Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary : February 2018

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DokB

Re: Dev Diary : February 2018

Post#11 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:07 am

I never got to play live long enough to experience Fortresses.

What do they entail? Are they just zerg fests or is there room for roaming groups?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Tesq

Post#12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 am

DokB wrote:I never got to play live long enough to experience Fortresses.

What do they entail? Are they just zerg fests or is there room for roaming groups?
they basically are what a keep should be, there is some manouvre inside for flank in the same floor, tough as said keep should be like that and fortress should get even bigger (2 of the things gw2 done right)

Landgoat

Post#13 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 am

Very well written and exciting stuff, thanks for all the hard work and sharing some cool deets. :D
WAAAAGH!
Shaman/ Landy - rr80
BG/ Killadelph - rr70

Numaris

Post#14 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 am

Praise Dev team.

Raggaz

Post#15 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 am

Rock on! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ragafury

Post#16 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:02 am

thanks for the flightplan!
keep up the good work!
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Nerdslayer26

Post#17 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:59 am

That's great and all but what are your plans to help with balance? Log on everyday to see 160% aao and destro having 60% server population. You removed a lot of stuff that was helping and now we get nothing, you're losing people daily. Friends I've had for months just having enough. Guilds still bugged so most people roam solo.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:12 am

Nerdslayer26 wrote:That's great and all but what are your plans to help with balance? Log on everyday to see 160% aao and destro having 60% server population. You removed a lot of stuff that was helping and now we get nothing, you're losing people daily. Friends I've had for months just having enough. Guilds still bugged so most people roam solo.

There is really nothing any dev team could ever do to make people play a faction they do not want to play, just so that the realms are balanced. You can't go around telling people what to play.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Nerdslayer26

Post#19 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:15 am

I didn't say make people play one side. Perhaps not taking out the system that gave extra resources when you had aao. Defending a keep with no rank when you have 200% aao isn't exactly going to happen. Making it so you had some bag rolls when you're getting steamrolled to actually catch up on gear would be nice. Maybe, and this is extreme, stat bonus for every 20 or 60% aao your realm has; extra damage and healing done.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:40 am

Nerdslayer26 wrote:I didn't say make people play one side. Perhaps not taking out the system that gave extra resources when you had aao. Defending a keep with no rank when you have 200% aao isn't exactly going to happen. Making it so you had some bag rolls when you're getting steamrolled to actually catch up on gear would be nice. Maybe, and this is extreme, stat bonus for every 20 or 60% aao your realm has; extra damage and healing done.
When having aao bonus you have plenty enemies and therefore a lot targets to gain contribution. Be grateful that you were on smaller side.
Dying is no option.