Recent Topics

Ads

Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
simtex
Suspended

Re: Beastlord Season - Ends Friday 23/6

Post#31 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:38 pm

BiS gear for alot of classes being disabled? you guys never fail to amaze me :*)
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

Ads
Arconnn

Post#32 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:46 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
We will continue to introduce gear...? Beastlord is not the only set at that powerlevel, it just happens to be the easiest to attain when it's not contested. From most accounts it wasn't even a good set when it was released because too much weaponskill and WS is the worst stat. Perhaps my dementia is setting in...
Great, but not knowing how long away you will introduce the next set of gear, it could be a day, it could be several months, we don't know.
There are other sets, but Beastlord (whether it be 3 piece, 4 piece, 6 piece etc) on quite a few classes / specs is a mandatory thing to use, doing this creates a gap between newer players and older players in the "fair play" of pvp where everyone can be on equal footing (Obviously Renown is an exception, a system which I've never liked in the first place and I believe you've had plans to rework that system to make pvp more fair)
Stats are worse (except for slayer / choppas / SW / Squigs where they are better due to WS), sure, but the set bonuses more than make up for that drawback, people with access to that gear will have a clear advantage.
Pretty much every class out there expect healers used atleast 3 piece Beastlord, with tanks using 6 piece for armor debuff stacking.
Though still every the high majority of classes used the Beastlord Cloak, since it's is a great advantage of stats due to a Tali Slot.
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#33 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Why is everyone missing the part where he said the quests will be back in a few months? Y'all are acting like you've never heard of seasonal quest lines before.

Penril

Post#34 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Arconnn wrote: Great, but not knowing how long away you will introduce the next set of gear, it could be a day, it could be several months, we don't know.
Complain in a few months if they aren't reintroduced. No point complaining now.
Arconnn wrote:There are other sets, but Beastlord (whether it be 3 piece, 4 piece, 6 piece etc) on quite a few classes / specs is a mandatory thing to use,
No set is mandatory in this game. You can be competitive with almost all same-tier sets. (BiS =/= mandatory).

Don't get me wrong; i disagree with removing BL (reminds me of when Mythic removed Helmets/Shoulders from T1) but honestly I think several of you are overreacting.

madcuzbadder

Post#35 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 pm

CegeePegee wrote:Why is everyone missing the part where he said the quests will be back in a few months? Y'all are acting like you've never heard of seasonal quest lines before.

1. The gear is bis for many classes. anyone who doesn't have it or leveling now that plays during this time is at a clear disadvantage for those months. If live taught us anything, gear imbalance is bad.

2. Seasonal gear should not be bis. If there was something equally obtainable and just as good, this would be a much lesser issue. (IE If it was only cosmetic)

3. The reasons given are lackluster. When I log in every day I don't think to myself, "boy I sure hope I can get some PVP done while i complete Beast lord for my alts." See #7.

4. the Idea itself is unpopular and shows the direction of the dev team, and many people do not agree with this direction.

5. New gear has been mentioned, but no spoilers or ETA has been given on it, so its a moot point in argument.

6. Time. Its Tuesday. You are removing it Friday. thats only 2-3 days to get it on any character that needs it. Thats pretty short notice. At the very least, if this was announced weeks ago, most people could have leveld their toons and gotten it done if they wanted to.

7. You want to 'create buzz/backlog' but the funny part is, just announcing this is going to create more fighting over BL then the actual change. I feel that this shows there are better options available than the current route already. Some being: only available during certain times. Adding a new pvp element to the quests besides kill xx players, or xx shadow warriors etc.
Last edited by madcuzbadder on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Old war: Badlands:Petless, Tovltovltovl, Defensiverift and many others.
Stylin' on you / Exo / War Monkeys

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#36 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:58 pm

madcuzbadder wrote:
CegeePegee wrote:Why is everyone missing the part where he said the quests will be back in a few months? Y'all are acting like you've never heard of seasonal quest lines before.

1. The gear is bis for many classes. anyone who doesn't have it or leveling now that plays during this time is at a clear disadvantage for those months.

2. Seasonal gear should not be bis. If there was something equally obtainable and just as good, this would be a much lesser issue. (IE If it was only cosmetic)

3. The reasons given are lackluster. When I log in every day I don't think to myself, "boy I sure hope I can get some PVP done while i complete Beast lord for my alts."

4. the Idea itself is unpopular and shows the direction of the dev team, and many people do not agree with this direction.

5. New gear has been mentioned, but no spoilers or ETA has been given on it, so its a moot point in argument.
Spoilers for new set gear.
Spoiler:
Rare Fortune - BoE PvE drop gear R37-R39
Onslaught - Ch22 PQ Gold Bags R40 RR32
ETA - Soon
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Darosh
Banned

Post#37 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:13 pm

For those flinging around oneliners, let me reiterate what the staff has written throughout the thread already:

Take a look at the effort some players made in presenting their case; arguments and alternative solutions.
Consider the circumstances at hand - what is for you a venue to vent your RL frustations, relax and all that, is for others an active work environment.
If you fail to seperate emotional investment from objective assessment you'll render your input worthless - your feedback is an intregal part of the development, yes, however it resembles a waste of your and everyones time to muddy the waters like that.

Creating an abysmal work environment ultimately helps no one, whatsoever.

Translate the situation to your respective work place:
If you were to fling **** at your superiors or your coworkers - regardless of how right or wrong your assessment is, its **** if you present it like that - they'd just turn their backs on you or fling the **** right back at you for good.

madcuzbadder

Post#38 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:28 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Spoilers for new set gear.
Spoiler:
Rare Fortune - BoE PvE drop gear R37-R39
Onslaught - Ch22 PQ Gold Bags R40 RR32
ETA - Soon
Thank you for this.

It still brings up the question: Can someone who has these sets and no access to BL have similar stats/equally as powerful to someone who has access to both?

If the answer is yes and the ETA is soon, then sure, close the thread, everyone should be happy.

If not, then maybe its time we all look at whats making BL so desirable, and mirror it in another still obtainable set / new set.

Either way, I'm sure that while the start of this thread doesn't look great, whats here could very well turn into a great discussion on gear balance etc. that could prove to provide some useful ideas.
Old war: Badlands:Petless, Tovltovltovl, Defensiverift and many others.
Stylin' on you / Exo / War Monkeys

Ads
Jbz

Post#39 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:34 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Yes, players will keep the gear they have. Yes, the current gear will be gated away from players that do not have it. There will be other gear introduced too, we try to keep a steady supply of carrots in the game, things to do, events to participate it, but it certainly doesn't make it easy to be criticized every step of the way when we give explanations for WHY we're doing things. In some respects, I would rather give no explanation at all and let people wonder if the quests being closed down was some sort of weird bug. However, I care slightly more than that.

I don't expect players to be happy about it, per se. But I do expect players to understand why it's happening, since I've taken the time to explain it.
I would like to think most of us want to help you guys make the server the best it can be and will still consider constructive criticism. Removing BIS gear that veterans already have seems like annoying way for a new player to get introduced to the server.

I wanted to propose an idea of increasing the spawn timer on all the bosses and also making it random to promote more scouting/possible small scale skirmishing. Also, make part of the kill quests pertain to the area around the boss so we see some hunting/fighting around the bosses. These could possibly be implemented when the new season opens too and sounds fun. I don't particularly enjoy PVE encounters but have had fun helping friends and skirmishing around the bosses whether I was being griefed or griefing others.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#40 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Jbz wrote:
I wanted to propose an idea of increasing the spawn timer on all the bosses and also making it random to promote more scouting/possible small scale skirmishing. Also, make part of the kill quests pertain to the area around the boss so we see some hunting/fighting around the bosses. These could possibly be implemented when the new season opens too and sounds fun. I don't particularly enjoy PVE encounters but have had fun helping friends and skirmishing around the bosses whether I was being griefed or griefing others.
They all have slightly different timers, making it random would require additional coding. Probably not worth the time to do so since they're between 2-3 hours anyway. Making the skirmish kills apply to specific map areas would also take some coding, but I could see that being useful down the line in other situations.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog