Recent Topics

Ads

Coders needed

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Coders needed

Post#1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:54 pm

As you may or may not have noticed I updated the sticky for sourcedev applications at:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=22788

We are moving slowly forward when it comes to the development of the server but we would like to move at a faster pace still and the only way we can do that really is to get more coders!

With that said, if you think you are someone we are looking for then go ahead and read the mentioned sticky before you post and application.

Your sincerely
Natherul

Ads
Collateral

Re: Coders needed

Post#2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 pm

One day maybe, one day :)

Noiree

Post#3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:26 pm

So, you're looking for someone to stick their fork in the spaghetti and twist them around even more?
If I had the time at hand, I'd apply for some serious refactoring work.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Penril

Post#4 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm

If you don't have the time, then... don't post here?

Noiree

Post#5 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Penril wrote:If you don't have the time, then... don't post here?
It's a matter of wanting to show support for the cause. And at the beginning there's actually a question. I've read the explanatory post in the forum and was trying to get some clearance.
Cause, you know, if the job small enough, one might be able to free a few minutes now and then.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Zanilos

Post#6 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Spoiler:
Noiree wrote:
Penril wrote:If you don't have the time, then... don't post here?
It's a matter of wanting to show support for the cause. And at the beginning there's actually a question. I've read the explanatory post in the forum and was trying to get some clearance.
Cause, you know, if the job small enough, one might be able to free a few minutes now and then.
That's the staff you would be working with, wonder why no one decent applies :shock:
What I posted was for everyone - If you are not gonna apply for Coder position, don't post here. User has been warned for this post.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Spoiler:
Penril is forum mod, not dev though. So cantankerous as he Is, he wouldn't be a factor in the coding team, if I read it correctly.
Same as above.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

azagthoth123

Post#8 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:02 am

@Natherul, were you looking for applications in this forum? The Applications subforum looks locked to my 5 second look at it.

I am a C# developer (well I moved into Architecture, but like to keep my hand in a little), so I might be interested - love the game, so would like to contribute if possible.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:13 am

azagthoth123 wrote:@Natherul, were you looking for applications in this forum? The Applications subforum looks locked to my 5 second look at it.

I am a C# developer (well I moved into Architecture, but like to keep my hand in a little), so I might be interested - love the game, so would like to contribute if possible.
Should be open now. Was locked a long time ago for some reasons I don't recall.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Nidwin

Post#10 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:30 am

What OS is the server running, my guess would be windows because of C# but I could be wrong.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]