Recent Topics

Ads

Some (small) news; behind the curtain.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Morf

Re: Some (small) news; behind the curtain.

Post#101 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Cheers Yali :D :D
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Lady

Post#102 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm

The banner on the homepage is big and clear enough, so nothing more needed. Stop behaving that stupid, how do u mean to play any game, if ur unable to get this simple thing?
Toca/Zyan

vove

Post#103 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Lady wrote:The banner on the homepage is big and clear enough, so nothing more needed. Stop behaving that stupid, how do u mean to play any game, if ur unable to get this simple thing?
And again the same thing. First of all don't get angry/frustrated/irritated/... There is no point.

When I enter ror site from laptop this is what I see:
Spoiler:
So as you can see the "realm down" banner is not even in the view. If a person isn't English speaker or doesn't care about the news he/she most probably will navigate to other parts of the website using the nav bar, again without even scrolling the page.

I know for some people these are crystal clear things but keep in mind not everyone who uses internet is computer literate due to many reasons. In my opinion hating someone just because he/she has problems navigating trough a webpage/forums or doesn't know how to get information he/she needs is simply being an a-hole.

I guess many people just want to play the game and they have completely no idea about message boards, web etiquette and similar terms. They cannot log in > they go to the webpage > jump straight to forums > look around > create a topic. Then the rage builds up and instead of helping such a lost individual name calling starts and such topic has to be closed as it has no informative value, and said individual probably doesn't even know what has happened.

Again: for some people using a forum is super simple stuff, but have some consideration towards people who struggle with using the computer and/or the internet.

vyperanet

Post#104 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Thank you Yali for the server info we hope to see all RoR peoples fight again asap.
Good work!

Vypera

Lady

Post#105 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Seriously? Able to jump to the forum, to log in and create a topic or give suggestions, but unable to scroll down the homepage? Seriously? Stop trolling me.....
Toca/Zyan

peterthepan3

Post#106 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Guys can the RoR staff please create a custom-browser to make it easier for me to direct to this page? Google chrome and Firefox aren't really ergonomic nor user-friendly, and while some of you may find it easy to open up this page I feel a lot of people (who's first language isn't English) would benefit greatly from a new Return of Reckoning Browser to facilitate our ror browsing experience.

Luth

Post#107 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:23 pm

vove wrote:I guess many people just want to play the game and they have completely no idea about message boards, web etiquette and similar terms. They cannot log in > they go to the webpage > jump straight to forums > look around > create a topic. Then the rage builds up and instead of helping such a lost individual name calling starts and such topic has to be closed as it has no informative value, and said individual probably doesn't even know what has happened.
Using a mouse wheel is not brain surgery.
If someone uses an internet browser to read webpages, one can assume that he knows the very basic functions of navigation and it would make more sense to look around on the main page for staff news and new/updated threads on the right side, instead of randomly clicking through subforums. Otherwise i have to ask how that individual manages to switch on it's computer and open the browser.

I guess in most cases it's just lazyness combined with an "i don't give a ****" attitude, which runs permanently as a background noise in the brain.

Just my oppinion ofc.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#108 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Debating whether or not members saw the server status banner isn't part of the topic in question here.

However, nothing else needs to be said as Yaliskah has covered all the points in his OP. Read that if you've not already.

Locked.

Ads