Recent Topics

Ads

ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Asherdoom

Re: ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth

Post#191 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 pm

well keep is still a fundamental part of open rvr i guess. locking a zone without keep is a bad thing.

Ads
Haojin

Post#192 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Underdog buff/debuff is a terrible idea which explained above. You assuming all people in the zone fighting eachother in same spot.

However, your suggestion will only work if aao bound to area of player himself not the global zone.

My final suggestion will be like that:
1-global aao, the current one.
2-diminishing ratios, the current one.
3-personal aao, detects x feet of each player, if you outnumbered like mofo, you get x type of buff-i personally prefer only wounds buff- . this one is important cause you can definetly create a zerg while you have global aao too.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

ghyntama

Post#193 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 am

this new flag system think is good ( the problem is afk on flags )
but killing who carried the resources from the flag to the castle was very fun

sry for my english!

flatfoot1987

Post#194 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 am

Any plans to tweak bolster for 31-39 range? Recently leveled several toons through merged tier and assuming you got good gear that r48 bolster is doing well (probably too well on quite a few occasions).

Once you hit r31 you become really weak as old r40 bolster kicks in. Main stats seem to drop significantly. I stopped playing chars that hit r31 for now to accumulate some rested xp and pvegrind till r37 at least.

At this stage you're not welcome in scenarios (in 16-31 range people prolly don't bother with that as all they want is scen pops), orvr wbs prefer r40s also. I've seen quite a few people discussing this, you literally got a chance vs someone at r29, few hours later at r31 you can't hurt anyone.

16-31 feels more or less competitive with the right gear, 31-39 doesn't. Maybe it makes some sense to scale that bolster up a bit (r42-44?).

Another idea: lower annihilator rr requirement down a few levels (32 to 36 for full set?) so people don't have to pvegrind to feel okay in that range. Same could probably be applied to devastator as well - once you finish collecting it you're off to farm pqs to replace it with ruin.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Hargrim
Developer

Post#195 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:36 am

flatfoot1987 wrote:Any plans to tweak bolster for 31-39 range? Recently leveled several toons through merged tier and assuming you got good gear that r48 bolster is doing well (probably too well on quite a few occasions).

Once you hit r31 you become really weak as old r40 bolster kicks in. Main stats seem to drop significantly. I stopped playing chars that hit r31 for now to accumulate some rested xp and pvegrind till r37 at least.

At this stage you're not welcome in scenarios (in 16-31 range people prolly don't bother with that as all they want is scen pops), orvr wbs prefer r40s also. I've seen quite a few people discussing this, you literally got a chance vs someone at r29, few hours later at r31 you can't hurt anyone.

16-31 feels more or less competitive with the right gear, 31-39 doesn't. Maybe it makes some sense to scale that bolster up a bit (r42-44?).

Another idea: lower annihilator rr requirement down a few levels (32 to 36 for full set?) so people don't have to pvegrind to feel okay in that range. Same could probably be applied to devastator as well - once you finish collecting it you're off to farm pqs to replace it with ruin.
Maybe we could downgrade the Ruin and epic weapons to R31 for example, but this is question for Torque and Wargrimnir.

flatfoot1987

Post#196 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:38 am

Well, that works too. Every ruin group I see is in 29-32 range anyway.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Aurandilaz

Post#197 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am

Suggestion, drop Mayhem to rank 20 gear.
Stalkers rank 20.
Obli at 16 (why is one piece 17?)
Devastator/Duelist to rank 25
Ruin to rank 31
Anni/merc rank 31, same with epic quest weapon (though good luck killing rank 40 bosses as rank 31 char)

Currently playing any class between 30-40 is quite the suffering, you lack 4th tactic and are most likely far behind other t4 in renown abilities/buffs, and the bolster barely keeps you competitive. Worst in scenarios, where you most likely just keep exploding and at best provide the enemy a minor annoyance.

Nidwin

Post#198 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am

biotek wrote: RoR NA prime time T1 is only occasionally even enough for a fight, or populated enough to lock zones. That discounts the total lack of resistance that occurs most nights
That was my guess, NA prime time and the lack of players in T1. :cry:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#199 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:59 am

Nidwin wrote:That was my guess, NA prime time and the lack of players in T1. :cry:
We can always merge T1 with T2+ and bolster players rank 1-15 to R60 :D.

flatfoot1987

Post#200 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Suggestion, drop Mayhem to rank 20 gear.
Stalkers rank 20.
Obli at 16 (why is one piece 17?)
Devastator/Duelist to rank 25
Ruin to rank 31
Anni/merc rank 31, same with epic quest weapon (though good luck killing rank 40 bosses as rank 31 char)

Currently playing any class between 30-40 is quite the suffering, you lack 4th tactic and are most likely far behind other t4 in renown abilities/buffs, and the bolster barely keeps you competitive. Worst in scenarios, where you most likely just keep exploding and at best provide the enemy a minor annoyance.
I mostly agree with that, some gear req tweaking is required after that tier merge. Although I'd say that downgranding Stalker to rank 21 and Ruin to r31 would probably suffice because changing pvp gear req is too big of a picture, I guess.

Stalker is also a whole another story. Someone suggested to switch quest heroes to champs earlier but the devs said no. Nowadays I literally see no one going after Stalker. Few weeks ago I actually had to pay someone to kill some of these heroes for me because I couldn't find anyone else willing to group up.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP