Recent Topics

Ads

Renown Compression - Cancelled

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
machopi1

Re: Renown Compression - Cancelled

Post#21 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:54 am

Renown compression? What exactly was that?

Ads
Collateral

Post#22 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:09 pm

machopi1 wrote:Renown compression? What exactly was that?
The idea was to reduce the RR of all players to 42-43 when the new system got implemented.

Acidic

Post#23 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
wildboy789 wrote:Just an idea... u could temporarily compress the lvl, then switch them back? And give the lower lvls a % of their gain
Like, just give you free stuff? What a concept... hmm... yes....
Would it be easier to go with "just give me alone the free stuff "?
Could cope with this line of thinking

Goryak

Post#24 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:17 am

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote:This is no longer planned. Feel free to level to your hearts content in the upcoming event, and onward.

We will return to our previous stance that wipes/rollbacks will occur only when a significant exploit has been uncovered and it is warranted. Any adjustments to the renown system can be done without affecting players accumulated progress.

But why?

The concept of compression versus a hard wipe seemed to be the most suitable method to preserve progress. At the time, the powers that be saw this as an acceptable compromise for significantly updating the renown system. The tangible benefits after much discussion have faded into distant memory, and it no longer appears to be necessary. I would expect most of the community will take this as good news.

We will find other ways to gain insights into the systems when they are changed than forcing everyone who has rightfully earned their progress back down to ranks they have not seen in months.
Tamarlan wrote:So no wipe planned anymore. Got it. Does it also include the slower gain rate at rr40?
Wargri, what about what that guy said. Do you plan on removing the minus RP gain after RR40?
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

hacbjr

Post#25 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Goryak wrote:
Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote:This is no longer planned. Feel free to level to your hearts content in the upcoming event, and onward.

We will return to our previous stance that wipes/rollbacks will occur only when a significant exploit has been uncovered and it is warranted. Any adjustments to the renown system can be done without affecting players accumulated progress.

But why?

The concept of compression versus a hard wipe seemed to be the most suitable method to preserve progress. At the time, the powers that be saw this as an acceptable compromise for significantly updating the renown system. The tangible benefits after much discussion have faded into distant memory, and it no longer appears to be necessary. I would expect most of the community will take this as good news.

We will find other ways to gain insights into the systems when they are changed than forcing everyone who has rightfully earned their progress back down to ranks they have not seen in months.
Tamarlan wrote:So no wipe planned anymore. Got it. Does it also include the slower gain rate at rr40?
Wargri, what about what that guy said. Do you plan on removing the minus RP gain after RR40?
that would be nice :o

Martok

Post#26 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:35 pm

In response to the OP good news, thanks, and keep up the good work.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Darosh
Banned

Post#27 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Good news in general, however have you by chance thought about decoupling the additional mastery points from the renown system?
Considering that renown as such grants plenty of opportunity to perceive progression via plain stats, it might be just fine opening up the mastery venue - especially with the balance forums reopened, more data in regards to specs and trait placement could prevent premature changes which might have a completly diffrent impact on high rr specs compared to low rr specs.

As is balance with the current system; mastery points tied to renown, in place comes down to alot of subsets - without even formats and community/population condition taken into account, that is.

Especially in combination with the latter things are bound to get messy, imho.

E: Words and stuff.

Drocneab

Post#28 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Sacrx wrote:
Fixed it for ya ;)
Sacrx the WP from Karak-Norn RG? Realm Beancord was playing in KF? Is that you? bloody hell... :?
You were annoying one to kill, we needed a warband to do it. :lol:

Ads
HissiCNesS

Post#29 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 am

hacbjr wrote:
Goryak wrote:
Spoiler:

But why?

Minus rp gain after rr40?! What does that mean exactly?! Can someone clarify please?! I just hit rr41 and am looking forward to 43 to get my gear complete but this sounds like it would take forever?! Cheers guys!!
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

hacbjr

Post#30 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:50 am

HissiCNesS wrote:
hacbjr wrote:
Goryak wrote:
Spoiler:

Minus rp gain after rr40?! What does that mean exactly?! Can someone clarify please?! I just hit rr41 and am looking forward to 43 to get my gear complete but this sounds like it would take forever?! Cheers guys!!
Back in the day they nerfed the amount of rp's that you get when you reach rr40 ( someone feel free to correct me) iirc you gain 75% of the renown after rr40