Recent Topics

Ads

Something something...

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
footpatrol2

Re: Something something...

Post#451 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:18 am

The game doesn't scale well after 24 vs 24. Why do I say 24 vs 24? Because the city sieges were 24 vs 24.
Ideal conditions would be 24 vs 24 in the lakes for domination of BO control AND 24 vs 24 at a keep. Getting things larger then that then organized play goes out the window and the zerg just dominates.

The game try's to lead player's into organized play via SC's. The SC's were a important part of the campaign at one time and tied to zone flips. Organized play would dominate the SC's due to equal numbers. T1 through T3 scenario's were all 12 man's. T4 scenario's starts to introduce 18 man scenario's. City fights were 24 man's which imo was suppose to be the height of organized play. Tie SC's back to the campaign/zone flips and you will see a rise in organized play.

RoR is forcing everyone into one zone pairing which is problematic from a scaling perspective. It's now even worse with t2,t3,t4 being combined. I can provide a solution but it is race driven which I know people don't want to hear.

A solution is a population cap to a zone pairing. You can't freely let player's travel where ever they want because then a zerg will grow and the fun will be sapped out.

We are also working with the incorrect morale gain rates and the lack of banner's so all the tools for anti zerg in organized play is currently not available.

Btw, I am in full support of this combined t2,t3,t4 change.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#452 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 am

footpatrol2 wrote:The game doesn't scale well after 24 vs 24. Why do I say 24 vs 24? Because the city sieges were 24 vs 24.
Ideal conditions would be 24 vs 24 in the lakes for domination of BO control AND 24 vs 24 at a keep. Getting things larger then that then organized play goes out the window and the zerg just dominates.

The game try's to lead player's into organized play via SC's. The SC's were a important part of the campaign at one time and tied to zone flips. Organized play would dominate the SC's due to equal numbers. T1 through T3 scenario's were all 12 man's. T4 scenario's starts to introduce 18 man scenario's. City fights were 24 man's which imo was suppose to be the height of organized play. Tie SC's back to the campaign/zone flips and you will see a rise in organized play.

RoR is forcing everyone into one zone pairing which is problematic from a scaling perspective. It's now even worse with t2,t3,t4 being combined. I can provide a solution but it is race driven which I know people don't want to hear.

A solution is a population cap to a zone pairing. You can't freely let player's travel where ever they want because then a zerg will grow and the fun will be sapped out.

We are also working with the incorrect morale gain rates and the lack of banner's so all the tools for anti zerg in organized play is currently not available.

It is almost politician-like, how you manage to wedge your favorite talking points into a majority of your posts. <3
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

footpatrol2

Post#453 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:27 am

I wedge them in because morale gain rates and banner's are part of the fundamental design/game balance.

TenTonHammer

Post#454 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:40 am

footpatrol2 wrote:

Yeah im sure t4/t3/t2 maps will work wonderfully with a 24v24 or the like population caps

their massive areas and layout used to their full potential and not squandered

also telling people who want to participate in rvr to get rvr only accessible gear and the like to sod off becuase their is a "population cap" and controlling player freedom of tier and zone movements would do absolute wonders for the player base

Luuca

Post#455 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:19 am

Footpatrol2 said:
Spoiler:
footpatrol2 wrote:The game doesn't scale well after 24 vs 24. Why do I say 24 vs 24? Because the city sieges were 24 vs 24.

How the team here at RoR can sit by while this bigoted greenskin spouts this garbage about racial blah blah blah is beyond me. Just kidding.. He's right, in reality and I'll exlain why answering TenTonHammer's quote below..
TenTonHammer wrote: Yeah im sure t4/t3/t2 maps will work wonderfully with a 24v24 or the like population caps their massive areas and layout used to their full potential and not squandered

also telling people who want to participate in rvr to get rvr only accessible gear and the like to sod off because their is a "population cap" and controlling player freedom of tier and zone movements would do absolute wonders for the player base
What I see here is a solution. If you cap T2, T3 zones to 24x24, then you will be able to open up all the zones at once. If you want to get nitty gritty, if your race matches the zone, you get preference to get "in" if not, you wait for a slot kinda like city sieges were back in the day.

It could work, but I'm in NA prime time where we couldn't fill all the zones on an average day and I figure the EU crew would have 3x the numbers and have a lot of pissed off people.

Oh and, fix the morale gain rates back to the correct live version for the patch we play on, fix the morale pump tactics, and allow banners and the Zerg will be less effective once the player base remembers how to coordinate again.

Sulorie

Post#456 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:45 am

Because the zerg can't use banner and moral pump tactics...
Now it all makes sense!
Dying is no option.

Luuca

Post#457 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:47 am

Sulorie wrote:Because the zerg can't use banner and moral pump tactics as effectively as an organized warband on coms....
Now it all makes sense!
FIFY

Sulorie

Post#458 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 am

Luuca wrote:
Sulorie wrote:Because the zerg can't use banner and moral pump tactics as effectively as an organized warband on coms....
Now it all makes sense!
FIFY
So only on underdog side are organized warbands with coms. Brilliant! :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Glorian

Post#459 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:39 am

The Server would be a much more dull place without Footpatroll jumping in every month with some sort of racial or moral thing. ;)

Overall I would suggest we stay calm and wait for the next phase of the new rvr tests. Meaning several open zones.

The login-join-the-Zerg faction is relatively slow on changing zones or objectives. There the guild warbands can be a step ahead and search each other in the lakes.

Nidwin

Post#460 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:41 am

So Scrilian the great, or the first, kicked thar Nid out of his warband past Friday. Noted! (just kidding)

I had a couple of lag peeks MS (Praag) Yesterday evening EU, a short freez and suddenly surrounded by a sea of red names, but no crash so my guess it's client/internet related on my side.

And for the haters, you peeps need to realize that some, or a lot, of us <3 massive scale fights with multiple warbands clashing into multiple warbands at objectives meanwhile we don't realy care or give a damn about whatever reward we'll get out of it. Our reward is actually the massive "blob" battle, not the bags, xp-rr or meds.

If we can find a way to get rid of those lag peeks (client side) you folks may finaly have the first true large scale RvR game that we were promised so often while never delivered as playable large scale battles.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]