Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary : August 2017

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Dev Diary : August 2017

Post#11 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:56 am

Darosh wrote: 1.) Is this currency meant to be tradeable only within the very 'market' of the respective class, or will the currency be tradeable from one class to another, so that people gotta exchange their goodies? To phrase it diffrently: Will this class-specific currency only be acquirable by the respective class, or will it drop left, right and center (but - as incentive/gating maybe - not for the respective class) for people to throw it on the AH to mix-and-match like say the Rare Fortune set?
Abbd.: TLDR: PvE-esque method of acquisition (get token, trade token with npc, get shiny) versus PvP-esque method of acquisition (get token, trade token with players, [trade token with npc], get shiny // get token, trade token with npc, get shiny, trade shiny with players, get your own shiny)?
All players will drop currency related to the race they've killed in battle (RvR and Scenarios!), these were in briefly quite some time ago when I began testing the concept. They will not be tradeable, so each player is on their own to gather currency as they play. Collect them and trade them to vendors in town for Blue and Purple currency, at various rates from different vendors in the city.

2.) Is the part with the influence gear a hint at this very subset of gear being reworked in some way?
Influence gear means stuff wot you would otherwise acquire from Keeps and PQ's, naturally the higher up the gear,
the more expensive a piece would be. This works in two parts, first giving players an alternate method to acquire gear, and second giving those collectors of all shiny things a chance to pick up a piece of influence gear they otherwise had to decline.

3.) Will there be fix shedules and pools (that can be figured out if one makes an effort to do so) for the 'fluctating' gear; will it be possible to plan ahead in one way or another, or will it be really up to RNG whether one gets a shot at an item or not (e.g. a certain item clogging up the vendors for weeks, whereas other items are rarely - if ever - acquirable)? I am asking that because...well, everything that is even remotely related to RNG will get people to throw a fit ~[/spoiler]
The cost of each type of currency will vary a bit per vendor, I have a system devised to do so. It would behoove someone to do a circuit around the city seeking out the more favorably priced vendor for the currency they wish to acquire.
Influence gear will cost the same based on a formula related to it's chapter, and a few vendors will sell more unique and limited time pieces of novelty, or occasionally quite expensive higher-end gear. Rare Fortune was in mind when this was all coming together as a limited piece for example.

If you've played Secret of Evermore on SNES, the market system in Nobilia was a much smaller scale, but quite a fun mini-game for the time. The concept is loosely modeled from that, but adapted to a larger scale MMO.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#12 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:59 am

I am hopeful about the Lair Boss changes and Beastlord changes.

I look forward to being incentivised to finally wrap up my lairs topics to a maintainence level of completeness.
Last edited by Dresden on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Richardwarhawk

Post#13 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 am

Thank you for giving us a Insight of your work and efforts, we appreciate it and the work you are all doing!!!

Bobbiom

Post#14 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:25 am

I think I gained a new level of appreciation of the awesome work you guys do, thank you all.

Mcgotrek

Post#15 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:35 am

Great work lads and lasses!
Looking forward to Beastlord v. 2 :)
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Darosh
Banned

Post#16 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:59 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Spoiler:
Darosh wrote: 1.) Is this currency meant to be tradeable only within the very 'market' of the respective class, or will the currency be tradeable from one class to another, so that people gotta exchange their goodies? To phrase it diffrently: Will this class-specific currency only be acquirable by the respective class, or will it drop left, right and center (but - as incentive/gating maybe - not for the respective class) for people to throw it on the AH to mix-and-match like say the Rare Fortune set?
Abbd.: TLDR: PvE-esque method of acquisition (get token, trade token with npc, get shiny) versus PvP-esque method of acquisition (get token, trade token with players, [trade token with npc], get shiny // get token, trade token with npc, get shiny, trade shiny with players, get your own shiny)?
All players will drop currency related to the race they've killed in battle (RvR and Scenarios!), these were in briefly quite some time ago when I began testing the concept. They will not be tradeable, so each player is on their own to gather currency as they play. Collect them and trade them to vendors in town for Blue and Purple currency, at various rates from different vendors in the city.

2.) Is the part with the influence gear a hint at this very subset of gear being reworked in some way?
Influence gear means stuff wot you would otherwise acquire from Keeps and PQ's, naturally the higher up the gear,
the more expensive a piece would be. This works in two parts, first giving players an alternate method to acquire gear, and second giving those collectors of all shiny things a chance to pick up a piece of influence gear they otherwise had to decline.

3.) Will there be fix shedules and pools (that can be figured out if one makes an effort to do so) for the 'fluctating' gear; will it be possible to plan ahead in one way or another, or will it be really up to RNG whether one gets a shot at an item or not (e.g. a certain item clogging up the vendors for weeks, whereas other items are rarely - if ever - acquirable)? I am asking that because...well, everything that is even remotely related to RNG will get people to throw a fit ~
The cost of each type of currency will vary a bit per vendor, I have a system devised to do so. It would behoove someone to do a circuit around the city seeking out the more favorably priced vendor for the currency they wish to acquire.
Influence gear will cost the same based on a formula related to it's chapter, and a few vendors will sell more unique and limited time pieces of novelty, or occasionally quite expensive higher-end gear. Rare Fortune was in mind when this was all coming together as a limited piece for example.

If you've played Secret of Evermore on SNES, the market system in Nobilia was a much smaller scale, but quite a fun mini-game for the time. The concept is loosely modeled from that, but adapted to a larger scale MMO
Thank you very much for the reply! <3

OgiWanBG

Post#17 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 am

I agree about Warp and Doom sets been broken but why not giving players chance to level up to rr100 ? Just without the broken sets.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Haojin

Post#18 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:27 am

thanks for the information ;)
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 am

nice to hear ppl removed the adblock for the forum, i feel assured now, keep the message for adblck user regardless; it wont hurt :lol:

Danmir

Post#20 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:31 am

We salute You

Sledgehammer Clan list:
Danmir Sledgehammer
Morngrim Stoutbrewer
Rukh Wyrdmake
Gazul Firebrew
Haargen Deathbane