Balance Discussion forums are now Open

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Eigar
Banned

Re: Balance Discussion forums are now Open

Post#31 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:24 am

Sadly we have gone from a forum that was mainly used by above average skilled players to a forum where people like th3gatekeeper/freshour/aurandilaz/dresden frequently post their never-ending walls of bullshit. Another aspect RoR has degenerated in.

Ads
Arteker616

Post#32 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 am

altharion1 wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
boog wrote:
I should have specified. I did not mean you could not add into the discussion without having a toon of that caliber. I meant being the creator of a post asking to implement changes to that class. So for example I having multiple rr40 + toons, none of which are WL, should not be able to create a topic asking to implement changes to WL because I do not have a rr40 WL toon, however, i could chime in on the conversation.

I do agree with the spoiler tag! +1
On the other hand, how many r40 White Lions are opening threads where they suggest possible nerfs to their currently very much overpowered class?
In the meanwhile imbalances will continue and people will keep either rerolling, avoiding T4 RvR or just decreasing their playhours because "barely performing in competitive 6v6 fotm boisband scene" WLs will keep destroying less fotm classes.
Isn't it time this guy got a forum ban for constant **** posting?

"WLs will keep destroying less fotm classes" The problem is that you only see the game from one scale. 1v1/small scale. WLs can be nerfed when bombing sorcs are nerfed, because WL cant compete with them at WB scale...

You wouldn't jump a full avoidance HP regen BG, so dont mess with a WL that is specifically speced to dominate in 1v1/small scale.

There is always going to be a top dog at different encounter sizes. You cant nerf an entire class because it excels at one particular scale without considering what it would do to a class at the other encounter sizes.
It allready happened. see the SH nerf .

altharion1
Banned

Post#33 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Eigar wrote:Sadly we have gone from a forum that was mainly used by above average skilled players to a forum where people like th3gatekeeper/freshour/aurandilaz/dresden frequently post their never-ending walls of bullshit. Another aspect RoR has degenerated in.
Too right.

Say one controversial thing, troll someone or use a banned word = insta forum ban

Post never-ending walls of bullshit, derail countless threads, never post anything constructive and repeat the same mindless rubbish over and over and over = totally fine.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Dajciekrwi

Post#34 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:27 pm

About balance:
Pressure to play as organised partys/wb IS TOO HARD. Individuality of players on this stage means nothing,sometimes i feel like no matter in naked or max geared, i am just nameless ant in ants army. No matters you play as chaotic Destro or defender of Order , just all time stand behind line, march forward , march back.
Why play game, who do not allows me to daydream to be a anarchistic badass as chosen, mara ?
It must be a many ways to reach victory, many way to surprise enemy, not just bigger anthill eats smaller anthill.
Philosophy of rivalry between both sides must be changed , not one or two classes.

xanderous

Post#35 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Dajciekrwi wrote:About balance:
Pressure to play as organised partys/wb IS TOO HARD. Individuality of players on this stage means nothing,sometimes i feel like no matter in naked or max geared, i am just nameless ant in ants army. No matters you play as chaotic Destro or defender of Order , just all time stand behind line, march forward , march back.
Why play game, who do not allows me to daydream to be a anarchistic badass as chosen, mara ?
It must be a many ways to reach victory, many way to surprise enemy, not just bigger anthill eats smaller anthill.
Philosophy of rivalry between both sides must be changed , not one or two classes.
Did you really come here to argue a case as to why an army is more powerful than an individual?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Dabbart

Post#36 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Speaking of Derailment...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#37 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 pm

altharion1 wrote:
Eigar wrote:Sadly we have gone from a forum that was mainly used by above average skilled players to a forum where people like th3gatekeeper/freshour/aurandilaz/dresden frequently post their never-ending walls of bullshit. Another aspect RoR has degenerated in.
Too right.

Say one controversial thing, troll someone or use a banned word = insta forum ban

Post never-ending walls of bullshit, derail countless threads, never post anything constructive and repeat the same mindless rubbish over and over and over = totally fine.
I would advise you not to misrepresent the actions taken by moderators on the site. There are exceedingly few "insta forum bans", as most people simply accumulate warnings for violating our rules.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:
On the other hand, how many r40 White Lions are opening threads where they suggest possible nerfs to their currently very much overpowered class?
In the meanwhile imbalances will continue and people will keep either rerolling, avoiding T4 RvR or just decreasing their playhours because "barely performing in competitive 6v6 fotm boisband scene" WLs will keep destroying less fotm classes.

Why is it that noone from a competitive environment seems to see the imbalances you purport to exist re the WL? I know Sacrx lot are always the first to report bugs/feedback on overperforming classes. It had a few changes recently (pack assault I believe).
Have you considered that most Destro that do not play in double-mara-double-chosen 6man fotm boisband have zero incentive to even bother with 6v6 on other weaker classes because of how ridiculously OP WL is?
How many "competitive boisbands" are there even left in this game at this point, and how many of them do not run with a WL?
actually the premade with most success thus far versus Legion of Boom's destro premade is deep n dry's slayer/sw comp. Wl versus shaman = 2 targets to lifetap from.

Competitive boybands? Only about 4: the vast majority are pug farmers, so that doesn't really count when talking about the Wl's performance in competitive guild v guild fights.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#39 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 am

I may also point out that the shittalking about certain members of out community is not really ok, continue down this path and actions may be taken on your accounts.

Feraeveus

Post#40 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Careers - Chosen
- Crippling Strikes now functions off critical damage from single target attacks only.
Veri GJ
Srsly most retarded thing i see on this forum