Recent Topics

Ads

Adblock message

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Adblock message

Post#41 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:42 am

Dabbart wrote:So, something that I just noticed... Maybe place an add on the Forum page? I happen to have RoR bookmarked at the forum main page, so I can easily see new posts. I only ever go to the Home/who's online page if I want to check the online numbers... Maybe I am not the only one who bypasses the Home page? Cause if you only use the Forum section, you get no ads..
Its on the main forum page as well, just below the forum activity part on the right hand side (where you can see the recent topics))

Ads
Dabbart

Post#42 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:47 am

I blame lack of sleep... Yea, when there are no new topics there is no ad. My bad. bedtime now...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

ringobloodthedestro

Post#43 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:58 am

I dont have an adblocker, but if i did, i would be more then willing to disable it for this site, hands down. :D

Flamers

Post#44 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm

The adds on the site are fine and completely acceptable.

Just white-list ror page on the adblocker, maybe some people are confused and think they have to >disable< their addon on their browser and that will result in adds on all other pages they visit, i also think that some people don't even know how to white-list only one site w/o completely disabling their addon. If that's the case maybe a post-guide on how to allow a specific webpage to display adds on the most popular browsers/extensions might help.

Apart from that, there should be a plenty of people who after creating their account, downloading game etc. wont log in forums for days maybe weeks, if that's the other case maybe a small reminder (where announcements pop ) when we log in game ( or a loading screen perhaps ) simply informing : "please visit our webpage and forums for latest news and thank you for your support" something like that.

: )

DaScoub

Post#45 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:21 pm

If people don't understand that whitelist something is different of disable, i can't do anything for them :). Moreover, a lot of players are IT friendly.

I'm quite sure most of them will be able to search of google yahoo bing or whatever how to whitelist something in their plugin. And moreover, there are plenty of plugins to block ads. I wouldn't have to make a page for all of them :P

l3ugjuice

Post#46 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Disabled.

But I'm happy to donate to the cause too, if ya'll have a way to do that. I'll donate a lot more if you get a tax ID number and I can write it off =D
Order: Werk, or Wirk, or Werke, or Wirkette
Destro: Werk, or Wirk, or Werke, or Werkette

you get the idea...Werk.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#47 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 pm

l3ugjuice wrote:Disabled.

But I'm happy to donate to the cause too, if ya'll have a way to do that. I'll donate a lot more if you get a tax ID number and I can write it off =D
No donations. Ad's only.

Bloodcultist

Post#48 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 am

This is the only place I will openly have ads. you guys have revived my childhood game and I have nothing but great things to say about both your server and your team. Coming back from your very early stages before T4 was even finished I can 100% tell you I have seen tons of great progress in this server and I will be nothing but supportive.

-Wuulfgar

Ads
charliebeatz

Post#49 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Disabled!!

LrdRahl

Post#50 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Just joined back when I heard about all the updates, disabled for you guys. Keep up the good work!