Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary : November 2017

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Morak

Re: Dev Diary : November 2017

Post#51 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 am

Great work!!! Please keep going!

I've just a question about the new hypothetical classes for the Chaos race:

Demonettes and Bloodletters are Demons of other deites (rispectively Khorne and Slaanesh) in the Chaos pantheon.
In the case of a great invasion, individual powers can join forces, but this happens rarely when the boss is of a specific faction (Tchar'zaneck is a follower of Tzeentch like all of his.. ehmm "staff members").
It would make more sense if the boss was "Undivided" (like Archaon the Everchosen, for those who know the Warhammer Lore).

Also I think there is a difficulty with the equipment (I'm talking about set armor and mission rewards) since they typically go... naked (apart from the Bloodletter blades).
Another issue is PvE and missions in general: the idea of a demon doing missions of the type "prove your self" given by a human to demonstrate its value in front of other humans.. does not really exite me a lot.

Do you consider Beastmen instead? I understand they are less interesting, but at least they are more "manageable" at Lore's level.

Sorry for the bad english and thanks for all of your work!

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#52 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Slayers are also naked and yet they have as much gear as the rest. Non issue here.

Morak

Post#53 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Hargrim wrote:Slayers are also naked and yet they have as much gear as the rest. Non issue here.
Not exactly, at least Slayer (like Witch Elf) have shoes, gloves, belts, some kind of pants or bracelet and so on...

It is not impossible to find something that would applies for demons, but is surely more difficult.

I'm not saying: "this is ugly". I'm saying: "Great! But are you sure about it? Because for many reasons (and equipment are only one of those) maybe there is some better choices.

Ultimately, I just try to help make this game even better, in the essence of Warhammer).

Collateral

Post#54 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:44 pm

I agree with Morak. Deamons doing quests and gearing up? Eh, not my cup of tea. I love the warhammer lore and would like the game to be as 'historical' as it can. But deamons are minions of the gods basically. They don't quite have a will of their own. That's why I dislike the idea of controling one. I see them more as a force of nature, spirits from another dimension. Also, bloodletters as healers?

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#55 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Yesterday we have met with the Beastmaster ingame :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIrhxnoBvMY
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Njaguar

Post#56 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Badass!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#57 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Morak wrote:
Hargrim wrote:Slayers are also naked and yet they have as much gear as the rest. Non issue here.
Not exactly, at least Slayer (like Witch Elf) have shoes, gloves, belts, some kind of pants or bracelet and so on...

It is not impossible to find something that would applies for demons, but is surely more difficult.

I'm not saying: "this is ugly". I'm saying: "Great! But are you sure about it? Because for many reasons (and equipment are only one of those) maybe there is some better choices.

Ultimately, I just try to help make this game even better, in the essence of Warhammer).
Luckily, Age of Sigmar has brought us the Khorne Slaughterpriest who is a mortal follower of Khorne, carries big happy weapons, and drinks the blood of his enemies. That would be a fitting mortal replacement. The list in the video was made like, 8 years ago. It was a fantasy draft that would likely need hundreds of hours of work to get anywhere near off the ground. I'm personally not holding my breath for it.

Daemonettes would mostly use their glamour ability to appear as a female-only human while among the chaos forces, as a high elf while infiltrating enemy forces, and fully transformed into demon mode during short duration long cooldowns. If Slaanesh decides to make a batch of daemonettes to play with the mortals, that's his/her/its business to do so. Slaanesh is kinda weird like that. I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch, certainly a lot less so than Bloodletters. What was I thinking...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Morak

Post#58 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:48 pm

A wise man once said: There are at least two way to solve every problem.

Well this is surely an improvement in my opinion. I'm an old time general from the tabletop Warhammer, so read the words "Age of Sigmar" make me sneeze :P

But, hey! Is still an improvement! Who am i to judge?

Thanks for your time and your answers.
Sorry for the bad english and keep up the good work!

Ads
Khrum

Post#59 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Guys is a chance with lifting RR cap above 80 and taking out slower RR gain for 40+ and new sets to allow conversion of officer tokens in to conqueror?
* Khruumm - IB * Rhunor - RP * Khrumka - BW * Voltimor - Sorcerer * Tecet - Zealot * Raid leader of Duraz Tarag. Member of 7th Legion Guild.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#60 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Khrum wrote:Guys is a chance with lifting RR cap above 80 and taking out slower RR gain for 40+ and new sets to allow conversion of officer tokens in to conqueror?
I really don't think so.