Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary - February 2017

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Balthasar

Re: Dev Diary - February 2017

Post#171 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Great work, much appreciated.

Eagerly awaiting the new renown structure and hoping for the end of RD/CW/QE.

Please attempt to give us visibility of any changes to the mastery tables and points accrual method for feedback purposes.

As mentioned some classes shine with the additional MP that 50/60 etc provide whilst others have their main tools at 40/40.
Balthaser (BW)
Grimgarl (SL)/Lovesyou (RP)/Baltha (IB)
Starlion (WL)
Kalathor (CH)

Ads
Krima

Post#172 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Objectives that we have in changing the system will be to address power creep, in particular the backend advantages of a free mastery point every 10 RR’s.
RIP...the build ive been using for so long http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=we; ... :;0:0:0:0:

WEs already on the bottom chart, taking mastery points away...its just sad... I dont see that build working without the extra mastery points.

BOOO
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#173 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Literally nothing has happened yet, nor was anything described how it would be resolved in the future. The next psychic time-traveler that whines about something that hasn't been changed is getting moderated.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

peterthepan3

Post#174 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 pm

The wrath of heroes stuff has gotten me really excited. Despite what people thought about it, I actually kinda enjoyed it, and found some of the maps perfect for a lolelitist showdown. Some of the abilities were epic, too, so the vid posted of the Sorc ability gives me the feels.

Marsares

Post#175 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Literally nothing has happened yet, nor was anything described how it would be resolved in the future. The next psychic time-traveler that whines about something that hasn't been changed is getting moderated.
This. Honestly, they stated that they would look at a mastery point every 10RR as they want to prevent power creep. At no point did they say that people will get fewer mastery points, or how they will handle it. People need to take a breather and calm down.

These guys took the game from nothing to what it is now and basically resurrected it. They know what they are doing, they know that a certain amount of mastery points are needed for build diversity. Give them time.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

CzarRedwall

Post#176 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:06 pm

WAAAGH! TIME? I DEMANDZ IT NOW!

gimmegimmegimmegimmegimme

/s

theoddone

Post#177 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:39 pm

I have been wondering how the old renown point system will be implemented in regards to crit?
Because on live with the old system you needed to be rr70 to get full crit. Whereas now you need to be rr45. If you need to be rr70 for full crit, the renown power creep will actually be worse than the current system. Unless the importance of crit is changed.
-Theo

roadkillrobin

Post#178 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:57 pm

The RR bonus mastery points could be set at rank 10, 20, 30, 40 instead. That would reduce the Mastery power creep in t4 significantly.

Ads
Glorian

Post#179 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:13 am

wargrimnir wrote:Literally nothing has happened yet, nor was anything described how it would be resolved in the future. The next psychic time-traveler that whines about something that hasn't been changed is getting moderated.
Lads read what wargrimnir has written!
There arent ANY details on the implementation yet.

Preddan

Post#180 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:30 pm

awsome