Recent Topics

Ads

ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

Post#291 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 am

szejoza wrote: AFK at BO's - truth is, before that people afked at warcamp, so now at least one side gets resources generated and the other got potentially freekills. It doesn't punish any side, except for the contribution for bags is too big in comparison to keep taking/defending, recapping BO's. But I guess you are aware of that :D

Bag contribution sucks – well, I must admit I agree with that, for a couple of days I played in WB and actively ran around capping BO’s and killing stuff and my highest contribution was 100 points to roll. At the same time people that afked at one BO’s for hours were in top 5 of contributors and didn’t even deny it. It’s not players fault that system works like that, but if it goes on there will be no one to run around because everyone will leech of a BO’s for the highest contribution and chance for bag.
This will be addressed this Saturday at the latest.

Thanks for the rest of your feedback, it seem from your PoV it is working as we think it should.

Ads
szejoza

Post#292 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:45 am

Oh, and I forgot about one idea that popped in my head about afk'ers

What about giving BO's some sort of corruption mechanic/debuff which would deal dmg the longer you stay at one BO (forcing players to at least move out of corruption zone for a second or even go for another BO). Players that really afk would simply die and others would get contribution for defending BO as they would have to be aware of their debuff and stay active.

Just a food for thought tho ;)
Spoiler:

naugrim

Post#293 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:53 am

This morning order keep was under attack at TM and 1 wb order was afk on gromril just for the tick and no defense for 20 minutes ...and better at the end afk order on bo hope to have a roll after lock. Order was more than destru with no aao. Something wrong here.
Last edited by naugrim on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#294 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 am

naugrim wrote:This morning order keep was under attack at TM and 1 wb order afk on gromril just for the tick and no defense for 20 minutes ! Something wrong here...
Care to share what exactly?

naugrim

Post#295 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:58 am

The keep become useless to defend as nobody move they prefer afk rp

Hargrim
Developer

Post#296 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:16 am

naugrim wrote:The keep become useless to defend as nobody move they prefer afk rp
Wrong. Players are useless, not keep. They prefer weak ticks instead of good renown from defense and loot rolls at end of the zone, their choice.

With removal of contribution from BO ticks things will change again.

Foltestik

Post#297 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:20 am

Hargrim wrote: You should decide what you want to say, because you said 2 different things that contradict each other.
sorry my english sux:)

my first idea was that lowbie has no chance agains 40.
But after testing and same fights i must say it works pretty good

Hargrim
Developer

Post#298 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 am

Ok, glad you liked this. And yes, the purpose of the changes is to integrate the playerbase, mixed groups of bolstered players and R40/RR40+ players are something we really would like to support.

Ads
naugrim

Post#299 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:30 am

Hargrim wrote:
naugrim wrote:The keep become useless to defend as nobody move they prefer afk rp
Wrong. Players are useless, not keep. They prefer weak ticks instead of good renown from defense and loot rolls at end of the zone, their choice.

With removal of contribution from BO ticks things will change again.
Thank for your answer it make sense. I agree with you.

Draknor

Post#300 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Hargrim wrote:
This, you speak the truth.
I don't get why ppl connect to a PvP game and keep waiting, doing nothing, while they could be having good fights somewhere else.