Recent Topics

Ads

Some (small) news; behind the curtain.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
frankystein65

Re: Some (small) news; behind the curtain.

Post#21 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:23 pm

thank you for the information. is it possible to code a message for the launcher that gives the server status?

Ads
zak68

Post#22 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm

thank you for understanding the feeling of the community... well, of mine, at least.
and thank you for all the time and efforts you put in this project.
Last edited by zak68 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#23 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:28 pm

frankystein65 wrote:thank you for the information. is it possible to code a message for the launcher that gives the server status?
Sadly the actual launcher has some issues too and don't give correct informations...

Bretin

Post#24 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:36 pm

not too hard to find a solution... it is called pop up/overlay window for each new browser session. thank me later

Shandar

Post#25 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Yaliskah wrote:Please note we don't expect thankfull messages for anything (the fact remains that it is very nice).

Through my initial post the only concern was to explain a situation.

Nothing more, nothing less.

We know you're not expecting thankful messages. But see them as an acknowledge of the community for your effort to stay in touch with us. Greatly appreciated :-)

NSKaneda

Post#26 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks for the info, keep up the good fight, really appreciate your hard work: ya'll the bestest! :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

saupreusse
Developer

Post#27 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Bretin wrote:not too hard to find a solution... it is called pop up/overlay window for each new browser session. thank me later
Even though i hate popup windows, this sounds like a plan that could work! ;)
Ley came up with the idea of a Chatbox on the website, so ppl dont have to create new topics all the time, but can just put short questions in the box.
Ofcourse it would also be nice if the server status would always change to offline when no one can connect, and the launcher should show red - but those bugs dont have a very high priority right now :P

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#28 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:57 pm

popup blocker...
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Bretin

Post#29 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Saupreusse wrote:Even though i hate popup windows, this sounds like a plan that could work!
the majority of internet user do hate popup- and/or overlay windows but that's what they are made for. equal to ads: you don't like them but you remember them. in that case though: people would have to read something (the server status) before it led you to the desired website. black/grey out the website behind and make the message red. if you code something which should provide usability you must keep it as easy and user friendly as possible.

Bretin

Post#30 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Tiggo wrote:popup blocker...
overlay window...