Recent Topics

Ads

Server status: Up or Down?

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Onemantankwall

Re: Server is Down

Post#781 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:44 am

Those darn hamsters wiped out my entire zerg, i call hax!
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
bwun

Post#782 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 am

aww :(

zaroio123

Post#783 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:44 am

Do you have any possibility of returning even today or at dawn?

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#784 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:55 am

Well that was a bummer my guild group start time was 5 mins after the shutdown. I guess order feared us and closed down the server.

michela89

Post#785 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:57 am

I had the bauble and we were at 480 points into tor anroc. I was cursing my internet.

dtjror

Post#786 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 am

Ok, with all due respect, this is getting old. Seems like lately just about every day same thing - US prime time rolls around and server crashes. Gets fixed (if at all) very late, and at that point not many people logging in to play. Dead server. =(

Can't say for sure, but I'm guessing it hums along just fine for the EU gits. Not alleging any sort of anti-American conspiracy here, but patterns don't lie, and this is now becoming a pattern. Whatever is gumming up the works isn't random.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#787 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 am

dtjror wrote:Ok, with all due respect, this is getting old. Seems like lately just about every day same thing - US prime time rolls around and server crashes. Gets fixed (if at all) very late, and at that point not many people logging in to play. Dead server. =(

Can't say for sure, but I'm guessing it hums along just fine for the EU gits. Not alleging any sort of anti-American conspiracy here, but patterns don't lie, and this is now becoming a pattern. Whatever is gumming up the works isn't random.
It's not random, but it's also not any sort of malicious intent. We're quite aware that memory issues have persisted and it's our top priority for the year to get under control. However the gits who can manage the server at that level are asleep during NA prime seeing as it's a 6-8 hour time difference.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#788 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:20 am

wargrimnir wrote:
dtjror wrote:Ok, with all due respect, this is getting old. Seems like lately just about every day same thing - US prime time rolls around and server crashes. Gets fixed (if at all) very late, and at that point not many people logging in to play. Dead server. =(

It's not random, but it's also not any sort of malicious intent. We're quite aware that memory issues have persisted and it's our top priority for the year to get under control. However the gits who can manage the server at that level are asleep during NA prime seeing as it's a 6-8 hour time difference.
Indeed, I know th devs are doing everything they can. I appreciate all their efforts, but i bet the consistent NA prime time outages is hurting the already low population NA population. It is a shame.

Ads
dtjror

Post#789 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:28 am

wargrimnir wrote:

Yea I didn't mean to imply anything malicious going on, but as you acknowledge it's not random and adversely affects the America's most because of the lack of availability of those who can address the problem.

So, until it is brought "under control" in a more permanent measure, would it be too much to ask for a temporary NA proxy who could at least do what is necessary to get the server back up? Obviously you're around/awake at these times - can't they at least give you the necessary access? We appreciate all you guys do, but with the situation as it is NA players might as well just "bugger off".

Darosh
Banned

Post#790 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:32 am

wargrimnir wrote:Locked up again. Hampsters have stolen the keys are are scurrying around in the ductwork. Sending a small army of Dawi as they're the only thing that'd fit up there. Unfortunately they took their beer, got caught in a dead end, and decided to drink it off. This might take a while, or their girth might collapse everything onto the poor rodents and we can get back to normal operations.
There is an easy solution to that:
Tie a keg of Bugman's to the hampsters, if they get lost the Dawi will sniff them out in no time whatsoever.