Recent Topics

Ads

Medallion/Emblem Potion Wipe

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Medallion/Emblem Potion Wipe

Post#1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 am

During the previous patch, for a period of 12 hours or so, an exploit was live regarding duplication of emblems and medallions. Several accounts took it upon themselves to either abuse this exploit, or take advantage of the fact that others had abused it and loaded up their guild banks. The most excessive abusers have been banned for the week, and their accounts will be wiped.

Do not abuse exploits on this server. Please. I really don't like having to wipe out hard work, it sucks.

Downtime will persist for a little while as I clean out player inventories and guild banks of all potions purchasable by Medallions or Emblems. This is the price the rest of the server has to pay for such foolishness. Also, these potions will now be Bind on Pickup, and have a sell price of 0. I cannot stress enough how this sort of abuse can affect our community. It doesn't have to be like this.

Luckily, the extent of the damage is limited to rather expendable potions, I don't expect to hear any complaints about losing them. As in, do not complain about losing them.

- Note, only stacks of 20 were affected.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
OddSean

Re: Renown Potion Wipe

Post#2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 am

Thank you, grim.

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 am

So we cant mail renown pots to our other chars anymore? But thanks for clearing these exploiters.
Last edited by Stickzy on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waimaori

Post#4 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:56 am

well done mate

Tesq

Post#5 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:00 am

renown potions? did i miss some new itiem in patchnote?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 am

Tesq wrote:renown potions? did i miss some new itiem in patchnote?
The potions purchasable with Emblems and Medallions, I'll clarify in the OP.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dabbart

Re: Medallion/Emblem Potion Wipe

Post#7 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:19 am

Well. Sucks you gotta waste your time chasing that crap down. Why exploit, and waste, a perfectly good opportunity at a manticore?

And for the record, all those baggies of herb in The Damned's Vault are, A. Legal in california, and B. Belong to Stinky...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Koryu199X

Post#8 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:23 am

Really, these players exploiting issues within the game should not come as a surprise. I think really something needs to be done. The educationalist in me says to have a restorative discussion with these players why it is inappropriate to exploit. But I feel that would fall on deaf ears so I feel there may be no choice but a more punitive measure to be dealt out.

Ads
Danielle

Post#9 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:08 am

wargrimnir wrote: - Note, only stacks of 20 were affected.
I was wondering why I still had some of my pots then I realized this. Nice way to try and filter to the duped pots only.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:18 am

Woah, well I was anyway down to 16 I think.

Anyway, reminds me of live-days. All the pro players with their pro guilds full of duped pots.