Recent Topics

Ads

Dev Diary : February 2018

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bozzax

Re: Dev Diary : February 2018

Post#71 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am

My I suggest you put rr on PVE sets? It gets meh when ppl have rr20 and end gear because their guildies could carry them through lairs.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#72 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:06 am

Bozzax wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 am My I suggest you put rr on PVE sets? It gets meh when ppl have rr20 and end gear because their guildies could carry them through lairs.
Does this even happen? I thought Redeye is useless and nobody run Gunbad.

Bozzax

Post#73 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 am

When you add late pve sets it will likely be an issue yes, like on live.

Now it is just easier to get anni / merc then gunbad set plus you get renown.

(Well if tyrant is much quicker to get then sov ofc)

It is simply another form of PL if left unchecked.
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Vayra

Post#74 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 am

Bozzax wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 am When you add late pve sets it will likely be an issue yes, like on live.

(Well if tyrant is much quicker to get then sov ofc)
It wasn't an issue on live getting decent gear early. As a healer it allowed you to be on even footing gear-wise with people up to invader with DP or Warlord with Tyrant (if that was a heal set for your class, IIRC it was more DPS for DoKs). You're still way behind on RR, which will be significant.

Besides, it's good that newbies can get some good gear early with a bit of help, makes it more likely they'll stick around if they don't get trounced day in and day out by people with far better gear.

And you're still reliant on the sets being the role you want. On this server Conq is heal for some (all?) healers (was DPS on live), so will Sentinel be heal or dps here?

And personally I liked being able to get wards from RvR as well, though you could up the requirements more. Unless you intend to not use wards for forts or cities (if we get those eventually).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Bozzax

Post#75 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:25 am

If there are no rr requirments it is simply a way to bypass the gear ladder (time played = power of gear)

If the whole group would take + damage if one member lacks wards then it is less exploitable tbh (ie you cant piggyback and skip previous steps in pve ladder)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#76 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:46 am

Vayra wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 am Unless you intend to not use wards for forts or cities (if we get those eventually).

I addressed this above.

Bozzax wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:25 am If there are no rr requirments it is simply a way to bypass the gear ladder (time played = power of gear)

If the whole group would take + damage if one member lacks wards then it is less exploitable tbh (ie you cant piggyback and skip previous steps in pve ladder)

I don't see any bypassing of gear ladder if you focus on PvE sets - you just take another route there. The + of PvE sets is that you can attempt to get them whenever you have 5 more people with you and you are off the lockout. It will be probably offset a bit by the fact that RvR sets tend to be tad more powerful than the PvE ones.

And yes, this will affect whole groups.

Bozzax

Post#77 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:58 am

And yes, this will affect whole groups.
If dungons are impossible with one member lacking wards well gear-pl-piggyback is no problem.

Did not understand it would be group wide when I read your post/ideas
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurandilaz

Post#78 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 am

Any hopes of giving classes like WH/WE actual AoE abilities if you are planning on increasing importance of PvE in future gear acquiring?
Visited Gunbad once on my WE, realized it wasn't fun having to ST though hundreds of mobs because for some reason your class has no normal AoE dmg potential, resulting in the sheer lack of AoE dragging my group speed downwards. Went much faster on a BW, no surprise there.
Maybe allow Slice/RazorStrike to hit 9 targets with the tactic slotted but giving -30% dmg, so that PvE isn't less imbalanced regarding certain DPS class picks for party composition; otherwise you are basically penalizing your group for not having chosen a Sorc/magus/mara/choppa/SH instead.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#79 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:25 am

Ask Torque or create balance proposal.

daniilpb

Post#80 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:34 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 am Any hopes of giving classes like WH/WE actual AoE abilities if you are planning on increasing importance of PvE in future gear acquiring?
Visited Gunbad once on my WE, realized it wasn't fun having to ST though hundreds of mobs because for some reason your class has no normal AoE dmg potential, resulting in the sheer lack of AoE dragging my group speed downwards. Went much faster on a BW, no surprise there.
Maybe allow Slice/RazorStrike to hit 9 targets with the tactic slotted but giving -30% dmg, so that PvE isn't less imbalanced regarding certain DPS class picks for party composition; otherwise you are basically penalizing your group for not having chosen a Sorc/magus/mara/choppa/SH instead.
In light of experience from using Split Arrows tactic which decreases your damage but gives your skill aoe potential, I can say that a tactic with such conditions will never be worthwhile enough to lose a tactic slot. The only justification is when you don’t have any other options like in case of WH/WE. With those tactics in current state you still will be subpar compared to classes with viable aoe builds, no matter how many targets your fluff damage will hit
Last edited by daniilpb on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage