Recent Topics

Ads

Patch at 01:00 BST 21 September 2016

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Re: Patch at 01:00 BST 21 September 2016

Post#11 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:19 am

satanicomoderno wrote:The most stupid patch ever. This rationing gives only advantage for destro that outnumber order most of the time. So really, if you guys wanted to screw T4, you did it.
Also the keep lord is a joke. How can a side kill the lord with less than 3 wb?
Really, I apreciate the great work of team, all my respect for you guys, but remove this patch. Please. It's so much nonsense.
Confirmed for not being able to read.
Atropik wrote:I killed lvl 37 BW today with 1 hit, these changes are awfull.
Prove it.

In order to oneshot someone assuming your highest hit is for 2.3k or so, you would need them to be taking over double damage.

In order for them to take double damage with the adjustments:

let x = realmPop/Max(maxAllowedRealmPop, 36)

2 = 1 + ((sqrt(x) - 1) / 2)

1 = (sqrt(x) - 1) / 2

2 = sqrt(x) - 1

3 = sqrt(x)

9 = x

So they had 324 players in the lake, did they? And you had less than 36? And even if this were true, you would have any problem with having double damage?

And guess what? This also assumes the zerging realm has only one BO. With two BOs? x =10.8. With all BOs? x = 16!!!

Just stop.

Ads
Waaghaa

Post#12 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:36 am

Atropik wrote:#against player level power scaling

I killed lvl 37 BW today with 1 hit, these changes are awfull. Dear Devs dont force me to crossrealm, please, i dont want stay afk or log order whenever some guys cheking BO on the opposite side of the map, or another PUG wb loging into zone for their purple bags lotto.

PUG will always join the wining side, organized guild wbs will always stay their own, you hurt and grant only smallscale roam forcing us to crossrealm.

#RealmPride - is the only key.
I have been in guilds that has requirements that you have to have characters on the opposing side, each and everytime I have learned this, I have removed myself from the guild, its way more than 1 guild that I have removed myself from, given the numbers that switch were as entire wbs vanish and suddenly the opposing side have tons of fresh troops at their disposal.

There is more than 1 reason why guild wbs dont show up in the wbs tab, one of them being that it aint open, other is that one cannot track if there is a wb active or not, meaning switching will be less obvious.
Spoiler:

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#13 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:51 am

satanicomoderno wrote:The most stupid patch ever. This rationing gives only advantage for destro that outnumber order most of the time. So really, if you guys wanted to screw T4, you did it.
Really, I apreciate the great work of team, all my respect for you guys, but remove this patch. Please. It's so much nonsense.
Stupid? No it isn't. It is a work in progress and it probably needs some improvments.( keep this sentence in mind please).

I'll tell you what is stupid. Each time (yes each time, i insist) i connect IG and i see Destros with or without AAO attacking a keep full of Orders quieltly waiting to be attacked. Wipe, try again, re wipe, abandon or Xrealm. Roles could be inverted, it would be stupid too.

Theseus

Post#14 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:52 am

Azarael wrote:
Confirmed for not being able to read.
Atropik wrote:I killed lvl 37 BW today with 1 hit, these changes are awfull.
Prove it.

In order to oneshot someone assuming your highest hit is for 2.3k or so, you would need them to be taking over double damage.

Well i doubt his numbers, but I would have problems with one shotting someone, if it would happen. There wouldnt be fun in that. But as I said, i highly doubt the possibility of that.

In order for them to take double damage with the adjustments:

let x = realmPop/Max(maxAllowedRealmPop, 36)

2 = 1 + ((sqrt(x) - 1) / 2)

1 = (sqrt(x) - 1) / 2

2 = sqrt(x) - 1

3 = sqrt(x)

9 = x

So they had 324 players in the lake, did they? And you had less than 36? And even if this were true, you would have any problem with having double damage?

And guess what? This also assumes the zerging realm has only one BO. With two BOs? x =10.8. With all BOs? x = 16!!!

Just stop.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Azarael

Post#15 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Something a lot of people don't seem to understand is stupid is allowing an uncontrolled population state in a team game. Point to a single successful game which does not implement some means of population control, either directly or indirectly. Even WAR's scenarios implement population control, and people complain heavily when they're outnumbered in a scenario. I don't understand why people think this is different for RvR.

Get it through your heads: this isn't a real war, it's a game. That game stops being fun when you can lose because the ground state of the game is not fair, i.e. the factions are not numerically balanced. That is a HUGE problem and it needs to be solved. If said solution means that solo players suffer, I don't care, because it's RvR, not 1v1. If that means that two groups trying to have an organized 6v6 in a zone, playing completely independently of the campaign, in a zone that's populated enough and active enough to be in a state where rations would apply, have their private sideshow ruined? I don't really care about that either. Macro considerations come far above micro ones.

Every measure that's taken to address it, someone complains. Mythic's fortress hard lock, the diminishing rations soft lock, the proposal to use siege weapons as anti-zerg. The only one that's ever worked for people is a three-realm game and it's not an option. Bearing in mind that I will not allow a state to exist in which a realm can win purely by virtue of numbers alone, I'm interested to hear what exactly the people coming in to complain about the solution (while not offering any advice outside of "remove it lol", which I will ignore outright) would propose to do about this.

Euan
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:10 pm

I was leading in RvR on September 19 and I spent like 4-5 hours trying to take a keep but Order was just camping their keep with equal or greater numbers. We were unsuccessful every time as they were when they attempted it. On September 20th the patch hit and Order was trying to take the keep but they were unsuccessful even with more numbers (20%aao) and we were taking 30% more damage. We were in keep and we held. We turned it around when we had equal numbers and attacked their keep but we were unable to take it. I spent 6 hours and barely rewarded. Even if we did manage to take that keep it would have been like 19k Renown for 6 hours of gameplay. That to me doesnt' seem like fair payout. I got maybe 1/10th influence, very little renown and liek 30 soldier medals and very few officer medals (maybe 5). More importantly who has that time to spend 6 hours to take 1 keep and then to fail? I was trying desperately to see the end result but finally people gave up. IMO this requires too much time and teamwork for almost a meager reward. That's my feedback. I think PvDoor was better than this, and I only PvP aside from this game. I get that it's a work in progress. This all happened in Praag yesterday and Thunder Moutain on the 19th.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Morf

Post#17 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Azarael wrote:Something a lot of people don't seem to understand is stupid is allowing an uncontrolled population state in a team game. Point to a single successful game which does not implement some means of population control, either directly or indirectly. Even WAR's scenarios implement population control, and people complain heavily when they're outnumbered in a scenario. I don't understand why people think this is different for RvR.

Get it through your heads: this isn't a real war, it's a game. That game stops being fun when you can lose because the ground state of the game is not fair, i.e. the factions are not numerically balanced. That is a HUGE problem and it needs to be solved. If said solution means that solo players suffer, I don't care, because it's RvR, not 1v1. If that means that two groups trying to have an organized 6v6 in a zone, playing completely independently of the campaign, in a zone that's populated enough and active enough to be in a state where rations would apply, have their private sideshow ruined? I don't really care about that either. Macro considerations come far above micro ones.

Every measure that's taken to address it, someone complains. Mythic's fortress hard lock, the diminishing rations soft lock, the proposal to use siege weapons as anti-zerg. The only one that's ever worked for people is a three-realm game and it's not an option. Bearing in mind that I will not allow a state to exist in which a realm can win purely by virtue of numbers alone, I'm interested to hear what exactly the people coming in to complain about the solution (while not offering any advice outside of "remove it lol", which I will ignore outright) would propose to do about this.
Az we all appreciate the work you and others put in and the time you take out to justify your implementations and explain the thinking behind them, what me and others are thinking is there are other ways to help prevent or make it more difficult for the more populated realm instead of just a flat artificial damage buff/debuff, it kinda reminds me of how heroic defender buff worked on live, you would either love it when you killed the ram or you thought it was the worse idea ever when your ram was destroyed.

I know you are very limited by what you can do due to not being able to patch the client at the moment but imho i would just wait until you can, the ideas you have mentioned in the past were very exciting and would make a difference when keep funnelling comes into play.

I played a bit yesterday (before u patched) and from what i saw my fears were correct, the more populated realm just blobbed, i thought the big picture was to split up the blob but with a debuff/buff to damage it does the opposite imo, i will play tonight and see but im very dubious about this working at all.

As for the issues you listed about numbers always winning well thats always going to be the case, if you make 10 players beat 15 players who are all as evenly skilled then you are just going to piss off the 15 players and which point you are better off changing sides and from what i saw yesterday ppl were more inclined to xrealm to avoid being penalised by there realm and sadly i am one of them.

Again we all appreciate your work and we are all testers so we shall see but i really hope you look at other ways to counter zerging because from what i can see this has not helped.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Atropik

Post#18 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Azarael wrote:Prove it.
Okay, that was literaly 1hit, my bad, it took for me 2 gcd with AA, Kiss, WB, Covenant, Frozen Touch procs. Hope, you dont need me to prove it. The main point is - even 10% inc/out damage buff/reduction is a HUGE amount, and we have a fragile balance.
Morf wrote: As for the issues you listed about numbers always winning well thats always going to be the case, if you make 10 players beat 15 players who are all as evenly skilled then you are just going to piss off the 15 players and which point you are better off changing sides and from what i saw yesterday ppl were more inclined to xrealm to avoid being penalised by there realm and sadly i am one of them.
This.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Olszewski

Post#19 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Azarael I'm sry to hear u getting alot of **** about this fix to orvr. I'm just happy I'm able to play the game i love again. Being able to play my slayer again and seeing my guild Train Wreck grow and becoming stronger every day is enough for me to log in everyday get sc groups running and orvr groups running just to go and fight destro despite all changes. I got to say I had more fun in T3 orvr before t4 was introduced and all these new changes. High pass wb vs wb was awesome (ppl didn't care about keeps at that the time).When keep attacks happened it was awesome back and forth fights for hours. Have a great day and thank you for providing ROR for me.

Akalukz

Post#20 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:44 pm

One remaining problem, in almost every zone you can get to any bo from the opposing keep before the 3 min timer is up. Maybe scale the timers with the AAO, more aao a realm has the less time it takes to lock a bo. Could also look into reducing Safe timers on BO's as well. This will force the zerg to split up.
-= Agony =-