Recent Topics

Ads

Adblock message

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kok

Re: Adblock message

Post#21 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:06 am

So Does clicking on the Ads help?
I always wanted to know how to earn $8000 in one day, but I don't want anyone to see I click on it.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#22 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 am

Just an idea , but I notice that many players do not read forum because they don't speak English very well. That why I started to translate every patchnote in French after talking with my guild mate .

I think all staff announcement / patch should be translated (by your language moderator ?) in every language possible in a spoiler at the end of announcement /patchnote . Player would understand it better , and probably more would disabled their adblockers and visit forum at least to reach patchnote.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Dwanex

Post#23 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:28 am

Some Pizza deliviering advertisement...

Man I need top stop ordering pizza all the time :P

DaScoub

Post#24 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:11 am

Natherul wrote:What grim said, I get mostly MMO related ads. But it should be noted what Das meant with intrusive is ads that flash, take up more space, take over / pop up, flashing, plays sounds and so on. Those ads pay more but are a pita and generally only incurs wrath from users (and rightly so)
That's typically what i meant.

We don't use ads popups, flashing or with sound (unless you enable it). For those having strange ads, we are not responsible of that. Adsense uses your historical to purpose ads. You can let them disabled if it's annoying for you. You'll only receive a message once a week (for the moment at least).

The main aim of the message is clearly to remind people who aren't aware of blocking ads on our website. I use adblock, and usually disable it everywhere, but sometimes, when i visit a website full of intrusive ads, i enable it. We can't always remember to disable it once finished browing. :)

We'll let you know in a few days if ads revenue came back to normal. But be sure NOT TO click if you're not interessted by ads ! Only click if it's relevant for you.

greenboy

Post#25 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:56 am

I don't even remember when i disabled ublock 4 ror site, but i still see no ads O_o...

https://ibb.co/daCXy5
https://ibb.co/ebAwQk
Spoiler:
Orcs. Too stupid to die.

Jildaz

Post#26 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:59 am

I ''ll deactivate ADblock, For the realm !
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Luth

Post#27 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 am

greenboy wrote:I don't even remember when i disabled ublock 4 ror site, but i still see no ads O_o...

https://ibb.co/daCXy5
https://ibb.co/ebAwQk
Maybe "noscript" or "ghostery" addons installed?

greenboy

Post#28 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

Luth wrote: Maybe "noscript" or "ghostery" addons installed?
Figured it out - it was turned off history (and cookies - as a result). No problem - i'll just use separate browser 2 visit ror)
Spoiler:
Orcs. Too stupid to die.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#29 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:22 pm

alusnova wrote:Mind if I ask how I disable adblock for this website? I'm using Firefox

Click the adblock icon and select "disable blocking on returnofreckoning.com". It'll gray out meaning ads are now allowed :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

zegreiart

Post#30 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:37 pm

I've whitelisted this since since the day I found it. I love this game too much.