Recent Topics

Ads

Adblock message

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kali14
Banned

Re: Adblock message

Post#31 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Ok nevermind, I think it's turn off now..

Thanks.
Last edited by Kali14 on Mon May 08, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Tolfhic

Post#32 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:03 pm

I've had the site whitelisted since the first request, but I'll make double sure it's working.
<As If> & <Last Night in Sweden>
Mains: Chariot SM (7X), Tolfhic WH (Badlands: 94)
Alts: Dokdisrespect DoK, Mspe WP, Bleeped Chosen
He's a WH fleeing from fights with this rotation; Flee, AP pot then stealth

Quincent

Post#33 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:50 pm

I never realized the site uses ads (sadly I had the adblock enabled by default). I'm glad you guys brought it to our attention.
Consider it whitelisted.

banned85

Post#34 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:59 pm

never saw any ad on ror site / forum and im not using any adblocker, just simple firerfox

DaScoub

Post#35 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 pm

banned85 wrote:never saw any ad on ror site / forum and im not using any adblocker, just simple firerfox
There is no ads in topics in the forum, only on forum home, and every other page (website home, who's online, armory and about).

DAM

Post#36 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:38 am

Check the website in Ghostery extension as Trust, this extension is used to block web trackers and may interfere on these ads. Cheers!

corgri

Post#37 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:25 am

Disabled AdBlock some time ago but I wasn't aware Ghostery still blocked all Ads, fixed that now. :oops:

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#38 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:27 pm

I love the support for the project in these 2 threads, I think most people have an adblocker installed but then forget about it more or less.

On a sidenote I use Adguard and have it disabled but I still get the once a week message even though I see the ads, its a minor issue but still :D

Ads
Gnash

Post#39 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:51 pm

Hey team,
please pardon me if this is redundant, or just plain stupid:
I use a privacy app called Blur. It blocks 'trackers'. I've not received any messages from you, but I don't want to assume anything, and wholeheartedly want to support RoR any way I can. Does Blur (Abine, Inc.) affect ads showing up? I have no other adblocker(s) of any kind. Sometimes I see ads, sometimes I don't. Could Chrome Browser block ads if I inadvertently turned something like that on? I've never, to my recollection, even downloaded an adblocker.

I searched this post for "Blur" and "tracker blocker(s)" but came up empty.

Thank you so much for your continued endeavors in and for this project. What else can one do to further your goals? I try to post links on facebook and google+ at least once a week to RoR home page and YouTube videos. Let me know!
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Dabbart

Post#40 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:39 am

So, something that I just noticed... Maybe place an add on the Forum page? I happen to have RoR bookmarked at the forum main page, so I can easily see new posts. I only ever go to the Home/who's online page if I want to check the online numbers... Maybe I am not the only one who bypasses the Home page? Cause if you only use the Forum section, you get no ads..
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.