Recent Topics

Ads

Community Managers

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zumos2

Re: Community Managers

Post#11 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:52 pm

I understand why you want to introduce CMs to the community. The are a lot of toxic posts which dont give critism, which should be fine, but just straight out whining/complaining etc. That being said, I think the RoR staff in general should react more proffesionally, also to retards. Why waste time on those retards and make yourself look bad at the same time. I think it would be good to have forum bans seperately from game bans so it is easier to moderate the forums with a very simple tool. I dont think you need CMs for that, but if that is the solution for more proffesionalism why not. And dont get me wrong, I would probably react the same if I were in the Devs position, but it is not beneficial for the game/community/respect.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
Akalukz

Post#12 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Im fairly sure the developers will still interact in the same way with the community, just wont need to simultaneously be doing the policing at the same time, I dont think any of us want the only interactions with the devs is to read about their xbox achievements on their twitter whilst ignoring the players as WAR had.......

I really hope this is true, I understand it's not fun to be the dev and the moderator, so totally get this. But man, I realllly hope they don't stop posting their thoughts.
-= Agony =-

Azarael

Post#13 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I won't stop posting my personal thoughts, but CMs will be there as an interface between the community and the staff for more mundane issues, and I'll be leaning on moderators to enforce the rules I've previously set out so that I no longer need to intervene personally (or at least, with words) when they're violated.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#14 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:01 pm

As Aza posted its not about getting the devs off the forum, its so they dont NEED to be on the forums if they want a break from it for some time and still be able to get relevant information.

And as such I will serve as a barrier between him and stuff he and the rest of the devs might not want to deal with at that time

Dochia

Post#15 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Thanks in accepting this role. Hope you are going to make Return of Reckoning's Twitter account more useful.

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#16 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Agree with this move...its more "professional".
Good luck Natherul and Github!
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#17 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:16 pm

With this Penril and StormX2 are now added as moderators as well to help moderate (duh), if you think they overstep their boundaries contact me and I will look into it.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#18 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm

muhahahahahaha

Ads
Vrierst

Post#19 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Spoiler:
If devs stop posting, then, i don't know who is going to post anything about game developing.

As some dev wrote lately: "Stop acting as if your opinion matters when it comes to bugfixing issues".

That's the spirit. Silence and leave if you mind. We're testers whose opinions don't matter. We copied the message. I thought we want the testers to report bugs or opinions about game mechanics, RvR systems, etc. I understood we don't. Testers opinions never minded. That was our mistake. That was our pain, that was the bad feeling of time lost. Nobody cares.

What a pity, it might have been a really collaborative project where everybody were involved. But it is what it is.

With this behaviour, we can surely expect "a lot of" testers participating "soon" in the bug tracker. They are probably "excited" for helping. "Happy" of being ignored again and again because our "opinion doesn't matter". Keep the "good" work. Probably "many more" people will come to play in "our" server convinced for the "good" behaviour from the staff to the "testers". We will probably need another server migration during a whole month in order to let spots for "newcomers". And after that month, nobody is going to leave us for joining WoW expansion or battlefield, or whatever, because we are so "good", the game is so "cute", that we can puke on them and they're still playing with/for us.

Seriously, don't kill the game again.

Thanks for reading.

May Isha bless you!
User suspended for 1 day for misrepresenting the facts which were clearly stated to him, both in the other topic and in the second link in my signature - Azarael
“Vrierst Wilderin, Isha's Champion, who runs on the wind, who shines through the fog, who hides behind the flame, who pierces the evil hearts. High Elf, Shadow Warrior, the Sorrow Holder, Empire Hero, Kingdom Protector, Dwarves Friend,..."

Euan
Suspended

Post#20 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:35 pm

You sound like a reasonable guy, Natherul. As a Community Manager, could you perhaps make a video or write up a newsletter monthly on what each person is working on? If that's not too much to ask. Thanks.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.