Recent Topics

Ads

Renown Compression - Cancelled

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Krima

Re: Renown Compression - Cancelled

Post#11 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Finaly!!! that rumor hurted my guildmates alot.. many quit the game just because of rr compression anouncement..sad.
Basicaly the best strategy its to stick with ex "dont ever wipe rr if no exploit or major bug happened"...wiping rr out of nothing just because some nolifers got rr 80 in a few weeks out of nothing its not a good idea.

]
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:11 pm

k1o3 wrote:
War would you mind taking a glance at my post please;3 I know this is already set in stone just something for the future
Uh, sure. I read it. Guess I don't really agree that T4 is that difficult for a newly leveled player. Ruin and Beastlord are decent sets for a fresh player. We're not going down the hardcore path of removing progression, it's still an MMO. We will however stunt the effectiveness of future sets so we never reach the insane levels of power that were Sov/DF/WF.

Are you going to be strong in Sov? Absolutely. Are you going to be an unkillable pug stomping murder machine? Ehhhhhhhhh...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Iacobus666

Post#13 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:12 pm

k1o3 wrote:I'm sure many players would be thrilled about this, but as a new NA player, and considering the grind, I'm slightly disappointed in regards to the invisible wall this perpetuates.

While I agree progress in MMO's is important in some ways, most if not all high quality MMOs have went as far as absolute normalization - that pvp is about skill, let the dragon slayers have their scaling.

Like I said, I get it, and I see the benefits for people who have invested time, but for someone like me all this means is that I have X amount of time to play 'competitively' on a remotely equal playing field.

So, at this rate, i guess ill hopefully make a name for myself in a few months -.-

Either way, glad you guys put so much thought in your decisions. Not complaining necessarily, just offering a perspective.
You're missing the main point of WAR compared to most other MMOs (EVE Online springs to mind here as another exception) that individual gear and even skill matters much less as fights get bigger; what matters is skilled leadership and discipline. In most MMOs, fights turn into a series of 1vX engagements spread over a larger area if there are more players, whereas in WAR, keeping together so mass damage and healing can be achieved trumps anything small groups could accomplish.

If you wish to be competitive, level to 40, grind Ruin/Beastlord gear for a good all round set of bonuses and survivability, then join an organized guild. You'll be more competitive in an organized warband than a disorganized warband full of players with the top gear and high reknown rank.
PHALANX

Rank 40s:
Krumpguts - Black Orc
Corpsegrinda - Choppa

Karl

Post#14 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:13 pm

This is truly great news! and thx for keeping the game alive!

k1o3
Banned

Post#15 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Fair enough - I appreciate the responses (both war and iaco).
- notkaspr <denail>

Aethilmar

Post#16 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Iacobus666 wrote:
k1o3 wrote:I'm sure many players would be thrilled about this, but as a new NA player, and considering the grind, I'm slightly disappointed in regards to the invisible wall this perpetuates.

While I agree progress in MMO's is important in some ways, most if not all high quality MMOs have went as far as absolute normalization - that pvp is about skill, let the dragon slayers have their scaling.

Like I said, I get it, and I see the benefits for people who have invested time, but for someone like me all this means is that I have X amount of time to play 'competitively' on a remotely equal playing field.

So, at this rate, i guess ill hopefully make a name for myself in a few months -.-

Either way, glad you guys put so much thought in your decisions. Not complaining necessarily, just offering a perspective.
You're missing the main point of WAR compared to most other MMOs (EVE Online springs to mind here as another exception) that individual gear and even skill matters much less as fights get bigger; what matters is skilled leadership and discipline. In most MMOs, fights turn into a series of 1vX engagements spread over a larger area if there are more players, whereas in WAR, keeping together so mass damage and healing can be achieved trumps anything small groups could accomplish.

If you wish to be competitive, level to 40, grind Ruin/Beastlord gear for a good all round set of bonuses and survivability, then join an organized guild. You'll be more competitive in an organized warband than a disorganized warband full of players with the top gear and high reknown rank.
Man...where can I buy some of those rose colored glasses?

What matters in large scale fights is survivability. You know helps with survivability, gear and renown rank and not just helps a little but a lot. You can get significant boosts to dodge, disrupt and parry and/or block with your 40 renown ranks. Now once you have maxed that out you can start focusing on offensive attributes using your "leftover" 20-30 renown points (if you are high RR). And a war band of those folks (e.g. Phalanx) will devastate a WB of RR 30-40s even in the same gear and even with the same levels of discipline.

I'm okay with them leaving the progression as it was in the original game but don't kid yourself or anyone else who plays this. High RR players tend to group together (b/c they play all the time...birds of a feather). You get enough of them together and it is an insurmountable advantage no matter how disciplined or organized the other side is. The only thing that tips it in that case is unequal numbers....just like in EVE, GW2 (which has a much flatter WvW progression than this game) and every other "progression" based open world game I've ever played.

You can be happy about them not making the changes but at least be honest about it.

wildboy789

Post#17 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Just an idea... u could temporarily compress the lvl, then switch them back? And give the lower lvls a % of their gain

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm

wildboy789 wrote:Just an idea... u could temporarily compress the lvl, then switch them back? And give the lower lvls a % of their gain
Like, just give you free stuff? What a concept... hmm... yes....
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Syko

Post#19 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Aeth is right. The ones who have already achieved high rr and did so under earlier and more lucrative awards systems, group together and present a formidable force hard to challenge. This, coupled with the current piddling rr rewards for everything but zone locks, puts the ones trying to climb the ladder at a significant disadvantage.

Put some reasonable rr rewards back into the mix for things like taking and locking a bo.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Syko wrote:Aeth is right. The ones who have already achieved high rr and did so under earlier and more lucrative awards systems, group together and present a formidable force hard to challenge. This, coupled with the current piddling rr rewards for everything but zone locks, puts the ones trying to climb the ladder at a significant disadvantage.

Put some reasonable rr rewards back into the mix for things like taking and locking a bo.
Kill people with a group, get rewards.
When you split everything by 24 you earn much less.
Dying is no option.