Recent Topics

Ads

Something something...

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Collateral

Re: Something something...

Post#461 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:43 am

I agree with tesq on removing the aoe cap. This is the perfect opportunity to test it, you can't get bigger zergs than this.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#462 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 am

Nidwin wrote:So Scrilian the great, or the first, kicked thar Nid out of his warband past Friday. Noted! (just kidding)
My apologies if I kicked anyone in the past few days. I'm much nicer player on my WL, but I'd guess something just tilts you towards being an asshole when you switch to BW from time to time :mrgreen:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Nidwin

Post#463 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 am

Collateral wrote:I agree with tesq on removing the aoe cap. This is the perfect opportunity to test it, you can't get bigger zergs than this.
I don't agree and the aoe cap is fine, at least for the moment, as it is. The ttk in the big clashes is already low enough in global T4 and there's no valid reason for a 6-men boysband to roll over a wb because of aoe cap removal.

RoR has colision detection so turtle startegies are already avoided (tests in other games made it even worse with aoe cap removals). Also aoe caps removal would add a huge amount of processing/caclulations on the server side.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Reesh

Post#464 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:18 am

Nidwin wrote:
Collateral wrote:I agree with tesq on removing the aoe cap. This is the perfect opportunity to test it, you can't get bigger zergs than this.
I don't agree and the aoe cap is fine, at least for the moment, as it is. The ttk in the big clashes is already low enough in global T4 and there's no valid reason for a 6-men boysband to roll over a wb because of aoe cap removal.

RoR has colision detection so turtle startegies are already avoided (tests in other games made it even worse with aoe cap removals). Also aoe caps removal would add a huge amount of processing/caclulations on the server side.
6man wound never roll through a wb without aoe cap, as they wouldn't have enough dmg. Wb would roll through them in a second.

I was always also the one to vote, to remove aoe cap.

Zanilos

Post#465 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Spoiler:
Scrilian wrote:
Zanilos wrote: Another issue is the certain players in /t4 or /1 telling players where to go. I felt before the last time I stopped playing that the staff carry weight when talking directly to players. Why not identify the players that are activly starting the zergs and maintaining them and just talk to them.
And I'm a fool to think that you've changed. Still naive as a young boy, that dreams of honorable and graceful 24v24 in the open fields, yet in reality gets overrun by the enemy that simple refuses to play by his childish rules.

WAR is the game of numbers and logistics when it comes to RvR. Surely there's gear, skill, warband composition, but that's all secondary in comparison to sheer rough numbers of the enemies.
You can scatter a warband with your own 24men, perhaps two or even three, but you'll definitely die to four warbands, no matter what you do and the enemy will surely bring more the next time they see you make a step in the open fields of RvR.

The fact that I even talk /1 or /t4 is to bring a bit of order to the Order, so to speak, announce my open wb moves, call incs, advise when we need to group up to fight the enemy warbands, that are doing the same thing, and invite people to join the fight in zone in general - is that because I give a **** about my side of the realm. Sometimes it strikes me as if I am the only one who does.
While you, my friend, have done little but complained about the enemy not playing "fair".

It might come off as a shock to you, but I don't like running ruski-cyka-blob around the zone and fight 10 with 100, PvDoor, etc. and never did. I'd rather sit in my small little discord, pour spite and talk **** about other players with a ~10man group - like everyone else on the Order side these days. But someone has to make the calls, why not me.
Without going into specifics, I'd say sometimes a "blob" is necessary to win an fight because otherwise you are freenown and crests.
So you do it because someone else does it, they do it because someone else started it, they started it for no reason, so you do it too? I just don't get where the cycle starts.

It's not always someone elses fault dude.

On a side not Gazi, this isn't a personal attack on you. We have had some good times in the past.

When some 24vs24 content comes out, we will see which players prefer following in /1 and which ones prefer a warband. WHEN, maybe IF :)

Scrilian

Post#466 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Zanilos wrote: On a side not Gazi, this isn't a personal attack on you.
It surely sounded like one :(
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Zanilos

Post#467 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Scrilian wrote:
Zanilos wrote: On a side not Gazi, this isn't a personal attack on you.
It surely sounded like one :(
Out of the entire population, 50 guys use the forums. Broad statements can seem like narrow acusations.

OgiWanBG

Post#468 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 am

Didn't receive RR and XP last night in Praag. Someone faced this issue ?
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#469 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am

OgiWanBG wrote:Didn't receive RR and XP last night in Praag. Someone faced this issue ?
It's already patched.

Glorian

Post#470 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:39 am

It was for a moment like in the real life.
You shoot people and don't get money, a reward or are getting better. :)