Official RoR Discord

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Official RoR Discord

Post#1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Over the past couple of weeks the team has transitioned over to using Discord for our team chat. Now that we have most of the permissions setup, and people are comfortable with it, we can open up a handful of channels for public use.

Some things to note

- This is a moderated space, follow the same ToS that you can find here on the website.

- Your forum name is preferred, but not required. It just means you will have temporary access and need to click the link again to join if you're disconnected. If you want permanent access, ask a GM or Mod to validate your name and they will assign you to the Verified group. (Be patient in the beginning if you don't get a response, online does not always equal available.)

- Once you're verified, you'll be able to see past message history. It's like a perk!

- If there's a need for it, picking up a few people to give Mod powers would be a thing. Contact me if you're interested.

- Staff use this as their primary chat platform, that's not a license to bother them. Moderation and common sense please.

- Don't request custom emotes, there's a limit. Too many dank memes makes Discord sad.

- Be cool to each other, this like many other things, is an experiment that we hope works out.

https://discord.gg/G9jDWgv
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sonorous

Re: Official RoR Discord

Post#2 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Awesome. Do we just direct message a mod or gm to get verified or is there a channel we can post in... like advice. Just dont wanna flood u guys.
Kolland & Irolland

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Welcome to PM me, I'm a mutant that does not sleep.

FearTheGriff

Post#4 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:06 am

Already kicked from the discord for posting a dank meme

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 am

FearTheGriff wrote:Already kicked from the discord for posting a dank meme

Congrats.

If you wouldn't post it on the forums, don't post it on Discord.

Darosh

Post#6 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:10 am

Very nice effort - even tho I personally loath discord and probably won't join in on the fun -, I appreciate it very much. <3
R.I.P. Lampy | date of birth unknown - ✝ 2/6/2017 | +∞ K/D
-
"Abbd." looks fancier than "Add." ~ habits.
-
Join me on the journey through the rabbit hole!

Grock

Post#7 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:46 am

Oh finally! A lot of people there don't seem to like Discord, but its the best voice comm for casual play out there.
Hopefully it won't die off like two other servers started by some community members.

10 minutes before being able to chat is a little excessive though, haven't seen that even on the huge servers(with hundreds and thousands of members)

Rofii

Post#8 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:23 am

Grock wrote:10 minutes before being able to chat is a little excessive though, haven't seen that even on the huge servers(with hundreds and thousands of members)

Agreed. I'm on several discords with 5,000+ and I've never seen this feature used.

holyroseknight

Post#9 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:35 am

I feel that strong moderation is almost required this early in the server's life. Some people get out of hand very quickly.

Dresden

Post#10 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:41 am

I have https://discord.gg/Tt6VSN2 as the Unofficial RoR Discord on All RoR Social Media Collected so what is the status of that?
(Got that from Natherul)

Is it now Defunct?
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Return to “News”