Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary : February 2018

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Loans

Re: Dev Diary : February 2018

Post#31 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Loans wrote:Any news about the new sets? Like the Onslaught ?

We are actually building chap 22 pq script and codes
Thanks, can't wait to use it for my wp 8-)

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#32 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks for the headsup.

Say, are the forums going a tad bonkers, or did the staff shrink a tad?

Xarko

Post#33 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:11 pm

I first joined RoR in late 2015. Nice attempt, I thought, but way too buggy and content lacking for me to enjoy. I checked back 2 years later, surprised the server is still going and I was genuinely amazed how much progress you guys have made. Great job so far and Im sure 2018 is going to be another good year for RoR.

dansari

Post#34 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Xarko wrote:I first joined RoR in late 2015. Nice attempt, I thought, but way too buggy and content lacking for me to enjoy. I checked back 2 years later, surprised the server is still going and I was genuinely amazed how much progress you guys have made. Great job so far and Im sure 2018 is going to be another good year for RoR.
<Salt Factory>

Rodek

Post#35 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks for all your work, and letting us know the plans.

Hastykrasty

Post#36 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm

DokB wrote:I never got to play live long enough to experience Fortresses.

What do they entail? Are they just zerg fests or is there room for roaming groups?
Fortress are mostly bigger keeps, you have the outer wall which is facing only one way (you can't cirlce/surround the outer keep like the ORvR ones), with two outer doors (also there are posterns if i recall correctly). So it's required a lot of people to funnel properly, especially if posterns follow the same keep mechanic.
Inner keep is bigger, you have two inner doors (plus postern) that are at 90 degrees apart from each other, also you have more ramps 3 (or four if I rememer correctly: two inner ramps and two outer). The lord is really a LORD, meaning that it really hurts (at least it should).
Side note: you have also more guards in and around the keep (that used to be champs).

Basically, the defenders have alway acces to the fortress during outer siege (they can't be ganked), and a stronger npc presence, however attackers have more ways in and more siege (although I am not shure about this part because of the many changes made since then).

To answer your last question we should know the fortress implementation in the current mechanic, I believe that roaming groups will have a smaller role, bringing the focus more towards WB vs WB. However, they could still gank the possible reinforcements once the outer doors are down.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Tesq

Post#37 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Loans wrote:Any news about the new sets? Like the Onslaught ?

We are actually building chap 22 pq script and codes
i was intentioned to ask this, why seems some onslaught set are worst than ruin?

i mean ruin is a rank 40/ rr0 set while onslaught is a rank 40/ rr 32; but for some classes values are off; for exemple tanks have same/more armor (i mean on each piece) but healers seems have less(?), i was just wonder if there was an error or was intended (at least this is what i read from values in sets sheets.

is this intentional?

edit: nvm i was comparing anni for healers instead ruin; anyway if someone alredy have ruin or goes directly anni feel like onslaugh on healrs gona be skip, shame..
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dansari

Post#38 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Onslaught will be incredibly good for some classes.. BW/sorc, WP/dok because of the bonuses
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Tesq

Post#39 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:53 pm

dansari wrote:Onslaught will be incredibly good for some classes.. BW/sorc, WP/dok because of the bonuses
mah questionable for dok/wp with being able to rec with out remove detaunt well you could save 1 tactic but it give less armor and ini( or heal crit, cant remember but there was something) stay anny is the same or going conqueror is better, unless as said you wanna save 1 tactic slot for essence rec or be backline mode full and also leave home detaunt, (which open 2 tactic but no more tanky potential ), i saved my dok grind till now for onslaught but i think i gona go for conqueror.

Eggs

Post#40 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Thank you for the update. It's good to see that the most important things that need addressing remain on your radar.

I have a question. Something I've been wondering for a long time.

Just before WAR sunsetted, Carrie Gouskos wrote a 'goodbye letter' to the WAR community. In it, she discussed the existence of a partly finished Vampire themed Bloodhunt expansion, and 2 of the fully built (but not yet optimized) Karaz-A-Karak and Karak Eight Peaks.

Do any of these assets still exist, and do you have access to them? I realize it's far beyond the scope of your two-year roadmap, but it's something I've been wondering since she posted that.

~TYL