Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary : August 2017

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caristanius139

Re: Dev Diary : August 2017

Post#61 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:23 pm

I think only thing all RoR Team is professional and nice! Do You working very good with passion and motivation! You are the Best! RoR's Team are the Best! :D

Ads
Gewehrschwanz

Post#62 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:05 pm

No comments or suggestions...just thanks to all the devs for what you do and the info dump on what is in the works...thanks to you all
Resident whipping Engi of Train Wreck
"Pulling...Now, Now, Now..."

navis

Post#63 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Thank you thank you thank you thank you.
Excellent update, thank you .

Dresden
Banned

Post#64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:34 pm

Expect an event in the next Weeks(NO ETA) for both sides with some search quests and Boss killings in the end.
I can only give you a hint about rewards and nothing else since i'm still working on it and don't want to spoil anything. Keep in mind that these are only thoughts and rewards may change until Event is ready.
Rewards :
(White Owl/RoR Aegis/28lvl talismans for Order/Event accessory awards)
(Unknown/RoR Aegis/28lvl talismans for Destruction/Event accessory awards)
Nice, looking forward to it.
Last edited by Dresden on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Malaika

Post#65 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:47 am

Thank you guys for all the work you do! It's much appreciated! :)

Warfiend

Post#66 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Dear Dev-Team - I was the last few weeks very busy so I write now:

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR GREAT AND SUPER AWESOME WORK !

My wife and I wanted to tell you many many thanks, for just everything! We finally owe it to you that we can continue to battle in WAR. We would like to take the chance and ask you in this thread a few questions - I apologize in advance when I express myself something unclear, my english is not the best.

1# Please be a Patreon!

I know you probably can not hear it anymore BUT: I know you do not want any money from us to support you, however, I feel bad about Yaliskah when he has to pay monthly from his own money for that we can continue to use the server.
So here is my question: Is it really enough that these costs are paid ONLY by the ads or does he still have to pay?
I know Wargrimnir was against it in another thread but why do not you register as a patreon? Anyone who would like to support you at least on a voluntary basis monthly, eg. To cover the server costs. In your work on the game we can not help you otherwise and would like to help you at least a bit - you finally work on it rather instead of just logging in and pulling joyfully into the pvp-zone.

https://www.patreon.com/

My wife and I were both of the opinion that we would rather support you monthly (with 12-20 €) as an subscription in another game, you would have earned it for your long-time hard work on this great project!

2# Preview function and maybe a skin-change for armor and weapons?

In Warhammer, there are an incredible number of awesome armor and weapons.
In games like Wildstar and Tera there is a armor preview which shows me how to look the linked items from quests and traders before i buy them - are you planning to introduce something like this in the future? Or do you know an addon that allows this so far I've found none. We belong to the players who do not only go to the stats but also to the look of the armor / weapons.
Or perhaps you would prefer a transmutation of Armor and Weapons into others (just like in guild wars 2/ World of Warcraft eg) rather than this.
Only a thought but at least it remains for you whether you would like something like this at all.

3# In how far can you change the game and add new things that did not exist before like new races/classes?

We find your work at the emulator great, however, we do not know how the whole works or what you can circumscribe / change or insert which was never before in the game, nor do we know how eager these individual works are at all.We also do not know how difficult these individual tasks are for you, we finally see only the (almost ;D) finished game and not the work behind it.
In an old thread I read that it was not 'really' difficult to implement the Skaven as a playable race with armor / weapons / careers /classes (not as this sc skin-buff) into the game.
Of course, we would find it cool, we love non-human races but here now my question: Would you ever intend / want new races/classes in the future? Or maybe add more vanity pets like the Warlord's Fell Hound ( my wife LOVE pets xD) ?

Since the Skaven as race of you are probably not particularly wanted, how would it be with others?
Maybe Beastmen, Daemons of Chaos and Vampire Counts for Destruction and Wood Elves, Lizardmen and Bretonnia (instead of Bret maybe Ogres?) for Order?

Big text from me I know but rather detailed instead of missing something.
We respect your work and we did not want to annoy you with our questions.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#67 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Warfiend wrote: 1# Please be a Patreon!

I know you probably can not hear it anymore BUT: I know you do not want any money from us to support you, however, I feel bad about Yaliskah when he has to pay monthly from his own money for that we can continue to use the server.
So here is my question: Is it really enough that these costs are paid ONLY by the ads or does he still have to pay?
I know Wargrimnir was against it in another thread but why do not you register as a patreon? Anyone who would like to support you at least on a voluntary basis monthly, eg. To cover the server costs. In your work on the game we can not help you otherwise and would like to help you at least a bit - you finally work on it rather instead of just logging in and pulling joyfully into the pvp-zone.

https://www.patreon.com/

My wife and I were both of the opinion that we would rather support you monthly (with 12-20 €) as an subscription in another game, you would have earned it for your long-time hard work on this great project!
Absolutely not going to happen. This is not my personal opinion, but one shared by the entire team and for very good reason. Money draws attention from the likes of people that could shut us down with a simple C&D letter. We cannot profit in any way from the work that Mythic and EA put into making the game, or the IP that GamesWorkshop owns the rights to. Every single suggestion otherwise is met with the same, harsh, and authoritative tone that we do not condone and will outright reject any form of payment or donation suggested by the community.

If you really want to help make some significant progress, learn to code in C# (3 years should be enough), get REALLY good at it, apply for a position, and help rebuild the game. Otherwise, enjoy it for what it is and submit some detailed bug reports once in a while.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Warfiend

Post#68 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm sorry wargrimnir we did not want to annoy you with the patreon-thing ^ ^we thought we would probably not get well but we wanted to ask anyway.
My wife and i are still writing down the bugs in the starting areas of the orcs and dark elves ( we have discovered a whole lot the last days oO) and it is self-evident that we will report you the bugs if we can help you at least such a small bit.
After the bugtracker I have to look again somehow I can not log in or re-register ... is strange but in the last days there was also a few DDoS-​​attacks.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#69 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Warfiend wrote:I'm sorry wargrimnir we did not want to annoy you with the patreon-thing ^ ^we thought we would probably not get well but we wanted to ask anyway.
My wife and i are still writing down the bugs in the starting areas of the orcs and dark elves ( we have discovered a whole lot the last days oO) and it is self-evident that we will report you the bugs if we can help you at least such a small bit.
After the bugtracker I have to look again somehow I can not log in or re-register ... is strange but in the last days there was also a few DDoS-​​attacks.
Not personally annoyed, just standard stuff. We've had that sort of suggestion before. :D
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dresden
Banned

Post#70 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:24 am

Dresden wrote:
Expect an event in the next Weeks(NO ETA) for both sides with some search quests and Boss killings in the end.
I can only give you a hint about rewards and nothing else since i'm still working on it and don't want to spoil anything. Keep in mind that these are only thoughts and rewards may change until Event is ready.
Rewards :
(White Owl/RoR Aegis/28lvl talismans for Order/Event accessory awards)
(Unknown/RoR Aegis/28lvl talismans for Destruction/Event accessory awards)
Nice, looking forward to it.
What is happening with this? is it still on to happen?
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q