Recent Topics

Ads

Live Event [T1] : Battle Of Heroes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Live Event [T1] : Battle Of Heroes

Post#41 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:09 pm

xanderous wrote:What is the point of getting the pocket item, seriously why remove the stat?
Real answer, put stats on a pocket item when no other pocket item has stats at all, and it is now the BiS pocket item which means everyone is required to get it to stay competitive. Thus, pocket items are only allowed stats during events, until some point that we decide to put stats on all the pocket items. Which thinking about it briefly interests me a little bit.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Glorian

Post#42 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:25 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
xanderous wrote:What is the point of getting the pocket item, seriously why remove the stat?
Real answer, put stats on a pocket item when no other pocket item has stats at all, and it is now the BiS pocket item which means everyone is required to get it to stay competitive. Thus, pocket items are only allowed stats during events, until some point that we decide to put stats on all the pocket items. Which thinking about it briefly interests me a little bit.
Ah, I'm already a step further.
If you wear the trinket and are a dwarf you get +5% Crit.
See? Totally easy. ;)

xanderous

Post#43 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:13 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
I'll just have to remember next time to ask in advance about any other event items you might have for the future that will be adopting this model to avoid wasting my time, thanks.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

xanderous

Post#44 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Would also like to point out this event just highlight how broken shamans and squig herders are in T1, small parties of them is pretty much all i am seeing atm, which are single highhandedly locking zones.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

Sulorie

Post#45 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:25 pm

xanderous wrote:Would also like to point out this event just highlight how broken shamans and squig herders are in T1, small parties of them is pretty much all i am seeing atm, which are single highhandedly locking zones.
Like small groups of AM and SW?
Stop to solo and builds groups and deal with them.
Dying is no option.

Thelen

Post#46 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:41 pm

T1 is always terrible for solo players because of the twinked out AM/SH/Sham/SWs. In T1 they have all their escape tools like AoE roots and snares, and melee don't get anti-snare/root skills til t2. Thats why you see so many AM and Shaman running around, T1 is easy mode for them. Nothing to do with the event, thats how it always is.

Thats said, T1 has been a blast. Created a mara named Revile and have been running around with groups and WBs fighting for zones. The new mechanic makes strategy pretty interesting. We had pretty even numbers in elf (even had AAO for a bit), but Order decided to rotate as a full 24 WB a not hold BOs at all, so they would always win fights as the Destro WB was spread out trying to hold onto the BOs for lock. Ultimately I told my WB to ignore BOs and just fight WB vs WB until order started to leave zone which seemed to be what ultimately happened.

Im interested to see what the "meta" evolves into for even-ish numbers. You certainly need help from solo players to hold BOs while organized groups try to take out the opposing sides BOs.

xanderous

Post#47 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Sulorie wrote:
xanderous wrote:Would also like to point out this event just highlight how broken shamans and squig herders are in T1, small parties of them is pretty much all i am seeing atm, which are single highhandedly locking zones.
AM's and Sw's don't get the epic goblin run away tactic, making them the perfect gankers in t1 because they can get in and out of a fight easily and don't even get me started on "whazzat beind you" tactic either lol

Bklopptah

Post#48 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:37 pm

xanderous wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
AM's and Sw's don't get the epic goblin run away tactic, making them the perfect gankers in t1 because they can get in and out of a fight easily and don't even get me started on "whazzat beind you" tactic either lol
If you want to derail this thread from a nice Event to a shaman whine, you should do it proper and inform yourself.
Thunderer Lidija - 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Ads
xanderous

Post#49 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Spoiler:
Bklopptah wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Sulorie wrote: Like small groups of AM and SW?
If you want to derail this thread from a nice Event to a shaman whine, you should do it proper and inform yourself.
No derailment intended, just responding to comments directed at me.

Tenhi

Post#50 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:05 pm

So when can we expect the fix for the Dark Elf Killquest? Should I let my lvl40 char debolsterd or go back to T4 because it will take some time?