Recent Topics

Ads

Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alfinnete
Banned

Re: Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

Post#21 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:20 pm

CegeePegee wrote:@Alfinnete:
Couple things.

First, the beast lord set isn't some wild improvement over annihilator, check the stats. Therefore you argument of anni vs BL is inaccurate. Second, can you show me some metrics on the suppsosed population decline? Because I don't know about you but I play during NA hours, arguably one of the slower periods of any given day, and we've seen a lot more action recently. So either this argument is also misinformed or you're willfully spreading misinformation in an attempt to get your way. Spoiler: that won't work.

The fact is, BL wasn't terribly hard to get compared to other t4 sets and most people who wanted it now have it and are simply no longer running those lairs. It's nothing to do with population.
If it did not make a difference it would just be an aesthetic one!

Ads
Arconnn

Post#22 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:23 pm

BL is mandatory on some classes / specs.
To deny newer players would be putting them at a great disadvantage (raising a huge balancing concern in pvp) to people that do own the BL set.
We know you know this, you've explained the reasons why you are doing it, but I'm sure you can see the ramifications in doing this.

It'll be fun to see new players reactions to the idea they can't access non-cosmetic gear that is mandatory to compete in PvP.
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

wwright72

Post#23 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Hunting season is coming to an end, but it will re-open after the summer passes.
Am I correct in assuming that the quest will come back within a few months? If so than there is not much cause for fuss.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Arconnn wrote:BL is mandatory on some classes / specs.
To deny newer players would be putting them at a great disadvantage (raising a huge balancing concern in pvp) to people that do own the BL set.
We know you know this, you've explained the reasons why you are doing it, but I'm sure you can see the ramifications in doing this.

It'll be fun to see new players reactions to the idea they can't access non-cosmetic gear that is mandatory to compete in PvP.
We will continue to introduce gear...? Beastlord is not the only set at that powerlevel, it just happens to be the easiest to attain when it's not contested. From most accounts it wasn't even a good set when it was released because too much weaponskill and WS is the worst stat. Perhaps my dementia is setting in...
wwright72 wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Hunting season is coming to an end, but it will re-open after the summer passes.
Am I correct in assuming that the quest will come back within a few months? If so than there is not much cause for fuss.
This is correct.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Morf

Post#25 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:29 pm

Slightly puzzling why this decision has been made, i read the reasoning however this isnt thaquils incursion type pve where its a dps race to see which side can out dps the other, after all you aint killing the bl bosses and at the same time killing the other players, you can only kill them when there are no enemies present so its always been a pve kill.

I done most the bl bosses on my black orc a week or 2 ago and had a good few fights against order groups so it still happens ofc not as often as it did the first few weeks of them coming out.

Lastly and this is even more puzzling, bl set for dps classes is bis, check any geared dps, dps tank or dps healer on the armory and you will see this is the case, so any player who hasnt alrdy got atleast 3 piece bl is going to be at a disadvantage, this is very concerning and i would question the actual reason for this change because the reasons mentioned make no sense, is there another reason why ? if so im sure ppl would be willing to accept it rather then the reason we have been told.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Darosh
Banned

Post#26 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:29 pm

Uh, I just have one question in regards to the specifics:

Will you kill off the questline entirely for the time being, or will it be possible to do and turn in the quest if the players still have them in their logs? - It might alleviate some of the backlash and yet not interfere with your initial plans; it'd still be gated for new players or atleast require proper community interaction (sharing and stuff, if thats an option - as in: if you even consider this approach to begin with).

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Darosh wrote:Uh, I just have one question in regards to the specifics:

Will you kill off the questline entirely for the time being, or will it be possible to do and turn in the quest if the players still have them in their logs? - It might alleviate some of the backlash and yet not interfere with your initial plans; it'd still be gated for new players or atleast require proper community interaction (sharing and stuff, if thats an option - as in: if you even consider this approach to begin with).
I think the implementation will simply disable the quest from being handed out from the quest giver, but I'm not 100% sure.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Morf

Post#28 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:31 pm

wargrimnir wrote: it just happens to be the easiest to attain when it's not contested. From most accounts it wasn't even a good set when it was released because too much weaponskill and WS is the worst stat. Perhaps my dementia is setting in...
That isnt really true, i wiped numerous times in pug groups doing bl and many a time ppl gave up.

As for ws seriously ? ws worse stat ? now im even more confused.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Post#29 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:31 pm

I do not want to be intolerant but most seem unsatisfied with your idea.
I also do not want to be unfair in saying that the live died after ignoring the community.

Darosh
Banned

Post#30 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Darosh wrote:Uh, I just have one question in regards to the specifics:

I think the implementation will simply disable the quest from being handed out from the quest giver, but I'm not 100% sure.
I see, thank you for your reply.