Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary - February 2017

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tossma

Re: Dev Diary - February 2017

Post#121 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Thank you was awesome read great things a coming. Couple questions is the new armor going to have new look and any way to preview it? Are there going to be more bags added to keep takes?
Again awesome work here love the lore love the game cant wait on patcher to see what tricks you have up your sleeves.

Ads
Karl

Post#122 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Love it, love you, thx all for your effort to make this game great!

Pumatouch

Post#123 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:24 pm

So you're saying I get to be the underdog all over again? Looking forward to it someday.
The work is fantastic, you know you are Gods in your field :) Words fail. Thank you so much.
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

porkstar

Post#124 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Thank you for all the time and energy you are all putting into this game. All your work has made me so happy and for others as well I'm sure. CHEERS!
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Bobbiom

Post#125 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Fantastic work!

DokB

Post#126 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Will officer medallions/emblems also be wiped when this update drops?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Hargrim
Developer

Post#127 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:10 pm

DokB wrote:Will officer medallions/emblems also be wiped when this update drops?
No up conversion - no need to wipe.

DokB

Post#128 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Thanks, I figured as much.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Danielle

Post#129 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:30 am

Great job, good to hear about all the new gear and a great summary of all the effort going into the project!
wargrimnir wrote: Renown Mastery
Objectives that we have in changing the system will be to address power creep, in particular the backend advantages of a free mastery point every 10 RR’s.
So these mastery points are just going away? That seems like something of a shame since there are many cool specs that require the additional RRs. Maybe make it possible to buy spec points for renown? Maybe have +2 in a specific tree on stronger tiered gear instead? More horizontal progression that way since there are 3 different trees to spec into!
wargrimnir wrote: Not a full wipe, but we will be taking a swing at renown ranks.
That's the disappointing part. Let's be honest it's pretty much a wipe. It takes 3-4 days of hardcore play under good conditions to get from 40 to 50; It takes a comparable amount of effort to get from 60 to 62. But I am sure those people who are 70+ will feel great about having 47-48. They earned those 3 days of renown over the last 6 months. So with that cute graph later in the thread it basically means people who invested a lot of time into the same characters are f*****d. I don't understand if you don't understand, but I am surprised people who's characters are getting wiped aren't more mad. The 'signals' in the last thread were that renown wipes just for the sake of slowing power creep wouldn't happen. I know because I started that conversation, so don't try me. I just don't get it. Why does it have to be 'signals'? Why can't you just say: Renown will be wiped! People enjoy leveling characters up, because those characters stay leveled up. So for instance those who enjoy the process of leveling would have been much better of leveling alts than focusing on one character. I took a clue last time and didn't repeat my mistake, but pretty pretty please could you be more transparentabout the fact that high renown rank character wipes will be coming in the future? Or just set a renown cap? Like I literally do not mind at all that wipes are a fact of life on an alpha server. I accept it. But why should players play under the illusion they are gaining something when it's not going to get wiped because of a bug or anything else but simple 'power creep'? I promise I will actually do the math for you guys, but I will just give you an estimate here. When renown gets reset to 40-50 in 2 weeks a gap will appear again between more hardcore players and casual players. The more hardcore players will be reaching RR70-80 by the middle of July. So are we having another wipe in the middle of July? Is it going to be to RR50 or RR60 this time? Should people who care about character progression (Yes this game is an RPG) be leveling alts or not? I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt, because I like this project and think that you didn't expect things to go this way and that this was some sudden decision, but please! Like you know this stuff is predictable.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Haojin

Post#130 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:39 am

Me and my guild won't mind any kind of wipe if the server go straight in a good way, it's annoying yes, but we'll be fine in the future.

But i must agree Dani's points about getting +1 more mastery points every 10 level.

Spoiler:
Bobbiom wrote:Fantastic work!
I have a surprise for you Tyrshand which you won't like.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn