Recent Topics

Ads

2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
SpacestarKid

Re: 2017_09_11 : DOOMSDAY EVENT : FRESH NEWS

Post#21 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Yaliskah wrote:3 Pairings doesnt mean free empty gold bags (-->[]). So, if a keep is attacked in a pair without defenders ( or VERY VERY outnumbered), expect to have to have some "Sorry Mario, princess (your reward) is in another castle".
This may result in leaving zone for not letting an enemy to win any bags. Like "we can't hold this keep guys, lets move to another zone, so they can't earn the chest".
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Ads
Dabbart

Post#22 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the change. I won't be able to play for weeks, but hope it goes well and much Waaagh is to be had.
SpacestarKid wrote:
Yaliskah wrote:3 Pairings doesnt mean free empty gold bags (-->[]). So, if a keep is attacked in a pair without defenders ( or VERY VERY outnumbered), expect to have to have some "Sorry Mario, princess (your reward) is in another castle".
This may result in leaving zone for not letting an enemy to win any bags. Like "we can't hold this keep guys, lets move to another zone, so they can't earn the chest".

Also on this, currently when you wipe and releas to WC the AAO fluctuates drastically... hopefully there is some sort of timer on the numbers to alleviate this...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Palitelj

Post#23 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm

SpacestarKid wrote:
actually I think loser bags will keep deffenders in pop zone

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Palitelj wrote:actually I think loser bags will keep deffenders in pop zone
As soon as I implement them properly.

Grolar

Post#25 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 pm

First, Great patch. I hope its working out. I played a little bit today and while I saw a lot of people ( 50-75 )moving around, back and forth from BO to BO. I didn't see too many actually guarding and holding BO's. Not sure what will help get people to stay and guard of objectives. So far only the RR/INFL ticks get people to stay near them.

Second, I'm not sure how many players actually read the patch notes. I can imagine at least a 0.25-0.40 % of the population bother to. The rest just wait for friends or other players to tell them. Perhaps have an in game announcement appear when they log in. Either the daily one you have in chat or a large one on screen to remind players there are changes in game.

Just an idea.:idea:
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#26 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Grolar wrote:First, Great patch. I hope its working out. I played a little bit today and while I saw a lot of people ( 50-75 )moving around, back and forth from BO to BO. I didn't see too many actually guarding and holding BO's. Not sure what will help get people to stay and guard of objectives. So far only the RR/INFL ticks get people to stay near them.

Second, I'm not sure how many players actually read the patch notes. I can imagine at least a 0.25-0.40 % of the population bother to. The rest just wait for friends or other players to tell them. Perhaps have an in game announcement appear when they log in. Either the daily one you have in chat or a large one on screen to remind players there are changes in game.

Just an idea.:idea:
Did you play 15 minutes ago or 1 hour ago? Patch was just released.

Glorian

Post#27 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:54 pm

People seem currently a little confused about the tikking BOs in Troll Country. I think that will change in the comming days. Also there is a tendency now not to wait at the Warcamp entrance, but at the nearest BO.

Only that there are no Guards to protect you. :)
Bitterstone Sniper Squad is getting ready.

Thelen

Post#28 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm still somewhat confused. After patch hit, Destro held 3 of the 4 Ostland BOs pretty much the entire time. For a bit they were split 2/2. After like 15 minutes, Order keep was rank 4 and Destro was rank 0. An early bug perhaps, or am I missing something (likely)?

Ads
wwright72

Post#29 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Yaliskah wrote: 4. NEW ! Supplies (partII):
If you hold at least 1 BO you will start generating Supplies to rank your keep. If you don't hold at least 1 BO your keep will start to derank. IMPORTANT: amount of supplies generated by BO is connected to distance of BO from your Keep and your own Warcamp. BOs that are located near Keeps or Warcamps will generate small amounts of supplies.
Maybe this has something to do with it.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Thelen

Post#30 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:26 pm

wwright72 wrote:
Yaliskah wrote: 4. NEW ! Supplies (partII):
If you hold at least 1 BO you will start generating Supplies to rank your keep. If you don't hold at least 1 BO your keep will start to derank. IMPORTANT: amount of supplies generated by BO is connected to distance of BO from your Keep and your own Warcamp. BOs that are located near Keeps or Warcamps will generate small amounts of supplies.
Maybe this has something to do with it.
I read that, but doesn't explain why the Destro keep would stay at <rank 1. Order held Monestary of Mor (close to their keep) and sometimes the far ones and their keep rapidly grew to rank 4. Destro held Kinschel's (furthest from Destro keep) and two other BOs the entire time and couldn't get to rank 1. The numbers don't add up.