2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Yaliskah
King of Nothing
Posts: 831

2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Bugs should be fixed! Giving this another run.

Übersetzung in Deutsch
Traduzione in Italiano
Image

Dear all;

Last night you experienced some... ..issues, and we choose to revert RvR mecanic to fix issues :
- Resource chest poping non stop.
- Infinite resource dropping.

We apologize for all server reboot in prime time. Consider as said days ago, this time you are part of the experience and as the whole team, you have experienced the "welcome in RoR team" effect :). Hope you enjoyed it.

BUT !! Thats not finished !! So many funny moment are coming, cause we will deploy some fix and restart the test tonight with some little changes. Here they are :

Once again, i invite you to install this addon :
Download link : RoR State of Realm v.1.0 is here !
It will be helpfull to see what happens in all opened areas.

1. 3 (or just 2) Pairings to up.

2. T1 BO system deployed (take it,; cap it, hold it, enjoy XP-RP-INF(maybe bugged, dunno, need feedbacks)

3. NEW ! Supplies ( part I):
You will rank up holding BOs. Don't wait for resources chests, they wont appear. So : ranking up keep = Holding BO. Resource pop and carrying solved. (Resource Carrying system will take place later in another situation)

4. NEW ! Supplies (partII):
If you hold at least 1 BO you will start generating Supplies to rank your keep. If you don't hold at least 1 BO your keep will start to derank. IMPORTANT: amount of supplies generated by BO is connected to distance of BO from your Keep and your own Warcamp. BOs that are located near Keeps or Warcamps will generate small amounts of supplies.


5. NEW ! : VPs :
If you hold more BO than the enemy you gain VPs. If equal, no one will gain VPs.
If you hold ALL BOs you will get an additionnal VP. Same if you hold all Keeps.

6. NEW! : PvDOOR:
3 Pairings doesnt mean free empty gold bags (-->[]). So, if a keep is attacked in a pair without defenders ( or VERY VERY outnumbered), expect to have to have some "Sorry Mario, princess (your reward) is in another castle". Obviously none in this beloved community was thinking about avoiding great battle. But well, just saying :).

Voila.

Of course, this deployment may not be free of bugs and issues and we thank you all for your reports if you find some.

I wish you all a good RvR cession, hoping you will enjoy our hard work ( especially Hargrim's work cause he doesn't sleep a lot these last weeks because it :) )

Best Regards

Yali.

PS : You have probably noticed we were going a step beyond of just merging Tiers. The T2+ reworks has started, and SOoOoOOoo many things (bug and issues included) are coming SOON.

lefze
Posts: 149

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#2 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:34 pm

I definetly didn't expect supplies being removed completely, but this is probably that one change that restores my motivation to play, so good job :) Now if only sitting on BOs isn't more profitable than fighting, things are stating to look real bright.

User avatar
Yaliskah
King of Nothing
Posts: 831

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#3 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:38 pm

lefze wrote:I definetly didn't expect supplies being removed completely, but this is probably that one change that restores my motivation to play, so good job :) Now if only sitting on BOs isn't more profitable than fighting, things are stating to look real bright.


(Resource Carrying system will take place later in another situation)

User avatar
Haojin
Renown Rank 80
Posts: 803

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#4 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Nice news :)
Guildmaster of Phalanx

Haojun / Hao / Haojin / Haojins / Ryujin / Zergling

K8P - Karak Norn

User avatar
wiscel
Posts: 333

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#5 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Good one
Nasty - Squig Herder

KikkL
Posts: 233

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#6 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:56 pm

The T1 system is good. You can even use BOs as travel points.(hope that applies in t4)
The problem is having to sit on the BO. Something needs to be devised, so you dont have to mindlessly sit on an empty BO, just to make it generate supplies.

Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 679

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:58 pm

KikkL wrote:The T1 system is good. You can even use BOs as travel points.(hope that applies in t4)
The problem is having to sit on the BO. Something needs to be devised, so you dont have to mindlessly sit on an empty BO, just to make it generate supplies.


Portals are in for upper tiers.

User avatar
Mcgotrek
Posts: 164

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#8 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Looks interesting!
Image
Thunderer McGotrek Hvidsson
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

User avatar
Aurandilaz
Posts: 925

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#9 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Question, do you still lose zone contribution after 60 mins of last contribution done?

Because for example, say you get 3 hours of decent action in TM, then the enemy decides they no longer want TM, so they go fight in DW. Your wb moves after the enemy to DW and starts fighting there. Some people remain behind in TM, and there is minor skirmishing there, whilst the big fight rages in DW. After having spent 2 hours in DW doing epic RvR, the people who remained in TM have managed to capture the zone. Would your WB that left TM earlier get still chance to win bags from there (assuming they had previously done damn lot of RvR contribution towards bag rolls), or would they "cash out" their rewards after 60 mins having switched to DW, and have about no chance to getting bags from TM?

Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 679

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#10 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Question, do you still lose zone contribution after 60 mins of last contribution done?

Because for example, say you get 3 hours of decent action in TM, then the enemy decides they no longer want TM, so they go fight in DW. Your wb moves after the enemy to DW and starts fighting there. Some people remain behind in TM, and there is minor skirmishing there, whilst the big fight rages in DW. After having spent 2 hours in DW doing epic RvR, the people who remained in TM have managed to capture the zone. Would your WB that left TM earlier get still chance to win bags from there (assuming they had previously done damn lot of RvR contribution towards bag rolls), or would they "cash out" their rewards after 60 mins having switched to DW, and have about no chance to getting bags from TM?


Can't comment too much on this topic as I don't dig in rewards. I'd assume the least favorable outcome however, just in case.

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest