Recent Topics

Ads

Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
normanis

Re: Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

Post#11 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:31 pm

i didnt get there will be new quests for beastlord? or lair boses will be counted for beastlord quests. also maby wargrimm think beastlord is easy to get. so he will make it harder. i didnt realy understand. btw 1st april is bypassed so he talk serious
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#12 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:32 pm

@Alfinnete:
Couple things.

First, the beast lord set isn't some wild improvement over annihilator, check the stats. Therefore you argument of anni vs BL is inaccurate. Second, can you show me some metrics on the suppsosed population decline? Because I don't know about you but I play during NA hours, arguably one of the slower periods of any given day, and we've seen a lot more action recently. So either this argument is also misinformed or you're willfully spreading misinformation in an attempt to get your way. Spoiler: that won't work.

The fact is, BL wasn't terribly hard to get compared to other t4 sets and most people who wanted it now have it and are simply no longer running those lairs. It's nothing to do with population.

Aurandilaz

Post#13 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:37 pm

I think the approach is somewhat odd.
Players decide they will go for the PvE set, so they prepare for PvE session.
But you insist that the PvE session should include PvP.
Those who tolerate this, either had a class that benefits from BL set, and did complete them relatively fast during first weeks or so. Classes that benefited relatively less from BL, simply decided that the PvE/PvP sessions for the BL was not worth it.
Obviously most of those who really wanted the BL set gained them during the first month, and by the time the demand decreased, so did the chance of PvP on relatively empty lairs that are located in the middle of nowhere most of time.

WAR was always a PvP game, the only few hours players spent doing PvE was so that it could somehow aid them in PvP.
I enjoyed grinding ToVL back on live, but the Beastlord bosses here... let's say I really have done my best to avoid encounters with them.

However the choice to let current players keep their BL gear and make impossible for new T4 players or alts to gain them, ehh, might cause some imbalances. Especially when BL jewel is pretty good to have for many chars, as is the cloak.

Ravai

Post#14 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 pm

You cant expect people to agree with this move though wargrimnir, support most of the changes you guys make here as any fix/buff/nerf makes the game more interesting even if it doesn't go as planned ;)

However, your basicly removing the best in slot cloak+jewel+pocket for pretty much all classes for any new players to obtain during your down period or people to make alts to keep themselves interested. These arn't appearence items, they are gamechanging sets which enable noticible boosts in power especially on classes utilising weaponskill (not forgetting the huge amount of wounds that the cloak provides).

What about increasing the spawntimers for all the bosses instead during the interim period instead of removing the quests completely?
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

th3gatekeeper

Post#15 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Ravai wrote:You cant expect people to agree with this move though wargrimnir, support most of the changes you guys make here as any fix/buff/nerf makes the game more interesting even if it doesn't go as planned ;)

However, your basicly removing the best in slot cloak+jewel+pocket for pretty much all classes for any new players to obtain during your down period or people to make alts to keep themselves interested. These arn't appearence items, they are gamechanging sets which enable noticible boosts in power especially on classes utilising weaponskill (not forgetting the huge amount of wounds that the cloak provides).

What about increasing the spawntimers for all the bosses instead during the interim period instead of removing the quests completely?
I thought about this as well. Increasing the spawn timers, and (IMO) adding a "respawn timer" OR looking at something such as only having the respawn for that BL boss when that zone is the active RVR zone. Some alternative solutions maybe. Or even something like "The BL boss only spawns when the zone locks" so basically RVR comes first - which then spawns the BL boss which then turns into a massive point of contention to fight over/for... But... this is the direction they thought was simpler to implement - create a backlog, then release the backlog.

Gotta balance the "dev time" aspect of this. I suppose its easier to disable, than make changes, which lets them focus on other more important long term things (like client control).

CegeePegee wrote:@Alfinnete:
Couple things.

First, the beast lord set isn't some wild improvement over annihilator, check the stats. Therefore you argument of anni vs BL is inaccurate. Second, can you show me some metrics on the suppsosed population decline? Because I don't know about you but I play during NA hours, arguably one of the slower periods of any given day, and we've seen a lot more action recently. So either this argument is also misinformed or you're willfully spreading misinformation in an attempt to get your way. Spoiler: that won't work.

The fact is, BL wasn't terribly hard to get compared to other t4 sets and most people who wanted it now have it and are simply no longer running those lairs. It's nothing to do with population.
To add to this, we now have 5:1 currency exchange (down) so you can take your currency and more easily buy Merc/Anni gear than you could before. So that makes the "gear gap" much smaller - for those that are willing to play T4 games (SCs or RVR).

I mean heck, 1 win = 6 emblems which = (at 5:1) 30 emblems for Merc gear. So you can get this reasonable fast.. Or am I wrong there ?
Last edited by th3gatekeeper on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Alfinnete wrote:I fully understand it and would like it not to go back to a discussion.

What I do not understand is if it worked better when the server was more busy, how could it improve if what it seems is that the server every day loses more players, even in the summer? Help pick up the set pieces.

However, I notice that it is really unbalanced players recent T4 with anihilator VS BL or Conquerer.

I do not Dev, I do not know what I'm talking about, I'm just a player and that does not make any difference.
I don't understand what you're doing with the strawman attacks against unrelated, and rather subjective issues. The server population is fluid, like any game. Content creates spikes, people meeting their long term goals causes bleeding. If there isn't much to attain long-term, the bleeding deepens. Is there discontent in new players joining T4 over the imbalance of top tier vs fresh R40 players? Certainly nothing compared to the mess that Live was. Or maybe that's indicative of the MMO landscape these days, if people can't have an easy free-for-all farm fest, then why bother?

Alas, these "problems" are subjective. Real perhaps, a matter of perspective perhaps. My guild is drying up and all my friends are leaving. New players discover the game every day, many of them stick around. We have to work both ends of the experience, and keep things evolving. Was anyone really expecting the BL quest to be a permanent staple on the path to gear? There are so many lair bosses out there to be utilized, it would be a shame to let the concept rot on the vine. The quests being closed off is temporary, and serves the purpose outlined in the OP. Build up a base of players that need the gear, then open the quest lines with a new experience/bosses at the other end.

Yes, players will keep the gear they have. Yes, the current gear will be gated away from players that do not have it. There will be other gear introduced too, we try to keep a steady supply of carrots in the game, things to do, events to participate it, but it certainly doesn't make it easy to be criticized every step of the way when we give explanations for WHY we're doing things. In some respects, I would rather give no explanation at all and let people wonder if the quests being closed down was some sort of weird bug. However, I care slightly more than that.

I don't expect players to be happy about it, per se. But I do expect players to understand why it's happening, since I've taken the time to explain it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tamarlan

Post#17 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Cannot understand how you can think that this is a good idea. The ones who have it do not care anymore and the ones who dont have it yet are pissed. Strange decision.

I read your post but failed to find any arguments that this is indeed a good idea.
Last edited by Tamarlan on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Tamarlan wrote:Cannot understand how you can think that this is a good idea. The ones who have it do not care anymore and the ones who dont have it yet are pissed. Strange decision.
Read.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Tamarlan

Post#19 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Tamarlan wrote:Cannot understand how you can think that this is a good idea. The ones who have it do not care anymore and the ones who dont have it yet are pissed. Strange decision.
Read.
I did
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

madcuzbadder

Post#20 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Spoiler:
Interesting way to announce you are closing the server.

Had fun everyone, see you in the next one!
Mind your manners.
Old war: Badlands:Petless, Tovltovltovl, Defensiverift and many others.
Stylin' on you / Exo / War Monkeys