
Could be that people farm a few keeps/zones and then get bored and do something else.

Could be that people farm a few keeps, then switch to an alt to balance their progression or hedge their bets against a wipe.

Could be that keeps still only give a few goldbags to the 5 warbands assaulting them, so the number of pieces any single player gets are pretty low.

Could be that we have a lot of players that aren't playing for very long, so their rewards aren't stacking up as quickly as it might seem.

It is the case that my data is one to two days old now, and it might have become a larger issue since then.

Whatever the case may be with the rewards, I do agree that the system is broken and not playing as intended. It will be adjusted as soon as possible.

roadkillrobin

Post#170 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:10 pm

And i hope there's a wipe with the new system aswell considering that what happens to the PQ farmers..
Btw if you want people to start caring about oRVR again and stop farming empty keeps. Then raise the renown to 50 or something.