Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dansari

Re: Contribution

Post#61 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Snoxx wrote:A few silver coins per teleport doesn't stop the supposedly existing "pro-gaming x-realm saboteur" with 1000g in the bank, but it stops the frustrated random dude who creates a new account with a lvl 1 char to sabotage the enemy team.

Also it stops those randoms on your own side, who mindlessly use portal every time, just because they are too lazy to walk to the BO, and thus kill your efforts to rank up the keep or repair the doors.

And of course, the game could use another money sink. Look at the prices in the auction house, inflation has already begun.
Thank you. I've waited my whole life to be associated with pro gaming. 1. Adding the cost of a few silver to portal use will not stop people from using portals to teleport places (because a few silver does not hurt anyone's bank). 2. No one is creating level 1 characters to sabotage the enemy realm. 3. The game doesn't need a money sink. Make more money. 4. There is little to no evidence of people x-realming for malicious reasons anyway.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Snoxx

Post#62 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:22 pm

If nothing else, the few silver coins per teleport would stop your own clueless randoms from depleting resources while you desperately try to rank up the keep or repair the doors.

But we are getting off-topic here. If the devs like the idea, they might implement it.

adamthelc

Post#63 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Would be cool if you could save contribution on 1 character after playing in a zone for 2 hours or something. Not sure if thats realistic or even possible. But I understand the problem with being able to just swap a bunch of characters getting just enough contribution to get a roll.

Thelen

Post#64 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:45 pm

dansari wrote:
Snoxx wrote:A few silver coins per teleport doesn't stop the supposedly existing "pro-gaming x-realm saboteur" with 1000g in the bank, but it stops the frustrated random dude who creates a new account with a lvl 1 char to sabotage the enemy team.

Also it stops those randoms on your own side, who mindlessly use portal every time, just because they are too lazy to walk to the BO, and thus kill your efforts to rank up the keep or repair the doors.

And of course, the game could use another money sink. Look at the prices in the auction house, inflation has already begun.
Thank you. I've waited my whole life to be associated with pro gaming. 1. Adding the cost of a few silver to portal use will not stop people from using portals to teleport places (because a few silver does not hurt anyone's bank). 2. No one is creating level 1 characters to sabotage the enemy realm. 3. The game doesn't need a money sink. Make more money. 4. There is little to no evidence of people x-realming for malicious reasons anyway.
I think you'd be surprised by the amount of folks that would avoid portals because of this. Take a look at how many people stack up triple wounds rebuffs because they don't want to spend the silver to clear it.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#65 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:48 pm

dansari wrote:
Natherul wrote:
Added some wiki shenanigans. Hargrim/Nath let me know if I got any of that wrong or if more should be added.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... ntribution
its correct. Get ready to edit more in the wiki with the next patch (unrelated to this thread)

dansari

Post#66 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Spoiler:
Thelen wrote:
dansari wrote:

I think you'd be surprised by the amount of folks that would avoid portals because of this. Take a look at how many people stack up triple wounds rebuffs because they don't want to spend the silver to clear it.
Happy to be wrong because I don't like the portals taking away from ranking up keeps, too. I just don't think it will be as effective as hoped, nor do I think it's something the devs would make a priority.
Natherul wrote:its correct. Get ready to edit more in the wiki with the next patch (unrelated to this thread)
Perfect -- thank you sir.
<Salt Factory>

Sulorie

Post#67 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:01 pm

dansari wrote: Happy to be wrong because I don't like the portals taking away from ranking up keeps, too. I just don't think it will be as effective as hoped, nor do I think it's something the devs would make a priority.
Actually you don't lose keep rank progress by using portals.
A teleport, possible once every 6 seconds, consumes all generated resources you would gain in 6 seconds from the chosen BO.
This means you can only slow down the ranking up by using them.
Dying is no option.

dansari

Post#68 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Sulorie wrote:
dansari wrote: Happy to be wrong because I don't like the portals taking away from ranking up keeps, too. I just don't think it will be as effective as hoped, nor do I think it's something the devs would make a priority.
Actually you don't lose keep rank progress by using portals.
A teleport, possible once every 6 seconds, consumes all generated resources you would gain in 6 seconds from the chosen BO.
This means you can only slow down the ranking up by using them.
Yep - that's what I mean. It can be very frustrating trying to rank a keep sometimes because of that
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Akalukz

Post#69 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Why not put a warning on teleporter use. I would imagine a large portion of the player base (especially new or returning) don't even realize it takes away resources every time it's used.
-= Agony =-

akenatoth

Post#70 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 am

Akalukz wrote:Why not put a warning on teleporter use. I would imagine a large portion of the player base (especially new or returning) don't even realize it takes away resources every time it's used.
Wouldn't stop exploiters.