Recent Topics

Ads

Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

Post#1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Hunting season is coming to an end, but it will re-open after the summer passes.

The Beastlord hunting experience was best during the initial weeks when PvP was frequent at the lairs, as it's now mainly being farmed for loot, we're going to close it down and let a backlog of characters needing that step of gear to build up to the point the lairs will be strongly contested again. This will also give us some time to go and perhaps uncover new Beasts to be hunted, and different quest-lines that unlock the same gear.

The existing lairs will stay as they are, with the bosses retaining their abilities for players to test their might and skill. They will also stay flagged as RvR. While the rewards of the Beastlord Set may not exist, the spirit of contesting lair bosses will be around for the long run.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Re: Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

Post#2 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:01 pm

I must have misunderstood. You mean Set Beastlord? Will it be disabled for anyone who does not already have it? If that's it, I'm 100% against it.

I must be very much mistaken.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Just the quests are being disabled. Anyone with the gear already will keep it, would make much sense if we pulled all that stuff back would it?

Aurandilaz

Post#4 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Oh snap, I may have postponed my acquisition of BL gear too far. :D
Then again the gear was always quite awful for the WE class.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#5 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Just the quests are being disabled. Anyone with the gear already will keep it, would make much sense if we pulled all that stuff back would it?
It does not make sense is the new players can not equip themselves with it, thus being more farm for the already equipped?

I really do not see any sense in this, I'm sorry but it does not seem like anything clever to take the BL.

wiscel

Post#6 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Argh still need that DW kill on my Squigherder
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Alfinnete wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Just the quests are being disabled. Anyone with the gear already will keep it, would make much sense if we pulled all that stuff back would it?
It does not make sense is the new players can not equip themselves with it, thus being more farm for the already equipped?

I really do not see any sense in this, I'm sorry but it does not seem like anything clever to take the BL.
You could read the post, where the reasons are described. I'm not sure we need to hold your hand through this difficult process.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#8 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:19 pm

I fully understand it and would like it not to go back to a discussion.

What I do not understand is if it worked better when the server was more busy, how could it improve if what it seems is that the server every day loses more players, even in the summer? Help pick up the set pieces.

However, I notice that it is really unbalanced players recent T4 with anihilator VS BL or Conquerer.

I do not Dev, I do not know what I'm talking about, I'm just a player and that does not make any difference.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Ehhhh wait?
You gonna allow some players to have exclusive gear that's not avilible for others?

stmarrow

Post#10 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Wrote a lengthier reply, but forum ate it.

In a nutshell: if you want to bring back PvP to the Beastlord hunt, couldn't you just limit the bosses' spawn to EU prime time weekends?