Recent Topics

Ads

DEV DIARY (not really a). September 2016.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Razielhell
Former Staff

Re: DEV DIARY (not really a). September 2016.

Post#61 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:26 am

saupreusse wrote:Yeah afaik the new Launcher will look different.
Nice :D
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Ads
Gnash

Post#62 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Yaliskah wrote:THE ROR TEAM
Spoiler: Show
We are small 20-30, including everyone, team more or less involved in the project. All of us have a job, studies, families to care about, and are not paid for working on this project. Most of us are just passionate and haven't any knowledge, some have very specific abilites, some can give an hour per week, and some 10 or more. We are doing this because just like you, we love this game. We are trying our best - sometimes Awkwardly- to make it live. I know I always ask you to be patient and I know that long to wait and wait and wait.
Now, I hope you have a better understanding of all the project mechanics and why sometimes it seems to be long/weird/frustrating.

Now if some of you have questions, I'll try my best to answer (it may take some time got a life IRL).

Yali for the RoR Team.
Your (collective) dedication and sacrifices do not go unnoticed. I had to expand my all time top 10 personal heroes list to accommodate a "We are small group of 20-30..." all time personal heroes list. I sincerely hope each of you takes a regular mini-vacation (48-72 hours) away from here and with your loved ones. You all deserve at least that. Cheers! ;)
Good Hunting! :twisted:
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Asherdoom

Post#63 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:38 pm

a word to those who whine concerning server status: leave. no one force you to play here. Instead of being grateful to play warhammer once more after his closure on retail server you whine for this and that. Bugs will be fixed. Give team time. Otherwise leave and the community will be more healthy.

Stortz

Post#64 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:12 am

are people seriously complaining?
that's funny and sad

Gakvar

Post#65 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:30 am

You guys rock! I love the project and I know I'll be playing it to the last dying breath...

Belmarduk

Post#66 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Firstly...again... THANKYOU for keeping this great game alive --> The shutdown anniversary is coming up again soon

( We will NEVER Forget or forgive...... )

I am really surprised (or perhaps not) about People whining at Devs who are doing this in their free-time... -->

Please either be patient or leave...

In the light that there is still much to do (its Alpha?), I think the game in its current state is really good !
I have recently been doing OVR in T4 and Scenarios --> Of course many things are not perfect ( the live-Server also had many bugs... ) but it is ABSOLUTELY playable imho - great Job devs !

Regarding X-reamlming:
I have toons on both sides which I enjoy playing (if I see that my current side is underdog I actually prefer this, as it makes things more interesting) - on live there was a cooldown where you could not switch sides for a certain time: I would propose (if atall possible) to implement that one can not switch for 72 hours after logging in on one side

xxxxx says something in a language you do not understand:
I find it quite funny sometimes actually on ROR if witty things are called from one side to the other during a siege - smacktalk is not cool though

Questions:
Can a cooldown be implemented to get x-realming under control ?
Will it be possible again to "not understand" what the other side is saying ?

Lastly thx again for the time and effort being put into ROR and keeping this great game alive !! - the BIG mistake "they" made was to be so arrogant and say "Thankyou for the years of Waaarrggh" ---> the Waaarrggh NEVER ends you d.. sh.. at E... A...

Cheers

Juddg

Post#67 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:06 am

From a Warhammer Live player I personally want to say thanks to you all as a TEAM for making ROR possible. I played the original from start to finish and was most "annoyed" when she closed. I loved this game as my Full Character slots defined. My Guild mates were astounded as i deleted 40/40 characters to make new. (I'm retired, so I can do as I like and I don't care what anyone says or thinks.!!) One of my friends in the US (I live well outside US soil) rang me to let me know ROR was up and about. I couldn't be happier. People, BE HAPPY, LIFE is NOT perfect nor is ROR, and neither ever will be. So play with what ya got, and help them make it better.

Meneer1234

Post#68 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:38 am

I have alot of respect to this development team. It takes time, but you guys are working on it trying to keep or make this game alive again. Even i've seen lots of bugs and sometimes it can be anying. But no doubt. i just keep playing and keep thinking this is an Alpha and i know dev is trying the best they can.

Keep the good work up guys!

Ads
OgiWanBG

Post#69 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 am

I played WAR since beta till the very end of this game.
When producers officially announced that game will be closed I felt some void in me. I was very sad because it was my first MMO and I am big fan of Warhammer.

Thank you guys, thank you very much that I am able to play this unique game again.
Yes it has flaws which I believe you will fix but that doesn't prevent me having fun and feel like good old days.

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THIS PROJECT !

Sincerely yours
Ogiwan
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

nadrian3k

Post#70 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 am

I just found out about the return of WAR today completely by accident, googling info about this game out of nostalgia. I honestly almost shed a tear when i found about this project. In my opinion this game is the biggest untapped potential in the gaming industry in years. The fact that it was lead to death by completely dumb decisions still mindblows me today.

Thank you for offering me the chance to experience this unique mmo again :)

PS. Don't you guys "legally" owe the game thing? Shouldn't u have access to some of the "Rosatta code" from the company that gave u the game?

Big thanks for the whole team and hope u don't quit as easily on this game as the parent company did.