Recent Topics

Ads

Recent rollbacks

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azarael

Recent rollbacks

Post#1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Two recent issues have necessitated the three recent rollbacks:

- An underflow bug in the medallion handler for mailing contribution reward medallions to players who were out of the region or offline.

- A bug in the relative renown rank scaler which caused a negative value, which was cast to a high positive renown value and caused instant level up and massive BO tick medallion rewards.

Both of these bugs have been fixed.

HOWEVER, I DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ALL OF THE ISSUES HAVE BEEN FIXED.

Should another issue arise, there will have to be another rollback. If you have difficulty accepting rollbacks, I strongly advise not performing any actions which have value to you during the next day or so.

Future rollbacks will affect the following elements:

- Auctions
- Renown Rank
- Gold
- Items
- Mail
- Influence
- Quest Progress

We thank you for your patience and remind you that the Return of Reckoning server is our only test environment with a significant number of players, and will occasionally be exposed to serious issues such as the recent ones.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Recent rollbacks

Post#2 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Oh sweet, you're able to exclude XP gains from future rollbacks? Good idea...

Thanks Aza.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Specialpatrol

Post#3 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

The latest rollback appears to have wiped scenario emblems as well (which personally set me back some 150ish - ouch). I assume this is because they file under either items or gold.

However, seeing as the current situation mostly seem to stem from bugs relating to RvR (if I understand it correctly), any chance that possible future rollbacks would be able to not affect emblems gained from scenarios?

It would be nice, if at least currency earned through scenarios (assuming they're not causing any buggy issues) could become unaffected by rollbacks - and scenarios thus could provide a relatively safe haven in these somewhat unstable days.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Jaycub

Post#4 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Dabbart wrote:Oh sweet, you're able to exclude XP gains from future rollbacks? Good idea...

Thanks Aza.

Any confirmation of this?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

killimandros

Post#5 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:33 pm

its already in game. Dont think any xp was lost last fix

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Oh sweet, you're able to exclude XP gains from future rollbacks? Good idea...

Thanks Aza.

Any confirmation of this?
Yes. We can target specific fields to rollback, these were mainly related to gains made via RvR. Items/RR etc.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Serbiansword

Post#7 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Thanx for the heads up, but, I have a question. Is it possible to set up a login screen message that will inform all of the players that a rollback is imminent? In that way before we even login we will be informed about the rollback.

stoney

Post#8 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:28 am

thank you for info.. and +1 for any banner with head up before we log as to avoid any future roll back. cheers.

Ads
Lindisfarne

Post#9 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:43 am

Not surprising with how much the latest patches have changed things. Appreciate all the hard work!
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Amokis

Post#10 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:47 am

thank you now that I have prevent up 35 3x and that I have lost a purple item and the result of the sale I will return as soon as the games will be stable Good luck to you to settle bugs. amokis noob before the eternal.