Recent Topics

Ads

Balance Discussion forums are now Open

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xanderous

Re: Balance Discussion forums are now Open

Post#51 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:06 pm

Foltestik wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Foltestik wrote:ranged knockdown

need i say more ...

:D
What does that have to do with renown abilities?
a lot Resolut defence
Please provide more information.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#52 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:09 pm

Foltestik wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Foltestik wrote:ranged knockdown

need i say more ...

:D
What does that have to do with renown abilities?
a lot Resolut defence
I indeed think about a balance proposal regarding knockdown, but don´t fulfilI the requirements yet (40/40 in targeted class) and would like to know if "but, but resolute defence" would be a valid counterargument. I don´t intend to start a forum war with side is favored through renown abilities.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Kalell

Post#53 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:14 pm

xanderous wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Cleansing wind + quick escape + Run away tactic

Need i say more.....
Punce, Fetch, Ensnare, Champions Challenge, StopDropandRoll, Eye Shot

Need I say more...
You could try staying on topic, we were talking about renown abilities and how they are advantageous to one particular side, with no means to counter.....

We could list order vs destruction abilities till the cows come come but would serve little to no purpose accept to derail the current topic which is under discussion.
Great idea. Lets return to the question, before this derailing post.
I have not seen an argument using renown abilities in the balance forums. And I don't think these would hold much value, since renown abilities are situational, require investment to be useful and are meant as clutch counter.
There is no ability that gets nullified by them, thus it would be hard to use them a argument. But if you do find a way, I think it will be considered.

Panzerkasper

Post#54 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Spoiler:
xanderous wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
xanderous wrote:

Need i say more.....
Punce, Fetch, Ensnare, Champions Challenge, StopDropandRoll, Eye Shot

Need I say more...
You could try staying on topic, we were talking about renown abilities and how they are advantageous to one particular side, with no means to counter.....

We could list order vs destruction abilities till the cows come come but would serve little to no purpose accept to derail the current topic which is under discussion.
So obviously you still dont get it. It doesn't favour one side. Order has shitloads of abilitys to counter kiting, this has nothing to do with CW or RD.
There are no counters to RD or CW, on no side. Especially RD is gamebreaking and nothing more! It is in fact simple as that.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Aurandilaz

Post#55 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:42 pm

The counter to RD is to wait until it is over... if you using addons like Buffhead, you can see when it ends. Then, bang, CC.
And what would be the counter to CW? Just reapply them DoTs/debuffs, it's basically an extra healpot, if you think that instead of losing 3-6k health to some DoTs, your CW/pot prevents early death and allows you to survive a bit longer. Just another "death prolonger", and considering how RDPS are very potent and in a good position in T4 to farm their daily kills, I don't think CW is causing any sort of massive imbalance, it's merely another expensive tool to survive some ranged dot/debuff rotation.
QE1 requires you to hit the target, so maybe you don't want to hit the target and give them free run procs; maybe you want to CC the target? Often one snare is enough to counter QE. Both sides have shittons of snares, and both sides have access to QE, so how is it causing imbalances?

As for why people insist on using RD so much, it's because one side has a massive abundance of CC compared to the other; namely Order ranged knockdowns. Now, if Order did not have ranged knockdowns, maybe half of Destro would not be using RD in the first place. ;)

xanderous

Post#56 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:53 pm

Not here to start a flame war just point out some hypocrisies....

Renown ability + Renown ability + Racial tactic = stacking

Once these things proc, good luck catching anything.

To address @Panzerkasper

Pounce and fetch- already been nerfed, that bear has been poked enough

Champions challenge - all tanks have champions challenge so not sure what your point is regarding that, i would add that chosen can use it much quicker thanks to bugged morale gains.

Ensnare - marauder gets the same ability, only instead its an AOE

StopDropandRoll and eyeshot - I'll admit those are good abilities but in a perfect scenario resolute defense throws their knockdowns out the window.

I'm not here to comment on all the standalone abilities both sides have, i was commenting on the specifics of the renown abilities stacking with certain classes.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

Panzerkasper

Post#57 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:15 pm

xanderous wrote:Not here to start a flame war just point out some hypocrisies....

Renown ability + Renown ability + Racial tactic = stacking

Once these things proc, good luck catching anything.

To address @Panzerkasper

Pounce and fetch- already been nerfed, that bear has been poked enough

Champions challenge - all tanks have champions challenge so not sure what your point is regarding that, i would add that chosen can use it much quicker thanks to bugged morale gains.

Ensnare - marauder gets the same ability, only instead its an AOE

StopDropandRoll and eyeshot - I'll admit those are good abilities but in a perfect scenario resolute defense throws their knockdowns out the window.

I'm not here to comment on all the standalone abilities both sides have, i was commenting on the specifics of the renown abilities stacking with certain classes.
Pounce has not been nerfed it has finally brought back in line, beacause the old one with no cooldown made kiting completly irrelevant and was as gamebreaking as RD is. No point in that. Also I dont see any nerf in fetch, it works as it should.

Champions Challenge is one of the strongest and most easy accessible ways of a kite cunter, thats why i brought it up. And since it is a morale 1 its uptime is very good on every tank. Has nothing to do with the whine about that completly overrated morele tactic.

Ensare=Flames of Fate, no aoe, just single target, 10s duration. Done.

RD throws every knockdown out of the window, but do you know whats so good about SDnR and Eye shot? ITS F*****G RANGED!

I think we both agree that RD is a bs ability this game doesnt need, but your arguments on the one sided benefits are just bs aswell. Sorry to say.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Foltestik

Post#58 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:15 pm

try to play destro in T4 oRvR try to kite, then you will see

Ads
k1o3
Banned

Post#59 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:19 pm

Am I like the only one who thinks the game is fine? Like what game has everyone played where it was balanced any better than this because I'd like to check it out lol ;p
- notkaspr <denail>

xanderous

Post#60 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:58 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
Pounce has not been nerfed it has finally brought back in line, beacause the old one with no cooldown made kiting completly irrelevant and was as gamebreaking as RD is. No point in that. Also I dont see any nerf in fetch, it works as it should.

Champions Challenge is one of the strongest and most easy accessible ways of a kite cunter, thats why i brought it up. And since it is a morale 1 its uptime is very good on every tank. Has nothing to do with the whine about that completly overrated morele tactic.

Ensare=Flames of Fate, no aoe, just single target, 10s duration. Done.

RD throws every knockdown out of the window, but do you know whats so good about SDnR and Eye shot? ITS F*****G RANGED!

I think we both agree that RD is a bs ability this game doesnt need, but your arguments on the one sided benefits are just bs aswell. Sorry to say.
You see this is why i don't want to get into a flame war regarding standalone abilities, i don't know enough about all the classes, i am commenting on what i can see to be advantageous stacking when it comes to renown abilites, just because order have some good abilities does not negate my point, its the equivalent to saying "well your house is more on fire than mine"