Recent Topics

Ads

[RP & RVR EVENT] The High King versus The Warlord

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: [RP & RVR EVENT] The High King versus The Warlord

Post#121 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:15 am

Hogie wrote: - About the RP-RvR-part. Having Praag as battlefield for a Dwarf vs Orc battle including their respective allies? (Some battlefield of dwarf/Orc pairing would have been a bit more RP.)
Sadly players locked KV as we were starting the event and we contemplated on resetting the pairings but decided against it, But do note that all involved were very disappointed with that lock.

Ads
Glorian

Post#122 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:21 am

Some lads here are thanking the organizers. So I have collected here a short list of Actors and Organizers of the BEST EPIC LIVE EVENT. ;)
So you know whom you eventually thanked.

Credits:

Overal Organizing, Original Concept: Kragg (Drengk)
Scripts and Dialogs: Kragg (Drengk)
Holding Tests of the Event: Kragg (Drengk)
Directed by: Kragg (Drengk)
Props and Decorations ie. Fences, Anvil of Doom, NPC Engineers: Ryan (Gumthorr)
Public Relations: Glorian (Lesti)

Actors:
High King Thorgrimm Grudgebearer: Ryan (Gumthorr)
Prince of Karaz-a-Karak: Grandpa
The Warlord Grumlok: Natherul
Grizbag Goblin Shaman: Saupreuse

Sgt. Drengk Burloksson as himself
3rd Bitterstone Thunderers as themselves
Order as themselves
Destro as themselves
Nuclearpotato as himself with a kill Ratio of 180 to 3 #NerfMagusEngiisfine. :D

This Event was a joint venture of players and developers. No Goblins were harmed in the filming process. Well actually around 450 died at the filming, but really, who cares. And one Server passed away.

Kragg

Post#123 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:25 am

Hogie. Let me explain a few things to you. The event was born after some random Lore character involvement. The enthousiasm shown was so great that BT, who are also involved in playing Gotrek and Felix to rouse Order in the RVR lake, thought it would be a nice idea to have the High King do our promotions. Making it a server wide event followed by a big rvr battle was a decision of a later stage. Especially since Destro had no event of their own yet. In a way you were a guest at our event, and were free to leave if you didn't like it.

That being said; your other complaints are a bit off. Lag? Well, that happens with so many people play. There is no switch to turn it if, you know? Same goes for Praag. It was the area that opened up. Nothing more. I would have prefered the Chaos Wastes myself with the two massive armies clashing!

Kal has been with us over a year. Back when we weren't so strict on names,because there were so very few roleplayers on the server, he joined. He is the exception so to say. They got promoted for their commitment to our guild.

Thank you For your criticism. In many ways this was one big testcase. We have plenty of more Idea's up our sleeve. Up to you if you want to participate or not!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Hogie

Post#124 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 am

@Nath: This is just a question....isnt there a option for devs to unlock a zone? or is it only possible by server reset? If it is possible, maybe it is an idea for a similar next event.

@Kragg: My comments are based on promotion on this forum, and it wasn't mentioned there that BT would do a theater. Without disrespect to your efforts. Further, I cannot comment on how things were born. I was just giving criticism on event in itself and based on forum post(some ppl have difficulties accepting it without being offended). And I didnt want to hurt someone, my apologies if I did. And if U read my initial comment, I placed a potential way to improve things there too.

Regarding the lag, I dont think it is off, for some ppl it was unplayable. Ie., it wasnt possible to use the flightmaster for some people to get out of Praag, so doing something else was only option to enjoy the eve on server. Therefore I wrote the proposal to spread the fight over several zones to reduce the pressure on a single zone.

Glorian

Post#125 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:03 am

@Spreading the fight:
That is actually a good idea. Spikespiegel made some ideas. But most of them can't be achieved imo. You can't people tell how to behave in RvR. Like you do Cannons, you stay away from Martyrs Square.

But splitting the event could also be an idea. With two Heroes on each side the warbands could split up. One on the King one on the Prince for example.

Hogie

Post#126 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:11 am

@Lesti & spreading the fight: That was my thought to solve this, use 2 (or more) zones with Warlords/Heros, or even use a lower tier zone, to include those ppl too. Telling ppl to spread within a single zone wont help, imo, cause ppl will be drawn for the denses fighting spot.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#127 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:47 am

Hogie wrote:@Nath: This is just a question....isnt there a option for devs to unlock a zone? or is it only possible by server reset? If it is possible, maybe it is an idea for a similar next event.
Its a total reset of all campaign zones or nothing to my knowledge, so we opted against it.

Kragg

Post#128 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:13 am

Natherul wrote:
Hogie wrote:@Nath: This is just a question....isnt there a option for devs to unlock a zone? or is it only possible by server reset? If it is possible, maybe it is an idea for a similar next event.
Its a total reset of all campaign zones or nothing to my knowledge, so we opted against it.
Would have caused a lot of flak if that would had happened.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Hogie

Post#129 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:30 am

Kragg wrote:
Natherul wrote:
Would have caused a lot of flak if that would had happened.
@Nath: Pity...but nothing to be done then atm =D

@Kragg: reset happened anyway, to my knowledge due to crash. Further, Ur earlier comment to take the battle by preference to Chaos Wastes again raises the question on "RP" part in the event title when it is dwarf/orc pairing event. I play several dwarfs, and would have loved to take the dwarf homelands back =D (The argument of Nath, that it was locked is of a total different kind, and deciding against reset is also a reasonable choice, as was the choice to stay in Praag after crash)

emegale

Post#130 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:37 am

It would be great if you staged such events every weekend, as x2 is renown, experience, receipt of medals etc, it would attract more people