Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
PartizanRUS

Re: Contribution

Post#31 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:09 am

Cross-realming must be killed because its cancer. Its very simple to understand and if you can't that your personal problem. Same applies to nerfed buttons. It was dozens of pages on this forum already with detailed explanations for most simple people why its cancer and why original game had faction lock. It doesn't matter if its community or game issue, it must be killed.
xanderous wrote:
Aethilmar wrote:A question about the "cross-realming" contribution penalties:

Does the contribution take into account switching from the populated side to the lesser populated side? For example, if I start the day on my Order toons then notice that Destro is getting rolled due to a pop imbalance and I switch to Destro will that slow down (or even prevent) contribution for my Destro toons?
No you will just lose all contribution gained on the previous character and your new one will start from scratch.
As it should be, isn't it. Maybe save contibution for some time on disconnects.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Ads
Glorian

Post#32 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:25 am

akenatoth wrote:Hey m8, great work!
Does "defending" a BO also include "just holding it without any fight" or does it have to involve fighting to get any actual contribution?
Related to the whole RvR system: can we please disable teleporters? They can be exploited by xrealmers/people with a 2nd account just to sabotage the other faction.
Thanks again
From personal experience:
Going to a zone, sitting on a BO kill only one destro before the lock will get you not enough contribution for a roll.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#33 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 am

adamthelc wrote:So if a tank defends their guard damage, do they prevent contribution?

Don't know if it really matters just curious.
As long as the damage was valid in the first place from the guardee then as soon as the guard procs and checks your defense the contribution is added.

akenatoth

Post#34 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:08 am

Glorian wrote:
Does "defending" a BO also include "just holding it without any fight" or does it have to involve fighting to get any actual contribution?
Related to the whole RvR system: can we please disable teleporters? They can be exploited by xrealmers/people with a 2nd account just to sabotage the other faction.
Thanks again
Going to a zone, sitting on a BO kill only one destro before the lock will get you not enough contribution for a roll.
Going to a zone, doing your job, then sitting on a BO to regen doors. Does the latter action help my contribution at all or am I sacrificing my time for the realm while I could do other things that give more contribution?

Nekkma

Post#35 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:19 am

Glorian wrote:
Thanks again
Seems to me there is a random or relative component to it as well. I just ran into a zone, started hitting on a player outside the wc, player got healed and i got a scenario pop. Took pop and zone locked while in scenario. Got a gold bag. Other times I have spent 15-30 min in a zone, gotten 5-10 kills usually on BOs and recieved the special bag.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Hargrim
Developer

Post#36 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 am

akenatoth wrote:
Glorian wrote:
Thanks again
Going to a zone, doing your job, then sitting on a BO to regen doors. Does the latter action help my contribution at all or am I sacrificing my time for the realm while I could do other things that give more contribution?
The answer is in first post.

Fallenkezef

Post#37 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:38 am

Might explain my recent run of bag rolls. Been joining Terranc's pug mostly and guarding Doks and mdps, Terranc tends to run to a BO, clear it and wait for it to lock rather than hit and run like some other WB's do.

Well dev's can't be clearer, if we do our jobs we get shinies.
Alea iacta est

Fallenkezef

Post#38 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am

PartizanRUS wrote:Cross-realming must be killed because its cancer. Its very simple to understand and if you can't that your personal problem. Same applies to nerfed buttons. It was dozens of pages on this forum already with detailed explanations for most simple people why its cancer and why original game had faction lock. It doesn't matter if its community or game issue, it must be killed.
xanderous wrote:
Aethilmar wrote:A question about the "cross-realming" contribution penalties:

Does the contribution take into account switching from the populated side to the lesser populated side? For example, if I start the day on my Order toons then notice that Destro is getting rolled due to a pop imbalance and I switch to Destro will that slow down (or even prevent) contribution for my Destro toons?
No you will just lose all contribution gained on the previous character and your new one will start from scratch.
As it should be, isn't it. Maybe save contibution for some time on disconnects.
Care to suggest how?
Alea iacta est

Ads
Glorian

Post#39 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 am

Contribution IS safed on Disconnects.

It is only removed if you change TO ANOTHER character.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#40 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:03 am

Glorian wrote:Contribution IS safed on Disconnects.

It is only removed if you change TO ANOTHER character.
And join same battlefront.