Recent Topics

Ads

DEV DIARY (not really a). September 2016.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jebbernaut

Re: DEV DIARY (not really a). September 2016.

Post#31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:17 pm

For one, I really love a lot of the developers (and GMs) here. You guys crack me up at times and I don't mind doing awful MS paint pictures off and on in response to the populace (if you haven't seen them, ask Aza and Ryan for a link :p). Though I do have some concerns about Tier 4 Open RvR and I do understand that the game is an "Alpha". The recent lord change really helped and it was nice to actually flip a keep for the first time in a week for me.

The issues I have with Tier 4 Open RvR:
  1. NA Prime Time either turns into an "order keep defense" or "roaming a zone" because we do not have the population to turn keeps like EU Prime Time.
  2. Rewards are lackluster, but I still play it because I like Open RvR and rewards to me are "secondary" benefits.
  3. Being able to search for players "cross-realm" creates an unfair advantage for the attacking realm, because they can obviously detect when a zone is "empty" or if a zone has a particular "raid leader"
  4. I have no balance complaints outside of the obvious NB and Teefz being a major pain in the ass late night :p
  5. I wish that medallions dropped more often or Annihilator pieces dropped more often, but obviously this is needed right now to curve balance and end gear grind, (because I really want to pay 500 gold for a pair of boots :(). Even giving 1 officer medallion for a keep take would make most people happy if they didn't receive a bag.
  6. Battle Objectives have very little use outside of "stopping/stalling" a keep take. Most guilds/groups attempt to bash open the doors as quickly as possible before two BOs are lit. They just don't provide small man action and prevent people from rolling on keep bags because they were not present for the defense/take.
Suggestions for T4 oRvR:
  1. Need better rewards for playing in Tier 4- perhaps a new token system that can unlock Sovereign/Warp Forged cosmetic gear or purchasing siege weapons.
  2. Increase in Renown gains to be comparable to Scenarios
  3. Increased coin drop or item drops (greens are fine doesn't have to be set)
  4. Allow all tier medallions to drop in T4 and scale the drop rate accordingly. This will allow players to turn in 125-25-5 Recruit, Scout, Soldier medallions (for one officer medallion) for either debolstering, alts or annihilator gear.
  5. Look into promoting small groups/warbands in taking and holding BOs. Maybe the BOs make the lord easier to take down or harder to take down when the doors are open. Maybe lock lord abilities behind how many BOs are owned by the attacking realm and unlock when they are recaptured by the defending realm.
  6. BOs, if buffed to where you need at least 6+ people to take them, provide a chance (low to medium) to drop 2-3 officer medallions
  7. Population locking zones? I.E. The supply line can only hold 48 Order players in Chaos Waste but Destruction can hold 60 players. Praag only supports 48 players vs 48 players. Reikland supports 60 Order players and 48 Destruction attackers. This could create an interesting dynamic of shifting population around and seeing "elite guilds" working with the realms to promote multi-zone fights instead of a blob in one zone.
While I understand you guys do this for free and on your free time I really wish I could donate money, because there are times where I even question "Man. I'd pay subscription price" at times. You guys really are amazing for bringing this game back from the dead and holding onto the dream of WAR. I really just want to see more Tier 4 changes that make sense and make it more fun to compete/play in.

Tjarjin <Fatal> - Warrior Priest
Terrim <DPS Number Two> - White Lion

Ads
navis

Post#32 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 am

Whew.. Just barely got this post through a DDOS attack, right now...

Thanks so much for doing this and communicating with us with these letters!

Gerv
Banned

Post#33 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:07 am

thanks for the letter I think a lot of players loose track of where the team are at in terms of abilities to fix things so this is great.

It certainly clears up a lot of issues for new players who have not been apart of all the previous threads and discussion and hopefully will result in less whine threads and threads that begin with asking for X/Y to be implemented strait away or "why the hell did you do this" three hours after it is implemented.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Pixie126

Post#34 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:31 am

Thank you all for your hard work. The communication is wonderful.
I admit I haven't played recently. The long downtime and loss of guild membership (still working on getting back in if anyone is ever on), got me back playing Guild Wars 2 with my friends. I log on, see if anyone's on, want to finish the last step of the Dwarf epic quest, check chat for Tier 4 happenings, then usually just log off again. NA time is just too lonely for me right now.
I will follow the work in progress and keep trying to play. :)
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Tesq

Post#35 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 am

Well as advice what sould drop from player it should drop from player.
Lately i saw an increase of drop of anni hands and boots but in live their drop was pretty common this to secure ppl will spent currency on not dropped pieces, considering then chance with roll and ah prices the drop % should be at least doubled; also g/bags number should be increased to 4 fixed for keep take. Keep defense should always reward roll, what it should not is reward g/p bags as granted.
But there are other things you can get from bags as for exemple mats or soil (mates will be implemented in future i assume) so it does make sense from now alredy arranged loots this way.
This situation feel exatly as i told you 1 month ago you put these temp cap sets as if they were end gear but they are not. They are the base gear for rvr t4, you could have done that with conqueror but not with annihilator. Due to rank the difference from dev to anni is a bit higher so ppl feel as if they are t3 player vs t4 player.
To solve the purple /blu drop problem , respective keep bags could drop this gear so ppl would get it from keep atk/ def or pq.
If you fix the repair function you just have to create 5 bags x type for rvr and same number for pq rewards instead give you an headache and create it thousand.
Also avoid ppl botting removing rewards from normal pve mobs and add it instead to groups activity so that higher level player that want farm those itiems can output from g bag and so help lower lv player to lv up and gear both in rvr/pve

Korred

Post#36 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 am

Sorry for my bad english.

I dont know how to say, how much im grateful for your hard work on this project. Warhammer Online was my best (and sometimes worst) MMORPG gaming experience. When EA/Bioware have announced that they will kill Warhammer Online instead making it free-to-play that was a very sad day to me. I love Old World , i love MMORPG so Warhammer Online was my "dream come true" (with some major problems :D). And You have ressurected this from EA graveyard. How to say Thank You strong enough? To the whole Dev Team. Thank You!

Korred. Ex - Karak Eight Peaks. Ex - Azgal. Ex - Norn player. From the "famous" european head-start until "Fock you, Skaven is some orvr feature, not proper "third side".

Tturpa

Post#37 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 pm

"Btw, if some of you can help new comers who encounter difficulties in joining us (downloading, installation, connection), it would be very nice. Most (all?) solutions are known and I'm pretty sure most of you know them. So sometime a nice answer, a link could help a lot, create better relationship, and give us more time to focus on other problems."

You should "hire" some advisors on forum and ingame who new players could turn to for help? I don't know does the Advisor work atm ingame after checking the advisor box, I have it checked but none have yet asked me for advice in /w :P

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#38 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Tturpa wrote:"Btw, if some of you can help new comers who encounter difficulties in joining us (downloading, installation, connection), it would be very nice. Most (all?) solutions are known and I'm pretty sure most of you know them. So sometime a nice answer, a link could help a lot, create better relationship, and give us more time to focus on other problems."

You should "hire" some advisors on forum and ingame who new players could turn to for help? I don't know does the Advisor work atm ingame after checking the advisor box, I have it checked but none have yet asked me for advice in /w :P
In most cases linking them to the read or die topic or the youtube videos that I made should be enough to get them going.

Ads
jorgemarco

Post#39 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 pm

I told you before. We need class balance, we need a fair reward system, we dont need 25% in renown, and we need you listen to us. Each time i come to forums i see this project is falling to void. Obviously im not plying cause server has 0 to offer me. Changes come with decisions, and you are not assuming any risk, and now the true risk is that ppl will leave the server as we can see. Fanboys dont help you, thats why i wont say you thanks anymore cause you need to open your eyes. I said.

Luth

Post#40 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:29 pm