Balance Discussion forums are now Open

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Druin
Former Staff

Re: Balance Discussion forums are now Open

Post#11 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:24 am

Aurandilaz wrote:So any chance of getting WL nerfed? Or would any evidence be swept aside as usual based on the victim "having l2p issues" or not deserving to survive the 3 sec KD?
We're working on a pet for Marauder.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#12 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am

"We're working on a pet for Marauder.[/quote]

You speaking serious?? i have event chaoshound still, even he gave some small trouble when activated.
it wiil be sweet to have one small goblar, snotling or skaven...but no panda,noooo way :D .

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#13 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:00 am

Aurandilaz wrote:So any chance of getting WL nerfed? Or would any evidence be swept aside as usual based on the victim "having l2p issues" or not deserving to survive the 3 sec KD?
that's why i prefer see BD closed.
Hope this time we can all work together

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

Krima

Post#14 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 pm

just wow....1 week after chosen CS nerf they open the boards??? seems biased to me..whatever

- Why not wait 1 week and moved "CS changes" to discussion ?
- Why not balance the tactic itself instead of destroying it? it reduces dmg by 75%, why not 80 - 85 % ?
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Kalell

Post#15 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Krima wrote:just wow....1 week after chosen CS nerf they open the boards??? seems biased to me..whatever

- Why not wait 1 week and moved "CS changes" to discussion ?
- Why not balance the tactic itself instead of destroying it? it reduces dmg by 75%, why not 80 - 85 % ?
If I understood the comments correctly the process was/is:
  1. Oh **** it's broken!
  2. Remove the most broken part instead of disabling it completely.
  3. Find a way to get it not to stack with challenge/ taunt/ guard, since it's currently not feasible.
  4. ....
  5. No profit, not even jokingly.
And:
  1. Yey, we have somebody to read walls of mostly useless, overpowered dreams, to filter it for some actually useful ideas.
  2. Open balance forums.
So I guess they already decided how to handle this bug, and don't want your input. And the balance board has little or nothing to do with this.

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:34 pm

How is cs broken? A good chosen can maintain the debuff on several enemies simultaneously; just requires more thought as opposed to hurrr aoe 75% dmg

Tamarlan

Post#17 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Next to ban appeal threads balance threads have the highest potential for entertainment. Open the balance forum is like openening Pandora's box. Good luck Gerv
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

xanderous

Post#18 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:17 pm

I am looking forward to seeing what people can propose, just guys please don't turn it into a never ending series of orver vs destruction hate thread, come up with solutions, not problems and as a little bit of advice you catch more bears with honey or is it bees, either way honey is great, what was i talking about again.....
Spoiler:
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Kali14
Banned

Post#19 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Maybe I could join because have few good ideas only don't know does my English is enought good and there is too many rules...(OMG!)

My ideas are good the most for pug and don't know does this is not against rulezzzzzzzz.......

Also haven't none 40/40 toon but removed maybe 7 characters between 45-57 RR.

Grolar

Post#20 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 pm

First, thanks for opening this discussion. Its a loaded topic with many opinions and I'm sure many will dislike mine as much I would theirs.

So here it goes.

To begin with, we all should know by now that Warhammer Online isn't the standard MMO class system. It has severe hybrid class issues making them harder to balance. By hybrid I mean that many classes in WAR pull abilities from each other to make different classes instead of being pure classes such as the Choppa and Slayer or Bright Wizard and Sorcerer ( some don't think their class are a hybrid, but they are ). So if there is a plan to start balancing classes this will need to be addressed and that will ultimately put a knot in many players panties.

My suggestion is to begin looking at using a Rock, Paper, Scissors approach to classes a bit more than it currently is.

Example; melee dps kill healers, healers kill tanks, tanks kill melee dps, and range dps kill melee dps. Obviously this is not exact, and only applies to solo combat, but its a starting template and should work fine if scaled up in large scale combat.

With the classes being as hybrid as they are this will be where the difficulty in balancing them will show up... besides finding the lines of code buried deep in Mount Doom. Perhaps tweaking class renown abilities combined or class armor stats to overwrite the built in class imbalances across the board could be an easier start to making an RPS system of classes stronger than their counterparts as well.

100% parry should never be a thing.

If these are too difficult to implement, maybe just roll back the server to last year and forget the new changes.

6 man groups should only be a problem in scearios, taking BO's and back dooring in postern's as a dps group. Nothing more.

My two cents for now.
Last edited by Grolar on Thu May 18, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?