Recent Topics

Ads

Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jbz

Re: Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

Post#41 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Thank you for the reply wargrimnir. I don't want to make more work for you guys there is still more important things to be worked on.

My last comment is that it is only hurting the newer player base coming in by removing beast lord and creating a gear gap that isn't needed(for some classes). If I were to be a new player and I found out I couldn't get the baseline gear that most people were rocking I would be deterred rather than excited to play the game which is the opposite of what we want for the server.

Ads
Krima

Post#42 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:05 pm

CegeePegee wrote:@Alfinnete:
Couple things.

First, the beast lord set isn't some wild improvement over annihilator, check the stats. Therefore you argument of anni vs BL is inaccurate. Second, can you show me some metrics on the suppsosed population decline? Because I don't know about you but I play during NA hours, arguably one of the slower periods of any given day, and we've seen a lot more action recently. So either this argument is also misinformed or you're willfully spreading misinformation in an attempt to get your way. Spoiler: that won't work.

The fact is, BL wasn't terribly hard to get compared to other t4 sets and most people who wanted it now have it and are simply no longer running those lairs. It's nothing to do with population.
BL > annih by far simple because you can slot cape + ring + pocket and have massive bonuses...it is some wild improvement.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#43 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:07 pm

I think it's an exaggeration to say that "most" T4 players are sporting BL. It's not even a viable set on any of my lvl 40s. I do a lot of gear inspecting and I do not often see much BL other than for very specific specs or to fill in pieces while working toward a different set. It is by no means a required set and for a lot classes and specs it's nowhere near BiS.

Anddyy

Post#44 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Hunting season is coming to an end, but it will re-open after the summer passes.

The Beastlord hunting experience was best during the initial weeks when PvP was frequent at the lairs, as it's now mainly being farmed for loot, we're going to close it down and let a backlog of characters needing that step of gear to build up to the point the lairs will be strongly contested again. This will also give us some time to go and perhaps uncover new Beasts to be hunted, and different quest-lines that unlock the same gear.
You mentioned new gear, but we still don't even know the stats or set bonuses of that gear. And unless those stats and bonuses are comparable to BL, I think there are legitimate concerns that we'll be left with a considerable gear gap between haves/have nots.

I'd also like to suggest that this is sort of the natural progression of loot drops in games like this. At some point, new gear becomes farmable. It happens in every MMO. Creating an artificial bottleneck to prevent players from getting good gear after so many others have gotten that very same gear will do more harm than good.

I understand the reasoning you offered, but Beastlord was really never a great PvP area in the first place. The vast majority of the fighting at those lairs is little more than glorified ganking/griefing. Beastlord right now is an investment players make in order to be better equipped for what most of us consider to be the real draw of the game: PvP in RvR/scens. Making it unavailable to us without a viable alternative leaves us fighting considerably uneven fights.

roadkillrobin

Post#45 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:14 pm

It's the 2-3 peice bonus that can be combined with other sets that makes it vallueble. The whole set is pretty mediocre but combininhg two or tree sets makes it possible for classes to get stats so they can spend those resources on other stuff.

Arteker616

Post#46 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 pm

CegeePegee wrote:I think it's an exaggeration to say that "most" T4 players are sporting BL. It's not even a viable set on any of my lvl 40s. I do a lot of gear inspecting and I do not often see much BL other than for very specific specs or to fill in pieces while working toward a different set. It is by no means a required set and for a lot classes and specs it's nowhere near BiS.
set in general is crap , but with current state of gear , the point is to mix sets . in wich case the 2 first bonus of beastlord come handy for dps .

Anyways Wasnt the reason of skaven ring staying to not make a gear gap btw new players or something like that?.
Last edited by Arteker616 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Anddyy wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Hunting season is coming to an end, but it will re-open after the summer passes.

The Beastlord hunting experience was best during the initial weeks when PvP was frequent at the lairs, as it's now mainly being farmed for loot, we're going to close it down and let a backlog of characters needing that step of gear to build up to the point the lairs will be strongly contested again. This will also give us some time to go and perhaps uncover new Beasts to be hunted, and different quest-lines that unlock the same gear.
I understand the reasoning you offered, but Beastlord was really never a great PvP area in the first place. The vast majority of the fighting at those lairs is little more than glorified ganking/griefing. Beastlord right now is an investment players make in order to be better equipped for what most of us consider to be the real draw of the game: PvP in RvR/scens. Making it unavailable to us without a viable alternative leaves us fighting considerably uneven fights.
I have hours of video contrary to this point. Currently, yes, there's glorified ganking because the demand for gear is a trickle at best. At release, each server boot was a flurry of activity and PvP to secure a kill, and multiple groups would often clash at the point they respawned. That's what the goal is with turning off the quests temporarily. Maybe it works and we see a bunch of action at the new bosses (because you'll need to figure them out again), or maybe it'll be lackluster and we don't bother experimenting with it again. But that's the joy of being here, we're going to mess with stuff. Sometimes that comes at the expense of community approval.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

charlysixb

Post#48 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Ravai wrote:You cant expect people to agree with this move though wargrimnir, support most of the changes you guys make here as any fix/buff/nerf makes the game more interesting even if it doesn't go as planned ;)

However, your basicly removing the best in slot cloak+jewel+pocket for pretty much all classes for any new players to obtain during your down period or people to make alts to keep themselves interested. These arn't appearence items, they are gamechanging sets which enable noticible boosts in power especially on classes utilising weaponskill (not forgetting the huge amount of wounds that the cloak provides).

What about increasing the spawntimers for all the bosses instead during the interim period instead of removing the quests completely?
Pretty much this.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Ads
Jbz

Post#49 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 pm

CegeePegee wrote:I think it's an exaggeration to say that "most" T4 players are sporting BL. It's not even a viable set on any of my lvl 40s. I do a lot of gear inspecting and I do not often see much BL other than for very specific specs or to fill in pieces while working toward a different set. It is by no means a required set and for a lot classes and specs it's nowhere near BiS.
Literally everyone on the front of "Who's Online" filtered by top RR is sporting at least 1-3 pieces of beast lord unless they have full genesis or playing in T2/T3. It is obviously the best fill pieces for almost every class unless you are an RNG lord.

madcuzbadder

Post#50 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 pm

No it isn't. Besides healers, I use BL on all of my "decently" geared toons. If people aren't using BL they either:

1. are a niche case

2. are a healer

3. arent a sh/sw/engi/ mdps/ dps dok / dps tank... etc
Old war: Badlands:Petless, Tovltovltovl, Defensiverift and many others.
Stylin' on you / Exo / War Monkeys