Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary : August 2017

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Glorian

Re: Dev Diary : August 2017

Post#21 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:36 am

Nice Dev Diary and interesting things to come. :D
It is all nice to read what the immediate goals are and what the state is. Of course you cant give an ETA for something you only half know how to accomplish. That us the 101 of software projects. You can only estimate time if you have made the exact thing already at least once.

@Gameplayer own currency for races: As said I think for some days these currencies dropped and people were confused what they are for. Now it makes sense. :)

So keep up the good work!

Ads
hogun

Post#22 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:56 am

Yaliskah wrote:Image

. Personnally, i don't want to see Skavens AS on original, i don't wanna see RR100 gear AS on original, i don't wanna experience empty capital siege AS on origina, and don't wanna talk about LOTDl...

Thank you for this Dev Diary and Thank you for this little passage that I am delighted to read :D :D :D
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 am

Thank you for the dev diary.

Questions/ideas/grumblings;
-Will there be any balancing efforts towards making sure that all classes might have a good reason to join certain group compositions, meaning they would be a solid choice for a 6man, or a solid choice even for a WB? Because as it is, there definitely are classes that are very much undesired in WB scale. (for example, WH/WE, Blackguard)

-Shaman/AM overperformance in smallscale; now I don't hate those classes, in fact I got both shaman and AM at 40/40, but oh boi they sure heal well in smallscale. Some would say they heal too much, some would think "it's just fine", but I certainly hope you take a look at their current performances and somehow adjust them to be more in line with the rest of the healers.

-internal balancing between mdps classes; we know which are the best, and we can most likely agree which of them draw the short stick, any hope of minor adjustments in the future, or would it rely on players who play potent classes being willing to create threads where they voluntarily ask for small nerfs to their favoured classes?

-Overlord/Imperator gear procs; now lately more and more people seem to have farmed (no, you dont stumble upon 500 t4 seals nor accidentally find 300 t3 seals, you grind them) these 2 piece sets; and they sure look awesome. Heck, I keep farming them for the appearance alone, but what I have noticed is that the 2pc bonus is "good" for certain classes, whilst for others it might remain a "mystery" choice as why you would such a bonus. Maybe some minor tweaks to them, to make equipping them in T4 RvR into a solid choice, not just for few lucky classes that currently enjoy "good" 2pc bonus procs. - Opinionative, cant cover every build, niche or playstyle - Torque

-WB crashing, is there any way to convey to the actual "noobs" that they should not fly to capital city when in a pug WB? :D Like a message when you open game, "If you play in open WB, avoid flying between zones as it might crash the game to fellow WB players". ;)

-Keep Lord fights; in t3, the lord might die in 3-10 seconds. In T4, it might take 5-10 mins of tanking&spanking in an empty keep whilst enemy goes BO hunting and your own realm for some reason lacks them deeps. If just possible, adjust the Keep Lord some way, maybe that if enemies are present at Keep region, the Lord will endure longer, but if the Lord stands alone and no one is there to save it, the Lord will just give up faster. (giving incentive for defending side to rally back and prolong the fight, and giving incentive for attackers to secure and clear the whole area of defenders)

-opting out of RvR loot bags, or enabling master looting; I don't know if the code allows it yet, but gathering your 2nd Conq set is not fun when people in your guild have actual need for their first 1st.

Thanks for your continued efforts to make the game better, I'm not trying to whine here, I'm just writing down some ideas. :)
The game is pretty gud as it is, and it certainly looks like the future looks awesome.

Jaycub

Post#24 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:55 am

Thanks for the diary they are always nice to read

About beastlord and why it's so desirable, the 3 pc bonus from jewel, pocket, and cloak doesn't interfere with any other set bonuses besides full genesis which practically no one has. The base stats on all these items are really the best out there as well, unlike some pieces of genesis. defensively speaking for most 3pc tome set and 3pc beastlord is unrivaled. I don't know what future sets will have, but incorporating cloaks and pocket items could squash this problem.

Learning the bosses/mechanics for beastlord was really fun on day 1, glad to see everything is being overhauled in that respect so we can get that feeling of discovery again at least one more time.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

wiscel

Post#25 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks again for all your blood, sweat and beers you've put into this project :-)
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Buran

Post#26 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 am

2Yaliskah:
Thank u for interesting information ;)
But i have a lot of questions:
1. how do u see the future of RvR? Today RvR is about Tactical gameplay. Are u planning content and place of strategy? for example: Infringement of the possibilities of the faction in their defeat in the RvR, the expansion of opportunities to disrupt the loka to a weaker enemy, the ability to take another zone, etc. etc.
2. Are there any benefits for the faction / guilds depending on the results in the RVR?
3. Do you plan to enter the forts into the game in the last zones?

Thank u

Dajciekrwi

Post#27 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 am

Dear Devs, big thanks for nice and clear communicate, it is very worthy to know that y sacrifice your time to make some diary.
Can we expect some new outlook of this Onslaught set?

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#28 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 am

(by Wargrimnir)
Marketplace using the new class-specific PvP currency. Trading trinkets for treasures and hidden gems for various rarities of items you might not get otherwise. This will tie in with the chapter vendors, as they will be selling their influence gear for PvP currency as well. Your currency bags will be very full. Rare vendors tucked away in the corners of the city will have fluctuating sales of rare items from time to time as well.
Hello! =)

I'm a little worried about these items that we'll have the rare opportunity to get.

I'm worried about the direction the game is taking in relation to the FARM. We know that War's greatest deferential beyond rvr is not having a boring and tiring farm. How do you pretend that this system does not imply negatively?

Thank you.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 am

Grock wrote:
I hope every environment/playstyle will be taken in consideration. Its harder than balancing classes for specific niches, but it'll keep the game fresh.
This is what I am waiting verification on, I guess we'll agree to disagree because balancing around 'incompetent'/'improper' play will have bad results imo (have seen it in other games). If playing a class properly within a group/wb no longer sets the precedent re balance, then I haven't got the best of hopes.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#30 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Thank you for the dev diary.

-WB crashing, is there any way to convey to the actual "noobs" that they should not fly to capital city when in a pug WB? :D Like a message when you open game, "If you play in open WB, avoid flying between zones as it might crash the game to fellow WB players". ;)

-opting out of RvR loot bags, or enabling master looting; I don't know if the code allows it yet, but gathering your 2nd Conq set is not fun when people in your guild have actual need for their first 1st.
The issue with the WB crashing is that I can easily add a message to players on login or on joining a group/warband that they should not fly to other zones/capital, issue is, will they read it? Id prefer to find the root cause of the issue, sadly Im sorta stuck on that front and have it on my todo list once I get some more insight into the issue.

About the opting out, Aza did start on that code and I have not looked into it further, but its def something that we´d look at further down the line, atm we have bigger things to tackle sadly.