Recent Topics

Ads

Balance Discussion forums are now Open

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
boog

Re: Balance Discussion forums are now Open

Post#21 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:06 am

I know the balance forum requires someone to have an account with a character of r40/rr40 minimum. I thought an addition of must have the class they are discussing amendments to of r40/rr40. Just a thought.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Ads
Dabbart

Post#22 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 am

Just because you don't have that toon rr40 on this server doesn't mean you have nothing to add to the discussion. One should however state if they haven't ever played the class being discussed.

We should all be forced to use spoiler tags when quoting walls of text however... I hate scrolling through the same wall of text 10 times...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

boog

Post#23 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:32 am

Dabbart wrote:Just because you don't have that toon rr40 on this server doesn't mean you have nothing to add to the discussion. One should however state if they haven't ever played the class being discussed.

We should all be forced to use spoiler tags when quoting walls of text however... I hate scrolling through the same wall of text 10 times...
I should have specified. I did not mean you could not add into the discussion without having a toon of that caliber. I meant being the creator of a post asking to implement changes to that class. So for example I having multiple rr40 + toons, none of which are WL, should not be able to create a topic asking to implement changes to WL because I do not have a rr40 WL toon, however, i could chime in on the conversation.

I do agree with the spoiler tag! +1
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

navis

Post#24 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Thank you Gerv and Dev's. I am glad Gerv has taken lead here as I support him and have noticed he has great communication skills and has less tendency to revert to cynicism or condescending responses to questions, regardless of the crap some players do post.
I think he is going to do a great job.

Oh, and a final note - I have noticed that it helps greatly for devs to lay down as precise as possible specific feedback which is required for the problems/questions at hand.

thank you

Aurandilaz

Post#25 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 pm

boog wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Just because you don't have that toon rr40 on this server doesn't mean you have nothing to add to the discussion. One should however state if they haven't ever played the class being discussed.

I should have specified. I did not mean you could not add into the discussion without having a toon of that caliber. I meant being the creator of a post asking to implement changes to that class. So for example I having multiple rr40 + toons, none of which are WL, should not be able to create a topic asking to implement changes to WL because I do not have a rr40 WL toon, however, i could chime in on the conversation.

On the other hand, how many r40 White Lions are opening threads where they suggest possible nerfs to their currently very much overpowered class?
In the meanwhile imbalances will continue and people will keep either rerolling, avoiding T4 RvR or just decreasing their playhours because "barely performing in competitive 6v6 fotm boisband scene" WLs will keep destroying less fotm classes.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
boog wrote:

On the other hand, how many r40 White Lions are opening threads where they suggest possible nerfs to their currently very much overpowered class?
In the meanwhile imbalances will continue and people will keep either rerolling, avoiding T4 RvR or just decreasing their playhours because "barely performing in competitive 6v6 fotm boisband scene" WLs will keep destroying less fotm classes.

Why is it that noone from a competitive environment seems to see the imbalances you purport to exist re the WL? I know Sacrx lot are always the first to report bugs/feedback on overperforming classes. It had a few changes recently (pack assault I believe).

Aurandilaz

Post#27 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
boog wrote:

Why is it that noone from a competitive environment seems to see the imbalances you purport to exist re the WL? I know Sacrx lot are always the first to report bugs/feedback on overperforming classes. It had a few changes recently (pack assault I believe).
Have you considered that most Destro that do not play in double-mara-double-chosen 6man fotm boisband have zero incentive to even bother with 6v6 on other weaker classes because of how ridiculously OP WL is?
How many "competitive boisbands" are there even left in this game at this point, and how many of them do not run with a WL?

Good luck finding any WL to defend their class here; their best way to maintain current status quo is to keep total radio silence regarding the class on these forums.

Both mara and WL deserve to be hit by the nerfbat; before that happens there is little reason to run "competitive 6man boisband" on any other class if you plan on winning.

Tankbeardz

Post#28 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:21 am

K if I get moderated by making a joke with a friend...I think you should get moderated here. If you have a problem, make a proposal.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:08 am

WL have had a couple stealth nerfs across the past couple of patches. Fairly significant adjustments that went unannounced, largely because they were bugfixes to things people hadn't reported. The fact the same whine persists alludes to the issue that it is one of perception, and not reality.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

altharion1
Banned

Post#30 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 am

Aurandilaz wrote:
boog wrote:

Isn't it time this guy got a forum ban for constant **** posting?

"WLs will keep destroying less fotm classes" The problem is that you only see the game from one scale. 1v1/small scale. WLs can be nerfed when bombing sorcs are nerfed, because WL cant compete with them at WB scale...

You wouldn't jump a full avoidance HP regen BG, so dont mess with a WL that is specifically speced to dominate in 1v1/small scale.

There is always going to be a top dog at different encounter sizes. You cant nerf an entire class because it excels at one particular scale without considering what it would do to a class at the other encounter sizes.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids