Recent Topics

Ads

Patch at 01:00 BST 21 September 2016

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Patch at 01:00 BST 21 September 2016

Post#1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:31 pm

I will be issuing a patch with the following changes:

[General]

- Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to log in if there was mail within their mailbox which belonged to a non-existent character and the system determined that the mail should be returned.

[Rationing]

- If a realm is outnumbered, the ration system will only affect them if they are within the radius of a friendly keep.
- EXPERIMENTAL: The ration system will now give 70% supply instead of 50% supply for having no BOs.
- The defense bonus for fighting in the closest zone to the fortress will now correctly work, and has been changed to add 30% additional supply. This means that a defender cannot be debuffed within their own zone unless they outnumber the enemy.
- Diminishing Rations will expressly indicate on the buff tooltip whether or not the debuff is as a result of outnumbering the enemy.
- The incoming damage tooltip is now shown in a grammatically incorrect fashion (Incoming damage increased to 25%, for example) because its true value was repeatedly being misinterpreted.
- The ration system now shifts more slowly when the supply value falls below 100%. This is to give the defending realm more time in which to capture a Battlefield Objective to prevent the debuff.
- EXPERIMENTAL: The effect of Diminishing Rations on incoming and outgoing damage has been halved.

Ads
Danielle

Re: Patch at 01:00 BST 21 September 2016

Post#2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:09 am

Azarael wrote: - The incoming damage tooltip is now shown in a grammatically incorrect fashion (Incoming damage increased to 25%, for example) because its true value was repeatedly being misinterpreted.
Fixed it for you so that's it's both mathematically and grammatically correct "Incoming damage increased by 25%".

Also aside from snide comments and backhanded help, I would like to genuinely thank you for these last few patches, RvR is moving somewhere good :) .
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Azarael

Post#3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:11 am

In case it was not obvious - the tooltip text is stored in the client's MYP files. The tooltip MUST be "Incoming damage increased to x%".

I hope I have not given you the impression of having a weak grasp of English at any point.

For the last part, thanks.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:16 am

Question on the rationing only affecting the outnumbered when they are in range of a keep,

Does the include all aspects of the rationing? I.e. Damage in and out? I thought that the intention was to lessen the fall back to keep strategy. Maybe put it for all BOs and keeps? Also, just a random thought since I can see camping tactics utilized to lessen rationing affects, maybe a smallish buffer around the WC for the outnumbered as well?

Thanks for the updates and quick fixes!

Edit. On rereading I think the keep issue only applies to a outnumbered side that is OVER there ration, and as such would be debuffed, not increased? Or am I wrong twice?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Azarael

Post#5 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:18 am

All that note means is that Diminishing Rations for a realm which is not outnumbered will only be applied to members who are within radius of the keep. All players on that realm continue to contribute to the rationing value. This may change, but as adjusting it is complex, I have not done so yet.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:22 am

OH! Awesome. That was just me being dumb. Thanks for clarifying.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

satanicomoderno

Post#7 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:26 am

The most stupid patch ever. This rationing gives only advantage for destro that outnumber order most of the time. So really, if you guys wanted to screw T4, you did it.
Also the keep lord is a joke. How can a side kill the lord with less than 3 wb?
Really, I apreciate the great work of team, all my respect for you guys, but remove this patch. Please. It's so much nonsense.

Dresden
Banned

Post#8 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:33 am

satanicomoderno wrote:The most stupid patch ever. This rationing gives only advantage for destro that outnumber order most of the time. So really, if you guys wanted to screw T4, you did it.
Also the keep lord is a joke. How can a side kill the lord with less than 3 wb?
Really, I apreciate the great work of team, all my respect for you guys, but remove this patch. Please. It's so much nonsense.
It's a work in progress, just give up and wait.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
Atropik

Post#9 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:32 am

#against player level power scaling

I killed lvl 37 BW today with 1 hit, these changes are awfull. Dear Devs dont force me to crossrealm, please, i dont want stay afk or log order whenever some guys cheking BO on the opposite side of the map, or another PUG wb loging into zone for their purple bags lotto.

PUG will always join the wining side, organized guild wbs will always stay their own, you hurt and grant only smallscale roam forcing us to crossrealm.

#RealmPride - is the only key.
Nicelook | Obey

Bozzax

Post#10 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:35 am

Small question wouldn't it be enough to only buff incoming damage? (drop the outgoing dmg reduction).

The effect would be similar and you could more easily track and understand the effect of DRs.

Glad you changed it to keep and reduced it.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7